Question on Forum Rules

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
I'm perplexed. If the game is able to run faster on one device, platform, or software (e.g. iOS vs Android, PC vs mobile device), why is that not an allowed forum discussion topic? Can someone point me to the forum rule that makes that discussion a violation? I've read the posted rules and just don't see it.

Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting — D3 Go! Forums

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The apparently loose nature of what is considered an "exploit" and how discussing it amounts to "advocating cheating".

Mods have stated in the past that discussing specific cheating behavior or exploitation in any sense is a violation, despite the distinct ability to have a discussion about it that not only does not explicitly advocating cheating, but explicitly disavows it and calls for it to be ended.
  • Prince_Raoul
    Prince_Raoul Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did the big video we were promised get dropped? 

Was it as big a bombshell as Harry and Meghan?

I can’t wait to see what happens next *yawn*
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I'm perplexed. If the game is able to run faster on one device, platform, or software (e.g. iOS vs Android, PC vs mobile device), why is that not an allowed forum discussion topic? Can someone point me to the forum rule that makes that discussion a violation? I've read the posted rules and just don't see it.

Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting — D3 Go! Forums
    I didn’t even explain how to do it. Sad state the forum is in.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did the big video we were promised get dropped? 

Was it as big a bombshell as Harry and Meghan?

I can’t wait to see what happens next *yawn*
    I have plenty of videos for people that are actually interested, looks like a new account, you’re not a concerned party are you 🤔 
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    Just wondering why it is such a big deal.

I don’t take playing a game so seriously. 
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    When I used to be able to go play basketball at my local Y it was amazing. There were players who were taller than me. There were players that were faster than me. There were players that handled the ball better than me. I can still hit my jump shot so I get asked to play. 
    I don’t then ask the other players to handicap themselves to slow middle aged man pace. I instead play my best do my part and accept the outcome. 
    That’s my definition of competition. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t think this makes any sense. Of course the game runs differently on different devices and different operating systems. Even habits like running your device with less background processes could have an effect based on the age of your device.

No reason any of that should be off limits for discussion. I guess we might as well consider optimal clears, turning off animations, Line coordination, and all other tactics as “cheating” as well. 

Animation times should be calculated an removed, so you could enjoy the game as designed without being punished. However, I don’t think people who turn them off are cheaters.

Fix the problems, don’t make policy to disguise them. That’s weak and disingenuous about being “fair”. 
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    justsing said:
    So... why should we even spend any more money on this game to improve our rosters if we can be easily beaten by a cheater using a speed hack?
    And there it is the real reason for all of this. It isn’t “competition” “fairness” or anything else.

It is I’ve spent money and I am entitled to a placement in the amount of my spending.

Can you share the special chart which shows how much you need to spend so you can “compete” for a top 2 or the cash value of a “fair” top 10.

I am sure you will be right there the next time there is an hp sale buy club. 
  • jp1
    Options
    justsing said:
    So... why should we even spend any more money on this game to improve our rosters if we can be easily beaten by a cheater using a speed hack?
    And there it is the real reason for all of this. It isn’t “competition” “fairness” or anything else.

It is I’ve spent money and I am entitled to a placement in the amount of my spending.

Can you share the special chart which shows how much you need to spend so you can “compete” for a top 2 or the cash value of a “fair” top 10.

I am sure you will be right there the next time there is an hp sale buy club. 
    You do realize they are in the business of making profit, right? If there was no benefit to spending money it would be stupid to do so. The “free” game doesn’t exist without people who support it. 

In other words, your high horse has no legs without someone else’s wallet.

• Prince_Raoul
    Options
    Who says they don’t make profit if they don’t have the entitled spenders?

Do you have a shred of data that proves that?

I have always believed these guys think they’re more important to the bottom line than they actually are. 

Which is why they act like the judge and jury. 
  • jp1
    Options
    Who says they don’t make profit if they don’t have the entitled spenders?

Do you have a shred of data that proves that?

I have always believed these guys think they’re more important to the bottom line than they actually are. 

Which is why they act like the judge and jury. 
    What data would be necessary? When you spend money on anything, you feel entitled to compensation, right?  If your electric company decides to subsidize those who won’t pay their bill with your spending, well that’s their prerogative to do so. The problem is when those people who benefit from it want to attack you for expecting services/product/compensation of some sort for your hard earned money.

If someone else is providing the meal, just sit down, eat, and be grateful. A different attitude may leave you hungry the next time around.
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    When I spend money I get something in return.

I spend $9.99 on VIP I get a daily reward and faster healing. The end. 

I support the game with my money but unlike you don’t believe it gives me a right to any placement or reward. 
  • jp1
    Options
    When I spend money I get something in return.

I spend $9.99 on VIP I get a daily reward and faster healing. The end. 

I support the game with my money but unlike you don’t believe it gives me a right to any placement or reward. 
    Point out where I said it gives me a right to placement or reward? 

It certainly gives me a right to feedback on potential cheating that would make my chances worse for placement. “Whales” and the like make up a far greater portion of revenue than someone simply paying VIP. Not that it matters in any way, your point is completely moot from either perspective. You have no right to deride people for deciding if they want to consider supporting a game with questionable policies toward cheating.

People who spend still have to grind to play the game competitively. So in addition to the same grind you may do, the extra resources should count for something, that’s just an obvious fact.
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    Then all they need to do is to stop spending in the buy clubs

if they/you are such a big piece of the pie the that will get their attention. 

Oh but wait there is a sale on. Maybe next week. 
  • jp1
    Options

*Sigh*

Okay, I get it. You aren’t open to reasonable debate. Continue on.

The idea, by the way, is not to encourage people to quit spending. This is why the forum feedback would be important for interested (vested interest) parties.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

You’re naive if you don’t think the whales and buy clubs have at least some effect on things behind the scenes. Remember when you were awarded the proper shard compensation during Shardpocalypse after D3 tried to short-change you? Thank the whales who suspended their buying.