MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Is there going to be a hero point anniversary sale or just the ISO one currently running?

The ISO sale is really nice with huge bonus you get. Would allow me to champ a bunch of my 4s I've been putting off and net me quite a few LL tokens and CPs. 

Wasn't sure if there was going to be an equally good HP sale. Would allow me top open up some roster spots to farm some rewards and maybe some special offers or shards for some 5*s I'm trying to complete.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I’m still waiting for double ISO in DDQ...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some players commented Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) is actually Cosmic Ghost Rider. I went to read up on Cosmic Ghost Rider but I didn't see anything linked to Deadpool. What connects both of them are Mephisto and the Spirit of Vengeance. Anyone knows how Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) fits into Cosmic Ghost Rider?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I'm still waiting for something that makes increased amounts of ISO even vaguely useful to me.  :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some players commented Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) is actually Cosmic Ghost Rider. I went to read up on Cosmic Ghost Rider but I didn't see anything linked to Deadpool. What connects both of them are Mephisto and the Spirit of Vengeance. Anyone knows how Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) fits into Cosmic Ghost Rider?
    Cosmic Ghost Rider is Frank Castle, so no, they're wrong.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/celebrate-seven-years-of-marvel-puzzle-quest

Further, the Marvel.com article about anniversary features an interview, where this Deadpool is described as being like Samurai Daken and Peggy Captain America, being brand new characters to Marvel. Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) is 100% brand new, and not based on a previously existing comic version of either Deadpool or Ghost Rider.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for clearing it up, and thanks for that link too.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    helix72 said:
    They can’t turn on the double ISO once an event has started. The current DDQ (Sweet) started before the anniversary. The next DDQ (Savory) that starts today should have double ISO.

Interesting! I did not know that. Even after all this time I’m still learning how this game works. Thanks @OJSP!
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone noticed we are getting a lot less anniversary tokens than previous years?
    Iirc, previous anniversary pve events did not have a pve vault, instead everything was awarded to the anniversary vault, which gave us a descent chance of cleaning out that vault without too much hero point expenditure.
    Three days into the anniversary, I feel way behind on this vault than previous anniversaries.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any word on Feeders or are the Devs done with that feature ?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    If by store you mean fan favorites then I for one don't like it since I don't need covers for any of those 5*s. I would have much preferred that players selected their own 5*s to chase (I'd want Thor/BrB/Carbage).
    I love Deadpool Nightly and just wish we got this more often than 1x a year (like we get the 1x a year 12 days of Xmas).
    Ultimately this anniversary is almost exactly like last years. Shards and feeders weren't announced until well after anniversary (new features especially UI ones aren't really part of Anniversary). I recall many saying last years was dull too for all the same reasons you cited above. It seems to me the further developed your roster is, the less anniversary means to you since few 5* players really care about the limited 4*s (other than champing them to champ them) and their limited anniversary vault/PvP's.
    KGB
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    Kitty kind of sucks but overall it is a good vault.  4* players love them some Kitty so it is pretty clear why she got so many votes.

I'm just glad OML wasn't in this vault as has become tradition in previous anniversaries 
    Kitty clearly does not suck.  She has been squeezed out of the meta a tiny bit by IH (who is both about as fast as kitty-based teams on offense and slightly more of a threat on defense because of the passive aoe), but that has really just been over the last few months.  Before that she was a key part of every PvP meta team since her release.  and brbitty is still a pretty good scarecrow given how much time it can suck up if BRB gets out a quick blue.
    Every meta team had Kitty?  Lol.. ok
    Other than with BRB, she is not part of any meta teams.  And even with brb, that is the meta team I'd gladly take on over any other.  Match away one protect tile and then she is useless.

That being said, I shouldn't have opened my big mouth last week.  I got 16 okoye, 18 apocolypse, and then punished with 27 stupid Kitty covers.  Heartbreaking 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Kitty kind of sucks but overall it is a good vault.  4* players love them some Kitty so it is pretty clear why she got so many votes.

I'm just glad OML wasn't in this vault as has become tradition in previous anniversaries 
    Kitty clearly does not suck.  She has been squeezed out of the meta a tiny bit by IH (who is both about as fast as kitty-based teams on offense and slightly more of a threat on defense because of the passive aoe), but that has really just been over the last few months.  Before that she was a key part of every PvP meta team since her release.  and brbitty is still a pretty good scarecrow given how much time it can suck up if BRB gets out a quick blue.
    Every meta team had Kitty?  Lol.. ok
    Other than with BRB, she is not part of any meta teams.  And even with brb, that is the meta team I'd gladly take on over any other.  Match away one protect tile and then she is useless.

That being said, I shouldn't have opened my big mouth last week.  I got 16 okoye, 18 apocolypse, and then punished with 27 stupid Kitty covers.  Heartbreaking 

Wait what? Kitty isn't meta? News to me......
    This has to be a joke.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse has punished britty teams down to their knees. That was what I said before. Still on pick 3 things can change if not using a strong and quick team.
  • killahKlown
    Bad said:
    Apocalypse has punished britty teams down to their knees. That was what I said before. Still on pick 3 things can change if not using a strong and quick team.
    Exactly... haven't lost to a Kitty team since I can't even remember.  It's like hitting the jackpot finding someone using Kitty when I'm cycling through Qs.  Easy win

If she is so meta why is it so difficult to find anyone using her still?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Exactly... haven't lost to a Kitty team since I can't even remember.  It's like hitting the jackpot finding someone using Kitty when I'm cycling through Qs.  Easy win

I see her all the time with either R4G or Bill. Maybe you should take down all the times you come across her in PvP, and let us know how often she appears, especially in comparison to other meta characters like Okoye, iHulk, Bill, Apocalypse.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone noticed we are getting a lot less anniversary tokens than previous years?
    Iirc, previous anniversary pve events did not have a pve vault, instead everything was awarded to the anniversary vault, which gave us a descent chance of cleaning out that vault without too much hero point expenditure.
    Three days into the anniversary, I feel way behind on this vault than previous anniversaries.
    Absolutely was just thinking this. Maybe two years ago, I plowed through a whole vault with just earned tokens and maybe some single pull daily deals. They used to shower them on us. I'm just over a quarter of the way through my first vault right now using earned tokens and the single daily deal pulls. 
  • killahKlown
    Bad said:

I see her all the time with either R4G or Bill. Maybe you should take down all the times you come across her in PvP, and let us know how often she appears, especially in comparison to other meta characters like Okoye, iHulk, Bill, Apocalypse.
    Why should I do that for you?  Can't you do that yourself? 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

Why should I do that for you?  Can't you do that yourself? 
    I'm not the one talking down on Kitty, insisting she isn't meta and claiming it's difficult to find anyone using her still.