MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwen Prix! Nice and appropriate as she was an Anniversary release!
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:
    I played a few simulator matches, but PVP just sucks so much.  I didn't open the freebie even because the vault is such garbage.  Was hoping to get a few and then open after it closes to get an even shot at the large HP pulls (even though we know it will be nothing but 2* pulls)  Back when the anniversaries were good getting the tokens wasn't such a pain
    If you are doing so bad at pvp, dont hope that if this game dies you will be doing better on the sequel.
    Rewards of 10 tokens are at 1600 points: any player willing to get it can do it without any problem on the 3 pvp events plus simulator, no matter his roster level.
    i didn't say I was doing bad, I said pvp sucks.  I'd rather do something more fun like sit around hitting myself in the crotch with a hammer.  Shame for the anniversary that some of us get punished because the pvp is such garbage
    It’s seriously not that hard to rack up a couple wins in PVP. Don’t complain about a lack of rewards if you’re willingly ignoring half the game...seems fairly obvious. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:
    I played a few simulator matches, but PVP just sucks so much.  I didn't open the freebie even because the vault is such garbage.  Was hoping to get a few and then open after it closes to get an even shot at the large HP pulls (even though we know it will be nothing but 2* pulls)  Back when the anniversaries were good getting the tokens wasn't such a pain
    If you are doing so bad at pvp, dont hope that if this game dies you will be doing better on the sequel.
    Rewards of 10 tokens are at 1600 points: any player willing to get it can do it without any problem on the 3 pvp events plus simulator, no matter his roster level.
    i didn't say I was doing bad, I said pvp sucks.  I'd rather do something more fun like sit around hitting myself in the crotch with a hammer.  Shame for the anniversary that some of us get punished because the pvp is such garbage
    You aren’t being actively punished more than any other time of year if you choose to ignore PvP and the rewards that come with it. Now, as for the clawback of anniversary tokens in general... that’s hitting everyone. Not just you.

Or to put it another way. If both our wages were docked 5 dollars an hour but I put in more hours, of course I’m going to make more money, but we both got screwed over.

Happy Anniversary!
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:
    It’s seriously not that hard to rack up a couple wins in PVP. Don’t complain about a lack of rewards if you’re willingly ignoring half the game...seems fairly obvious. 
    Not all of us have hours to spend on all that skipping and waiting for the constant 300 match enemy cascades of pvp.  I mean i know anyone that doesn't spend 20 hours a day playing this game isn't worthy and we are supposed to mindlessly play modes that aren't fun, but some of us want to have a life outside the game too
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Ugh said:
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:
    Not all of us have hours to spend on all that skipping and waiting for the constant 300 match enemy cascades of pvp.  I mean i know anyone that doesn't spend 20 hours a day playing this game isn't worthy and we are supposed to mindlessly play modes that aren't fun, but some of us want to have a life outside the game too
    Ok buddy, there’s some clouds outside you can go shake your fist at later as well. Complaining just for complaining’s sake is a fun hobby to have. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh said:
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:
    Ok buddy, there’s some clouds outside you can go shake your fist at later as well. Complaining just for complaining’s sake is a fun hobby to have. 

I don't think you're being fair. He/she is just saying they don't find the current meta enjoyable. Neither do I. It's a legitimate criticism.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I have zero issue with not getting PVP rewards.  Still doesn't explain why you can't get anniversary tokens anywhere else.  That is just terrible planning design and yes alienating to any of us that want nothing to do with PVP.  Sadly after all these years I've given up on then doing things competently
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    Ugh said:
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:

I don't think you're being fair. He/she is just saying they don't find the current meta enjoyable. Neither do I. It's a legitimate criticism.
    Everyone loves the current meta , until it changes and they no longer have the new meta and their old meta is cannon fodder . It’s like children saying “ If you’re not going to play the game by my rules I’m going home “
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    Ugh said:
    Ugh said:
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:

Everyone loves the current meta , until it changes and they no longer have the new meta and their old meta is cannon fodder . It’s like children saying “ If you’re not going to play the game by my rules I’m going home “
    Except that after over a year of complaining, the meta shifted because they listened to the people that were complaining. I don't agree with the nerfs or the people that asked for them, but they had every right to complain about the meta that they didn't like.

So, if enough people would complain about pvp as a whole, maybe they will eventually nerf pvp?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh said:
    Then its easy: quit the game and live your life outside, if you are not a mindless player but at the same time you dont want to evolve nor putting some effort.
    Or you can spit all your negativity here. With some luck more players like you will follow and will turn this forum into a private club of haters, again.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Countering negativity with negativity seems like a solid play, right? I mean, it works in maths after all.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Since they are being so stingy with the SpiderHam covers, I think they should open the possibility for ALL Limited characters to be favorited/shargetted during the two weeks of each Anniversary. 

Spiderham / Taskmaster covers are typically awarded around Xmas time and anniversary is all about Devil Dino. I suspect that's why there are far fewer of those covers available.
    Hope you end up being right about that, but with TM covers having been included in this one, it might just be that they stupidly forgot about spiderham.
  • Bad
    Borstock said:
    When the meta used Gambit, I played A LOT more. When it was Thorkoye, I played A LOT more. And so on and so on. Heck, I played a lot more when one of the metas was 4* Carnage-Medusa-Reed with animations on. The current metas are not enjoyable to me and I now play just enough to hit progress. I play less and I enjoy the game less. And it's fair to feel that way.
    Of course its fair. Now you exposed your arguments and they are respectable in all ways.
    Those are really opposite as saying, i.e: the current state of the game is pure garbage, pvp sucks, Id rather do something more fun like hitting my crotch with a hammer, at this rate my only hope is that this game just dies.
    Curiously those kind of "opinions" get likes instead of flags. Really curious.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Borstock said:
    When the meta used Gambit, I played A LOT more. When it was Thorkoye, I played A LOT more. And so on and so on. Heck, I played a lot more when one of the metas was 4* Carnage-Medusa-Reed with animations on. The current metas are not enjoyable to me and I now play just enough to hit progress. I play less and I enjoy the game less. And it's fair to feel that way.
    Of course its fair. Now you exposed your arguments and they are respectable in all ways.
    Those are really opposite as saying, i.e: the current state of the game is pure garbage, pvp sucks, Id rather do something more fun like hitting my crotch with a hammer, at this rate my only hope is that this game just dies.
    Curiously those kind of "opinions" get likes instead of flags. Really curious.

Wishing the game dies, if he/she said that, was too far. The rest was just colorful metaphors as a means of voicing displeasure with the current metas. I'm sure the moderators will look at it and that's what they are here for. Perhaps you could explain what about the current metas appeals to you in a way that might convince others to take a second look.
  • Bad
    Borstock said:

Wishing the game dies, if he/she said that, was too far. The rest was just colorful metaphors as a means of voicing displeasure with the current metas. I'm sure the moderators will look at it and that's what they are here for. Perhaps you could explain what about the current metas appeals to you in a way that might convince others to take a second look.
    If he/she said that? You just need to go back one page.
    And sorry, but Im not needing to explain what about the current meta appeals in a way that convince others. Everyone has his own opinions and I dont have the minimal interest in try to change them. Do you like the game? Fine, just play. Do you not like the game? Fine, just dont play.
    And everyone happy.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Has anyone noticed we are getting a lot less anniversary tokens than previous years?
    Iirc, previous anniversary pve events did not have a pve vault, instead everything was awarded to the anniversary vault, which gave us a descent chance of cleaning out that vault without too much hero point expenditure.
    Three days into the anniversary, I feel way behind on this vault than previous anniversaries.
    Don’t forget that wave nodes also stopped giving event tokens too.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I also find it very frustrating that we get less anniversary tokens than in the recent years. I was always able to clear the complete vault with one 40-pack. This year I also bought the 40-pack but am only at 71 out of 100 pulls. I probably will only get a handful more from daily deals and placement rewards. I will be missing a lot of 4-star covers and the big HP- rewards (2900) which makes me think my 40- pack was a waste. 
  • Bad
    For me the meta is something to acknowledge, study and conquer. Cps are cruzial for me on pve and pvp. Anybody can get the first cps on pvp, sometimes I have the time for final cps too. Saving them its posible to advance further, evolve, and this way having fun with 5* characters.

I had fun on this anniversary, like I have fun the rest of the year pursuing those interesting 5* characters sometimes until the last hours they take their exit. And renoving my roster Its how I enjoy the game the most.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    So Fan Favorites was awesome and the vault was really good. I was here last year so definitely noticed the difference on token rewards this year. I have now been playing a bit over 2 years and will hoard towards the next event now. Looking forward to the next changes and hopefully next year anniversary will be better for us all.