Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Options

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't remember exactly but I think she happened during a time when they were being very careful about power levels. Maybe she was relatively soon after the Gambit nerf?

Gambit's nerf thread is dated 6-26-18 and wasp's intro thread says July 2018 so yeah, spot on!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't remember exactly but I think she happened during a time when they were being very careful about power levels. Maybe she was relatively soon after the Gambit nerf?

Gambit's nerf thread is dated 6-26-18 and wasp's intro thread says July 2018 so yeah, spot on!

Ok that's creepy. I should not remember that.

The way I remember it: I think Okoye showed up just a bit before Gambit did, then Gambit got killed, then after that was just an absolutely horrifically bad run of 5*, up until Apocalypse and Hulk basically. We'll never know, but I think Gambit freaked them out and they overreacted.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 573 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Pantera236 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Ok that's creepy. I should not remember that.

The way I remember it: I think Okoye showed up just a bit before Gambit did, then Gambit got killed, then after that was just an absolutely horrifically bad run of 5*, up until Apocalypse and Hulk basically. We'll never know, but I think Gambit freaked them out and they overreacted.

I think you're over-exaggerating a little. we did have a couple of good releases before ihulk. I'd say Kitty was the start of the great drought. 9 months of arguably some very dull characters (iceman maybe? Captain marvel before she got steath nerfed?)

Okoye
    Wasp
    Loki
    Kitty Pryde
    Cable
    Kingpin
    Doctor Doom
    Captain Marvel
    Hela
    Rescue
    Storm
    Iceman
    Professor X
    Carnage
    Beta Ray Bill
    Mister Sinister
    Havok
    The Hulk

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nah, I just remembered it a little wrong. I didn't look it up or anything!

I was remembering the run from Wasp through Storm (Kitty seems to stick out there but I don't remember her seeing much use at the time among 5* players, at least until BRB showed up). I totally forgot about the Iceman/PX/Carnage/BRB run.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nice!
    That's a cool gesture.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I remember that tiles destruction which leads to potential cascades seems to be highly valued. On top of that, her tiles destruction gained around 200% damage increment, which at that time was rare. So, she was destroying 12-15 tiles with ~200% damage increment, which at that time, is pretty decent. Now, with characters like Colossus or SC, her damage increment can't match the new releases, which is normal.

Yes, demi wildly overvalued boardshake for a very long time. (They weren't wrong that it's good. They just didn't recognize the value gap between frequent, low-cost board shake and high-cost, active boardshake. It's the difference between fosthor's blue passive and thing's active green. One is near-meta and the other is a meh afterthought.)

But Wasp was always terrible even by the standards of demi's weak early 5*s.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 659 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Mr_F really kind gesture from the BCS gang, put a smile on my face today

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Mr_F said:
    It has happened yesterday but as a part of agreegment I could not speak about it till today.

There is a movie called "Evan Allmighty". For me, as a catholic, it's a wonderfull movie which taught me how really God is working and what wonder or miracles really are. And also how we can make things better.

Yesterday was a day when I have learn that somebody has made me a miracle by just doing ARK (Act of Random Kindness). Someone, and I know who but am not allowed to write or say the name, has reached the BCS Team because of me and this thread. And after that someone from BCS side, and also I am not allowed to write or say who, has reached me and asked me for my in game name.

You propably know where it leads. Some of You has suggested that they should give me straight 550 Wasp or replaced my 2* with such. And I cried because You Guys out of nowhere has just suggested that. Because reasons. I cried because I have already knew what BCS had actually gave me because of this Thread and You guys. I do not have better screenshoot and I was just clicking and not thinking clearly what is going on. On the screenshoot you see unclaimed as of yesterday Wasp Blue Cover. What ya can not see is extra 50k ISO who is already claimed.

Yes, It is just one cover. But isn't small things make bigger ones?

The Act of Random Kindness works Guys. Thank You All from a bottom of my Heart. God's Bless You all.

Sincerly, Mister F.

Super cool! :)

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love it. Congrats man.
    Side note I just got my 13 Wasp cover so I’ll push her to the top of the list for ISO and fool around with her a bit next week.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

XD. I have earned forum 3rd Anniversary Badge in the day of Wasp's Rebalance. What else will hit me today?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I thought you would finally say they gave you a 550 wasp.
    Well, 1 cover, nice. Enjoy it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Mr_F said:
    XD. I have earned forum 3rd Anniversary Badge in the day of Wasp's Rebalance. What else will hit me today?

Everyone in pvp who sees you running Wasp 🤣

• Mr_F
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Mr_F said:

Everyone in pvp who sees you running Wasp 🤣

I am too clever to fail that way. I have shielded myself for 24 h. They can't hit me if not see me.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Really cool that they gifted the cover. I remember back in the early days, there was a very active user here with the username Ben Grimm, and when Thing was released he was gifted a free cover for being a fan.

Congrats on the cover and keep swarmin'!

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looking forward to the free 5* Nappa cover on the MPQ-DBZ crossover event! :mrgreen:

• Mr_F
    Options

@DeNappa said:
    Looking forward to the free 5* Nappa cover on the MPQ-DBZ crossover event! :mrgreen:

My nick comes from Reed. They did not gave me his cover(s). Just having the name right is not enough I think.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I really, Really, REALLY wish the devs kept her old black passive. I could do so serious work only have to gather AP to Call, Shrink, or Grow the swarm on turn 2.

Missed opportunity I think. Oh well.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Mr_F said:
    My nick comes from Reed. They did not gave me his cover(s). Just having the name right is not enough I think.

They didn't give me a cover for all the villains in the game.
    But never losing hope.