Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

I did 25 minutes per clear with Kitty (lvl462, paired with Grocket and Polaris in Pick-3, Grocket otherwise) boosted in the recent Meet Grocket PvE so around 40 to 50 minutes total with an extra clear for good measure. It is a little slower with the Cap Marvel PvE, but if you're only doing to green check marks then 75 minutes would be the absolute maximum time if gifted with terrible rng, even without Kitty boosted. I have no idea what Wasp can manage.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

Awesome then. Will confirm//came back with time result from next PVE when I will try SCL 10.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Keep in mind that even getting to ~50% progression at SCL10 already gives you some great rewards including more 5* shards than full progression at SCL9 and takes very little effort.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    You have Kitty and Bill champed.
    Go play CL10, there's nothing you can't beat.
    And you need the resources.

Blimey I never had 11 5* champs when I first started playing CL10 those years ago!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Mr_F said:
    I dont have time for optimal shenningan clear (3+4; 3+2 etc.). I do "clear all and forget". I usually play slice 5, which starts 8 AM in my place. And I joint and start after I finish working, so not earlier than 4PM. Bracket is nice and emptier. In SCL 8 its top 50 with that. I assume it will be top 100 at best in SCL 9 and 10.

If my clear time in next PVE would be around 60-75 minutes then its ok. Full SCL 10. If not, I'll stick to SCL 9 with occasional 10.

Bear in mind that clearing the CN's are not required for full progression but if you can do them they speed up progression considerably (you can skip an entire day practically and still get full progression). Same way if you have a 5E you are struggling with you can more than make up points on the CN.

• Mr_F
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    You have Kitty and Bill champed.
    Go play CL10, there's nothing you can't beat.
    And you need the resources.

Blimey I never had 11 5* champs when I first started playing CL10 those years ago!

Never had time for SLC 10 (2h with my Brolalis back then). That is why I ended with 11 champions and moving to SCL10. And my requitting. Especially when ya consider Wasp. You know, It just happened when I just skyrocketed from just Wasp to 8 Champ in the 2022 and now I have 3 more. Now when I can champ new ones because my 2&3* farm and 4* rewards can keep up with LL i CP, and I have power to do SCL 10 fast (will see) then why not. Will see.

• Mr_F
    Options

1st Day of full SCL 10.

Easy nodes: Grocket/Polaris/Juggs. No big Deal.
    Hard nodes: Polaris/BRB/mThor for tile movers (More safe and less potential to use health pack). Last node was Wasphinite due to lack of tile movers.
    2-Pick: Kitty/Grocket. 5* nodes required some healthpacks for Kitty.*
    CN: Wasphnite. Kingpin hit hard. After each fight had to use healpthpack on Wasp but it wasn't that hard to win, despite some feedback in Rebalance thread that this combo is not Wasphinite but Lostfinite.

*PVP and 2-pick upgrade: I used Emma/Wasp for initial fights. I noticed that people are using mThor/Chasm and tried it. It do wonders and is fast even if my mThor is just 4/3/3 and lv 405 (max for now - I 've put ISO into her to pack the Health just in case for PVE). I will test it that combo as a pick for 3e/4e/5e in PVE to lessen healthpack usage. It propably will be slower but it is not much of the problem.

Overall: Wow. It's easier than SCL9 and a much faster. I am surprised.

• Mr_F
    Options

2nd day of full SCL 10 PVE.

It's all the same but I decided to go Kitty/Rocket for essential. It's a lot faster than Chasm/mThor and saving healthpacks is not worth the increased time.

Generally full SCL 10 as of now. It's fast and although I am propably losing some ISO compared to 9, the rewards recompensate it.

• Mr_F
    Options

I'm back. I mean, I finally had some time to play the game again. Life is life and I had an important exam to take so I needed every bit of time to study (and fail in the end - luckily infinite tries there are!).

I had to stop around after Wong release - he is my last LL champ I have managed to get (so I have Hit Monkey, Riri etc.). I just today have managed to finish Gwenom and I have all in-betweeners those two in various stage of progress.

But even so, I managed to get some few classic champed thanks to some lucky pulls from vaults, namely Kamala and mThor. My Shang Chi is at 12 covers and I sharget Coleen to get his last cover. Next is Cap Marvel, sitting at 11 covers and she is my current sharget. When I will have next LL pulling session, chances are that I can at least narrow her to one cover or fully cover her.

Full roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/PanF/

Next on choo choo train is Omega - I propably will not manage to fully cover Venomsaurus but definetly will try.

My next big goal is to get out of ISO dept. I need ~19M. My estimation are... two years. Well... Nobody said it would be fast.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can't believe you missed Wa5p's Class Of.... event.

I used her in a bunch of matches - with a boosted Okoye admittedly, but given that, she was a useful as any of the multi-hit characters.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I had a match against Waspy where she just constantly healed and was an absolute pain.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I still don't know what she does, apart from locking tiles.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Well, she is a bit of a Swiss Army Knife.
    Steal AP
    Destroy enemy SAPs
    Minor AoE damage
    Destroy tiles.

And that's just on her blue powers.

Yellow does ally invisibility and team burst healing, plus yellow AP generation.

Black does single target health steal,
    AoE, and generates black AP.

She's way better than she was.

• DAZ0273
    Options

She is very busy, a bit like 3* Doc Ock's green that used to do 209 different things all at once seemingly randomly.

• Mr_F
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

One Bug Army she has become. She do the same thing the old one did but a lot more better. I mean all of her abilities have still same purpose. They really did a great job woth her rework.

In Short: Board control with a bit of battery and tankiness. In some teams - outside or her Wasphinite combo - she is a monster. But like many 5*, often easily taken In defense by the meta. And harder to play than most of the 5* there is and will be due to the fact she has now 6 abilities and can be expensive.

Definetly not the meta but, contrary to some opinions, not the bottom tier.

Hit me if ya want a longer explanation how she works now, both Wasphinite and not.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mine is 476, I don't think I want to join the swarm, though.

• Mr_F
    edited October 2023
    Options

Full roster, just updated: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/PanF/

For convenience, I decided to update the 3* on the site to 266 if I have them champed or 40 if not.

So.... I have a long 3 weeks long holiday in Japan. That Is the reason I did not played a week or two and came back later and have a blast with Anniversary.

Since last update I have managed to champ Cap Marvel, Shang Chi, Ghostpool, Yellowjacket and Omega Red. With that I hit milestone and got extra shards for Venomsaurus and have champed him too. Vulture is 3/1/0 and Miles 1/0/1 so I am back to regular train. Saving LT and CP etc. Unless I will buy some chained offer,the process will be slowed. I am in the end moving from more to less covered charas.

But most important, I decided to lv up the 5*. So I was spending ISO here and there, leveling all of them from 255 to 270 and then 285 and then 300... Ya get the idea. I still need like 1,25 M to finish the process BUT BEFORE the anniversary it was like 5M+. Some of the offers are really cheap and the daily quandaries... I expect to finish lv 5* by the and of anniversary. After that, I will repeat the lv up way with 4* (i.e. bring all of them do 106->168->188->209->229->250->championing).

Anyway, next to champ is Kang as he is sitting at 9 covers. After him, Crystal at 8 covers (Apoc is too at 8 covers but I am a straight male do I prefer **** over the others stuff. Kappa).

And Wasp is still fun to play even if out of neccessity I have to use "better" 5* in some nodes.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Mine is 495, and even boosted she hits like a wet sock. Utterly pointless and would never use aside from Thanos fodder.

• Mr_F
    Options

@Rod5 said:

@Bowgentle said:

Mine is 495, and even boosted she hits like a wet sock. Utterly pointless and would never use aside from Thanos fodder.

Strange... Mine 459 hits like a truck... when boosted. Which is how she should hit - according to skill dmg values - when unboosted...

• Mr_F
    Options

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/PanF/

Got Kang champed today. Working on Crystal now.

But most important: All 5* leveled! I can work on 4* now! Almost all of them are now at level 106. It feels so relieving that I focus now purelly on 4* and just level 5* on spot.