The Simulator (PvE) - (May 30 - June4)

Options

Comments

• Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    With the way Sentry curls up for the pose in his Sacrifice animation, his PvP tourney should be titled Fetal Attraction.
    Looks like it's going to be called "Starfall", and if you believe the splash screen it will start today and end tomorrow....

Sim does not appear to have started yet. My theory: the devs are currently engaged in a heated argument about whether it belongs in the "Story" or the "Versus" tab.

I'm wagering it went live 3 hours ago to anyone that updated to R54.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:
    With the way Sentry curls up for the pose in his Sacrifice animation, his PvP tourney should be titled Fetal Attraction.
    Looks like it's going to be called "Starfall", and if you believe the splash screen it will start today and end tomorrow....

Sim does not appear to have started yet. My theory: the devs are currently engaged in a heated argument about whether it belongs in the "Story" or the "Versus" tab.

Nope.
    But there's some new pretty things.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey beee....see you in my bracket. Seems kinda light again so far at least..

Edit: sorry, thought I was posting in Fresh Cut, lol...oops
  • daveomite
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Moral wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:

Nope.
    But there's some new pretty things.

yeah...that's about it, along with another new animation at the end of a match.

no simulator listed, etc. I got the update automatically a couple of hours ago here.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:

I didn't get any notification on iOS, but I searched for it and updated it. Pretty **** that Ice can't post saying hey new update should be live and will show new pve. Or is that asking too much?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Hmm, I forgot that Psy was the actual performer for Gangnam Style.
    I thought that referred to Sentry's unique pose. I guess we can go with HailMary's Calvin Klein Model.
    Yay! ...though too long. Nicknames should never be a phrase. Maybe Dolce (&G), instead. icon_lol.gif
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

no simulator listed, etc. I got the update automatically a couple of hours ago here.

I updated but still no event.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Jdberia wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

I updated but still no event.

yup...still no event apparently for anybody. Maybe there's some issue delaying it
  • Unknown
    Options
    My suspicion is that the date is just wrong. They've been doing that a lot lately.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol I am only aiming for top 10 for fresh cut I dont need mag covers, Think sim will start tomo
  • daveomite
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    lol I am only aiming for top 10 for fresh cut I dont need mag covers, Think sim will start tomo

I think you may be right, which, I'm completely fine with. Nice just having one main thing to focus on right now.
  • Marvelous
    Marvelous Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Relax everyone!!.. I'm fine with the event not starting today or even tomorrow for the fact I just spent 9 straight day's glued to my cell phone just to grab a cover for this new character (Sentry). I could use the break, sheesh..lol
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It **seems** that now you get the progress reward even if you got attacked in the process of getting there... had 2 such progression rewards today and it certainly looked like I got them first and then points were deducted...
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes, that happened to me several times.
  • mischiefmaker
    mischiefmaker Posts: 932
    Options
    If this is true, it's the best stealth update ever.
    not that it has a whole lot of competition, granted...
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just in regards to the The simulator Ice just posted in a different thread:
    Sim Challenge (and Starfall) - Think we're looking at tomorrow on both of those at this point.
    Just a heads up for everyone! icon_cool.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great. Going to sleep then. 20 past midnight here and need to do some work in the morning
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jdberia wrote:
    I didn't get any notification on iOS, but I searched for it and updated it. Pretty **** that Ice can't post saying hey new update should be live and will show new pve. Or is that asking too much?
    I know it's not EXACTLY what you're asking for, but I believe Ice (or an on top of things mod) usually changes the "RXX Discussion Thread" title that shows up in the General Discussion section to add "(Live MM/DD)". If you go over there now you'll see it says "(Live 5/29)". It requires you to be observant, but since I don't always get the in-game notification for updates right away, this is generally how I see there is a new patch ready. I agree something saying the events were delayed would be quite nice, and not an unreasonable thing to ask for/expect.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would just assume its a typo. They never seem to start events on Thursdays. Its always Friday at 11AM for me CST when the weekend pvp event goes live. That is when I expect both of them to fire.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Didn't start... thought it's launched same time the Sentry PVP.