Question on Forum Rules

Options

Comments

• Prince_Raoul
    Prince_Raoul Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wrong! It was all the 1* reviews on the different platforms. The moment that picked up speed then we got compensation. 

I know you want to believe you are king of the world but you aren’t. 

If you are prove it. Just skip the sale. Show those devs who holds the purse strings. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, anyway...

Does anyone have any rationale why they would want to sweep this exploit under the rug rather than fix it? 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm a spender. I don't have any expensive hobbies, so MPQ is it for me. Basically I'd just like to know: what is going to get me more bang for the buck: spending money on in-game purchases (e.g. HP, H4H), or out-of-game purchases (e.g. better computer, newer iPad, faster graphics card)?

I'd just like to be able to have a discussion about the optimal platform without it being considered a forum violation. To be clear, I am NOT interested in hearing about hacks or cheats, what I am interested in is hearing about the optimal setup for game speed. Is that a particular CPU? GPU? Operating system? Configuration settings? Game settings? Internet speed? Some combination? Almost every game I've ever played there was robust discussion on the best hardware, software, and settings needed to get the best game performance, and it gave an advantage over those players who did not use an optimal setup. Why can't we talk about that?
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    Is it cheating if the devs know about it and do nothing?

I feel sure that every player suspected of this has been reported. 

Has anyone been suspended? It would seem if a player you thought was doing this disappeared then they were cheating. 

Or did they investigate come to different conclusion and these players can continue?

I don’t know the answer but I figure you guys must. 
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I'm a spender. I don't have any expensive hobbies, so MPQ is it for me. Basically I'd just like to know: what is going to get me more bang for the buck: spending money on in-game purchases (e.g. HP, H4H), or out-of-game purchases (e.g. better computer, newer iPad, faster graphics card)?

I'd just like to be able to have a discussion about the optimal platform without it being considered a forum violation. To be clear, I am NOT interested in hearing about hacks or cheats, what I am interested in is hearing about the optimal setup for game speed. Is that a particular CPU? GPU? Operating system? Configuration settings? Game settings? Internet speed? Some combination? Almost every game I've ever played there was robust discussion on the best hardware, software, and settings needed to get the best game performance, and it gave an advantage over those players who did not use an optimal setup. Why can't we talk about that?
    Like most smartphone games, this runs at max at 60 fps. You'll achieve that with any low budget smartphone on the market. 

I had feedback of people running it on iOs and apparently it runs much smoother there, because it's iOs-native. 

Other than that, you don't need any specific hardware. Apparently, you can resort to specific software to speed-hack it. 
  • ssbledsoe
    ssbledsoe Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    @fight4thedream since you're such a swell guy, would you mind commenting on this for us plebs???
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it just that the game runs a bit faster on some platforms than others?  If so, that doesn't seem like a big deal,

But if it is a hack that changes the intended speed of the game to faster than original then that would appear to be cheating.

It seems some of the discussions above are missing each others points because they do not agree on which of the above situations is happening.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I play on Android. Once a while when my game launches I notice for some reason the game is running extra fast, especially noticeable with the Mindless mobs where their tiles drop super fast. I don't know why this happens on rare occasions but the few times it has it definitely made that match play like it's on fast forward. When this has happened to me the whole game plays much faster. 

I can imagine if other players can somehow exploit this bug if that's what it is, they would certainly have a big advantage in placement and points being able to blow through the grind much faster than others. 
  • ssbledsoe
    ssbledsoe Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    It is insane that we know what the deal is and what is going on. In fact, some of us have done a ton of research to figure out what is going on.  Information was sent to a lot of different place in Demi/D3.   This is an issue at the top end of the game and needs to be addressed or at least acknowledged by Demi and D3.   
    Why? Who are you? Why should they listen to you?

You say you did all the research. Sent it all to the devs.

So what? They don’t agree with you that it is cheating?

Ahh it is you and the other “top end of the game” types that are the judges. I see.

If they know about it and do nothing it isn’t cheating. 

All of this in the threads is complaining because you don’t like that decision. 
    Looks at Prince Raoul  stats - "just dropped in" w/ 11 posts

Rockett - Chairperson of the Boards w/ 19M posts

Obviously Rockett is no one and a total newb...
  • Prince_Raoul
    Options
    You guys are so funny.

Is it how much you post. Okay can we get Hound of Shadow and Daredevil217?
    They post more. By your reckoning they should be the ones who make decisions for the community

Or is it how much you spend? For that you’ll all have to show us the size of your wallet.

You act like this is your game with your rules.

It isn’t. 
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Is it just that the game runs a bit faster on some platforms than others?  If so, that doesn't seem like a big deal,

But if it is a hack that changes the intended speed of the game to faster than original then that would appear to be cheating.

It seems some of the discussions above are missing each others points because they do not agree on which of the above situations is happening.
    It’s a hack/mod that speeds up the entire game engine. Animations/tile generation/menu speeds. The whole shebang. That only thing that slows them down is the time it takes to mentally process which tiles to swipe. Thus, the outrage when PVE is literally based on who can clear what faster. When asked if video evidence was appropriate to show and met with *crickets* from devs or moderators, the video was posted showing the hack in action (not how to do it or condoning it) and the thread was nuked. That doesn’t mean that the exploit just poofed from existence though. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    The post was removed because a mod or two are using the "exploit".  lol
    I hadn’t considered that. Figured this was a good space to let the devs and mods educate us on the upcoming countermeasures.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I spend money I get something in return.

I spend $9.99 on VIP I get a daily reward and faster healing. The end. 

I support the game with my money but unlike you don’t believe it gives me a right to any placement or reward. 

Why are you so cemented in this high horse position? Nobody is saying "I spend money get special treatment". They are just asking that a speed hack where the game shouldn't perform considerably differently be fixed or removed.

You've made it some kind of burn the elites discussion. 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in here - Any players that you may suspect of cheating or using a hack, please report them to customer service (mpqsupport@d3go.com) and the team can investigate. This is the best method as we take any uses of cheats and/or hacks seriously and will mark those accounts as cheaters if found to be using them.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You guys are so funny.

Is it how much you post. Okay can we get Hound of Shadow and Daredevil217?
    They post more. By your reckoning they should be the ones who make decisions for the community

Or is it how much you spend? For that you’ll all have to show us the size of your wallet.

You act like this is your game with your rules.

It isn’t. 
    This is not about how much money people spend. I don't spend anything on this game and think that cheats like what was shown in that video not be allowed.

Also apparently just showing the video to say 'hey here is what the cheat looks like so you know how much you are getting screwed' is enough to get you banned. There was no talk about how to do it, just a 'hey this is what it looks like'

There is a reason I don't go out of my to try for the optimal clear, because no matter what someone is always faster. I usually still end up inside the top 100 on most PvE events (unless I really mess up) which is good enough for me. For those that like that competitive edge though I see how they would rail against speed hacks.