The Simulator (PvE) - (May 30 - June4)

Comments

• djpt05 wrote:
    So who are the buffed characters? Didn't see that on the front page (and don't have access to my phone)

From what I can tell by other people posting:

Regular buff (mags, pun, obw, cstorm)

Mega buff for each sub (Sentry, ? , ? , ?)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My entry nodes are 92/96, think i might have royally messed up my scaling from last event...
  • It looks like nodes with high base value points get less from rubberbanding compared to nodes with less base value points. This is probably to stop people from hitting the 3 essential nodes and easily keep up.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    My entry nodes are 92/96, think i might have royally messed up my scaling from last event...
    Ouch. And here I thought _my_ 52 / 53 were bad.

Good thing you can sit this out, too!
  • Phantron wrote:
    It looks like nodes with high base value points get less from rubberbanding compared to nodes with less base value points. This is probably to stop people from hitting the 3 essential nodes and easily keep up.

Ice also said they wanted a way to get people to go the lower path - which I totally ignored last simulator - more rubber banding on those nodes is one way to go.
  • My entry nodes are 92/96, think i might have royally messed up my scaling from last event...

You mean the unlocks? They're 76/78 for me.
  • I need one blue and one black to finish off my BP, so the prizes are welcome. And I've got nice soft (39 & 43) entry nodes, so my scaling seems to still be ok. This should be a nice, relatively relaxed PVE. Looking forward to it.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:
    So who are the buffed characters? Didn't see that on the front page (and don't have access to my phone)

From what I can tell by other people posting:

Regular buff (mags, pun, obw, cstorm)

Mega buff for each sub (Sentry, ? , ? , ?)

Powered Up:
    Sentry
    Punisher
    Magneto (Classic)
    Black Widow (Original)
    Storm (Classic)
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I feel trolled by the all-Widow team, well played, Demiurge, well played.
    Can we expect an all-Wolverine node next sub?
  • The scaling in this pve sucks. 170 and 200 entrynodes. I could not compete in the last event eather. This game gets less ans less fun very quickly. I didn't even use spidey and magneto and my scaling is totally messed up.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    My highest levels in Prodigal Sun were ~310

My entry nodes here are:
    normal - 65/65/65
    Hard - 87/88/87
  • So with this rubberbanding can we clear all once per reset and still make a charge for the top?? of course just need top 50 in main to get all covers which is a nice change of pace.
  • Some random thing of interest:

Normal Sim 1 - 143
    Normal Sim 5 - 143
    Hard Sim 1 - 184 (at 80% of its original value)
    Hard Sim 5 - 181 (at 80% of its original value)

There definitely seems to be something weird going on.
  • Is rubberbanding back? Chumps like me want to stand a chance at top ten again.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    locked wrote:
    I feel trolled by the all-Widow team, well played, Demiurge, well played.
    Can we expect an all-Wolverine node next sub?
    I can see them doing it, but it might not be nearly as effective since all the Wolvies share the same colours, while at least you get up to 5 for the 3 Widows.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    morgh wrote:
    My highest levels in Prodigal Sun were ~310

My entry nodes here are:
    normal - 65/65/65
    Hard - 87/88/87

Thats bizarre. My highest prodigal sun levels were sitting at 120.
  • mischiefmaker
    mischiefmaker Posts: 932
    edited May 2014
    Gah. 121/128 for my unlocks, even though my highest levels from Prodigal Sun were in the mid-160s. I think this might be the first time I've ever had higher scaling than Phantron. icon_razz.gif

Could initial scaling be tied to MMR? I was grinding away at Fresh Cut this morning to get to 900, is the only reason I ask. What are other people's Fresh Cut scores looking like?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Gah. 121/128 for my unlocks, even though my highest levels from Thunderbolt Mountain were in the mid-160s. I think this might be the first time I've ever had higher scaling than Phantron. icon_razz.gif
    Higher than Phantron?

47269-Witchcraft-gif-RVok.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gah. 121/128 for my unlocks, even though my highest levels from Prodigal Sun were in the mid-160s. I think this might be the first time I've ever had higher scaling than Phantron. icon_razz.gif

Could initial scaling be tied to MMR? I was grinding away at Fresh Cut this morning to get to 900, is the only reason I ask. What are other people's Fresh Cut scores looking like?
    1050 in Fresh Cut, and 52/53 for the unlocks.
  • My highest Prod son nodes were in the 140s.

Entry levels here 101/106

Non-buffed, my max characters are 111 lcap and a 102 punny. This should be a fun exercise in futility.