The Simulator (PvE) - (May 30 - June4)

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    No, PvP MMR doesn't influence PvE in any way.
    mischiefmaker, have you ever had uncomfortable scaling before? Recently? It's probably piling up, then stuck at a peak if you keep grinding a la Phantron then the game takes pity on you and it resets. If you don't grind this event, it might lower by the next one. My previous Sim nodes opened at 180 (normal) and 220 (hard) as far as I remember. I still played, but tried to minimize the amount of matches and haven't even touched the last refresh nor essential nodes in the last Sub. Next event, adequate scaling.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Original Post updated with buffed characters and rewards; let me know if you see any errors...
  • Unknown
    Options
    My highest nodes in Prodigal Sun were getting up into the 150+ range.

Unlock nodes for Simulator:
    Easy: 43/43/43
    Hard: 48/49/49

My Black Panther is at 2/2/1, so all of these rewards are nice for me.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if scaling includes whether people are using boosts or not. There's not to be more factors than Spidey/Mag that we're not accounting for.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Im just wondering why its top 75 get a black panther and 76 on get 2* storm. Didnt it used to be top 100 got a 3* since thats 10% in other events?
  • Unknown
    Options
    im glad i dont need BP covers. ill be taking this one nice and easy...1clear per refresh for the sake of my alliance, but NO grinding.

nice relaxing weekend ahead

marc
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    39 and 43 for my unlocks.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My entry nodes are 92/96, think i might have royally messed up my scaling from last event...

I think they want you to write a guide on how to cope with high level opponents. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Gah. 121/128 for my unlocks, even though my highest levels from Thunderbolt Mountain were in the mid-160s. I think this might be the first time I've ever had higher scaling than Phantron. icon_razz.gif
    Higher than Phantron?

47269-Witchcraft-gif-RVok.gif
    Does anyone know the movie this scene belongs to?

Oh, I almost forgot. In Prodigal Son my highest levels were 216, but I didn't play much in the last sub to avoid sending them even higher. Entry levels for Sim are 47/53
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Does anyone know the movie this scene belongs to?

Oh, I almost forgot. In Prodigal Son my highest levels were 216, but I didn't play much in the last sub to avoid sending them even higher. Entry levels for Sim are 47/53
    I want to say Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I could very well be 160% wrong.

Also, since this is an event discussion: MMR, levels, refresh, rubberbanding, Iso, numbers.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Is there a giant pot of ISO again at the end of the node1-4 road?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    Is there a giant pot of ISO again at the end of the node1-4 road?

1000 in easy, 2000 in hard.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any word yet on the rubberbanding or lack thereof? I kinda liked Prodigal Sun cause there was a bit more flexibility in when we could clear as long as the quantity was still there. Old rubberbanding system was so much more convoluded since the point values for all nodes would change after each mission completion. Made it hard to figure out the optimal sequence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Duffman85 wrote:
    Any word yet on the rubberbanding or lack thereof? I kinda liked Prodigal Sun cause there was a bit more flexibility in when we could clear as long as the quantity was still there. Old rubberbanding system was so much more convoluded since the point values for all nodes would change after each mission completion. Made it hard to figure out the optimal sequence.

Look at the base node values I gave at the start of the event and the current node values will tell you all you need to know.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When I first joined the simulator I was faced in even normal mode with crazy high levels, like 160s right from the get-go. I pretty much gave up on the event. After seeing this thread I went back in to get the numbers and add to the collection, but they've been cut by like 66%. They're all very reasonable looking now..?
  • Unknown
    Options
    When do the subs end? I don't have time to join and play them now so I just need to know what I am dealing with.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pmorcs wrote:
    When I first joined the simulator I was faced in even normal mode with crazy high levels, like 160s right from the get-go. I pretty much gave up on the event. After seeing this thread I went back in to get the numbers and add to the collection, but they've been cut by like 66%. They're all very reasonable looking now..?

My levels are the same as before.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't care if I die to it a million times, I absolutely love that they did a 3xWidow node.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Sim 1 - 50
    Sim 2 - 70
    Sim 3 - 100
    Sim 4 - 120
    Sim 5 - 50
    Sim 6 - 70
    Sim 7 - 100
    Sim 8 - 170
    Sim 9 - 170
    Sim 10 - 150
    Rubberbanding seems EXTREMELY strong - I haven't started yet and now (after only ~6 hours) the point values are as follows (normal bracket):
    Sim 1 - 247
    Sim 5 - 247
    Sim 8 - 741
    Sim 9 - 741
    Sim 10 - 741
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, from experience, does anyone think 150k is achievable in the time we have?