Question on Forum Rules

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    I would assume the reason these threads get removed (and likely the same for any ramifications against users in these threads) is because they're full of insults, name calling, and finger pointing, and really don't need to exist in the first place.

If there's a problem, report it. This thread doesn't help in that process, it doesn't help in gathering evidence (which would be against the rules on the forums anyways for identifying individual players), and it doesn't help in reaching a solution (because that's all on the devs).

All it is really doing is riling people up and causing fights. This thread is no different (even down to the petty "abuse the Flag button to attack someone you don't like" tactic; if it isn't something like literal spam that the userbase can suppress because it is universally bad, don't waste time on hitting Spam/Abuse, use the actual Report feature and explain why, because that one is far more useful to mods).

And given that it keeps happening, with the same people, I'd wager most know better by now and keep doing it anyways.
    Are you suggesting the obvious trolling isn’t flag worthy as spam?

I don’t use it ever, just not my style...but come on...if ever it was justified.

Otherwise, mostly it seems a lot of folks made attempts at good faith debates and were met with inflammatory responses. Of course some of us respond in kind. I don’t make a habit of being walked over in my real life and I won’t do it for an Internet forum either.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    I would assume the reason these threads get removed (and likely the same for any ramifications against users in these threads) is because they're full of insults, name calling, and finger pointing, and really don't need to exist in the first place.

If there's a problem, report it. This thread doesn't help in that process, it doesn't help in gathering evidence (which would be against the rules on the forums anyways for identifying individual players), and it doesn't help in reaching a solution (because that's all on the devs).

All it is really doing is riling people up and causing fights. This thread is no different (even down to the petty "abuse the Flag button to attack someone you don't like" tactic; if it isn't something like literal spam that the userbase can suppress because it is universally bad, don't waste time on hitting Spam/Abuse, use the actual Report feature and explain why, because that one is far more useful to mods).

And given that it keeps happening, with the same people, I'd wager most know better by now and keep doing it anyways.
    Because some of us are at our wits end.  When you play at the top end of pve and you lose to people that are cheating, what can you do?  Send a ticket into CS?  Done 100 times.  Try and find out how people are speeding up the game?  Done.  Sent that info into CS. Done. Waiting for a fix.... on going.  Nothing is changing and this is the last place some of us to get Demi and D3 SL attention to try and fix an issue in their game.   As sad as it is, this is the last hope to get it resolved.  
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    @BigSoftieFF just got banned from the forums 
    Well done Mods.  Thank you   😊
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, something you consider to be "trolling" isn't spam. Spam is like, when a bot posts a link to a phishing site.

Trolling is already against Rule 7, so report it as such. Flagging it as spam is just adding fuel to the fire. 

I get that people aren't happy and don't like how it's being handled. Shouting angrily on the forums isn't changing that. It's not "calling attention" to the issue. If you were trying to do that, you would pick literally any platform other than the almost-dead forums. Given that this seems to be an issue at high-level play, you all know that already.

The reality is that most of this thread is violations of forum Rule 7 and isn't really achieving anything. I'm not surprised people ended up getting banned. Because they were violating the forum rules. It's not "silencing the whistleblower" when someone is breaking forum rules in the process. They're being punished for their own actions that don't have anything to do with whether or not anyone is breaking rules.

The topic of this (and related) threads has been game exploits, but the reality is that content of the posts themselves has mostly been useless incivility. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    It's not being handled at all. That is the problem.

And reporting an issue isn't trolling. No matter how many of the cheaters troll the post. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Could it be possible that the accused has/have the best gaming rig available in the market and it is able to handle the highest OC settings? Compared to top competitive players, how much faster are the accused?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Could it be possible that the accused has/have the best gaming rig available in the market and it is able to handle the highest OC settings? Compared to top competitive players, how much faster are the accused?
    It's fast, very fast. It almost looks like the game is being played on fast forward.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    It's fast, very fast. It almost looks like the game is being played on fast forward.

I really wish we could all play it at that speed. I'd like to save an hour or so of real life time per day.
    KGB
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Why should I care? You said it yourself it only is an issue at the “top level”. 

How many of those are free to play? Only a few i will bet. 
    This is because you turned over all your “research” and the devs came to different conclusion. 
    Now you expect someone who plays for fun to pick up a chant so a bunch of entitled players can get back their rightful placement. 
    I play this game every day and I pay $9.99 every 28 days because of that. 
    Only you who are in the Sale Buy alliance care about this. 
    Let’s break this down. Either:

A ) The developers are aware of these speed hacks, do not consider it cheating and have ruled it “fair play” (as you say) since nothing has been done. And thus, we should be able to discuss it on the forums. If it’s a normal part of the game and not considered cheating, it should be open for discussion and no one should be banned. 

or

B ) It is in fact considered cheating. In which case, just like in any game like this, those who are cheating should be banned from the game. Which is the stance the majority of players you are opposing are taking. 

So I’ll make it really simple for you and ask, which one is it, A or B?
    Based on everything said it sounds like A. 
    Okay, so it’s either a forum/moderator issue (option a) or a game/developer issue (option b).

If it’s option A, then we should be able to talk openly about whatever methods people are using to play the game at hyper speed, as was seen in the since deleted video. I think even the “discussing how to do it” (which is normally a flagable offense at minimum) should be fair game to discuss here. If it’s not cheating, then it should be no different than discussing optimal PVE clearing (which apparently in your eyes, speed hacks would be part of that optimal clearing strategy). 

Bottom line is that IF BigSoftie got banned for posting that video, he should probably have that ban lifted, wouldn’t you say?
    chris0001 said:
    The post was removed because a mod or two are using the "exploit".  lol
    If it’s a cheat, then I can understand one who uses it wanting to shut down a thread that shines light on the fact that they’re cheating. 

If it’s not a cheat, then I can understand one who uses it wanting to shut down a thread that could teach others how to use it and possibly losing your competitive advantage. 
    I can understand it... but I don’t respect it. 

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Loosie said:
    It has variable speed options - so it can be up to 4x faster than normal if used on any PC. 

The spec of such PC means diddly squat, in the general parlance.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Oh so people are setting up a phone environment on their PC and using something to jack up the flops,  

that’s a cheat, man.  It’s beyond any reasonable expectation any player of this game should be expected to go through.

but also...I can’t see how the Devs can stop it.  Except maybe monitor unrealistic clear times and banning those players.  That’s a possible thing they could do, I think.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Loosie said:

I really wish we could all play it at that speed. I'd like to save an hour or so of real life time per day.
    KGB
    I would like that too...

If fixing the speed hack is too hard, how about giving the rest of us the option of speeding up the game by reducing all those board, tile, banner, etc. animation times?
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I am guessing from reading all this tho that’s it’s not a thing that everyone is going to have as an option.  It sounds like PC related, and that probably means to do natively do on an iPhone, I bet you would need it jailbroken.
    I have no idea, but this all just speculation based on what has been said.  
    Maybe they could add a ‘super fast’ button in game, that did whatever is going on behind the scenes.  But it shouldn’t be something we have to cobble together bizarre instructions to do on some out of game forum.

unless it’s added universally like that,  just ban the people that are exploiting it.  It shouldn’t be hard to figure out who if you have data.  One set of people clears a sub x amount of minutes faster than anyone in the next tier.  That’s not hard to figure out.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    How fast are these people clearing optimally? 5 mins (300 secs) or 10 mins (600 secs)?

I think there are 30 clears in scl 10: 3 essential, 3 hard, 1 CN, 3 easy. 

If 5 minutes, 1 node takes 300/30 = 10 secs, which is humanly impossible. That person got to have some super reflex skill to achieve that.

If 10 minutes, it's 20 seconds per node, which could be possible. 

If you want the option to speed up everything aggressively, why bother playing anymore? You might as well ask the dev to package all the node rewards and progression rewards into daily login rewards. 

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    justsing said:
    KGB said:
    Loosie said:

KGB
    I would like that too...

If fixing the speed hack is too hard, how about giving the rest of us the option of speeding up the game by reducing all those board, tile, banner, etc. animation times?
    This just seems so ridiculously backwards to me..  f you guys want some "real life time" back, put the game down and go claim some real life time back.  Nothing is forcing you to spend even a minute here.  Most of us play because its enjoyable for us.  Recreation.   If the game has gotten to the point for you that it is a chore you want to escape from, then maybe you do really need to get back to that real life of yours.  
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I'm perplexed. If the game is able to run faster on one device, platform, or software (e.g. iOS vs Android, PC vs mobile device), why is that not an allowed forum discussion topic? Can someone point me to the forum rule that makes that discussion a violation? I've read the posted rules and just don't see it.

Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting — D3 Go! Forums

***Mod note: Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than a simple apples to apples comparison of hardware performance; the issue apparently is that a player on PC has to take certain steps to gain speed enhancement which is an unintended effect and therefore considered an exploit. The rule that deals with issues of cheating and exploits is rule 8.

As always, if you suspect someone of cheating or have discovered a potential exploit we ask that you contact Customer Service (mpqsupport@d3go.com) and provide as many details as possible. Accusations of cheating and the discussion of exploits on the forum are strictly prohibited. Such posts and threads will be removed and the user issued a warning and/or ban depending on their user history.

I want to be clear here: there is a proper way to report exploits and suspicions of cheating, namely contacting Customer Service. While I understand that Customer Service's investigations may not be as fast as some would like, posting the issue on the forum will not expedite the process, is a violation of the forum rules and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I think the problem is that the player or players have been reported many times and the developers have not done anything to said player or players. That would imply the developers are okay with it, would it not?

If that is the case then it should be able to posted to the forum for discussion.