MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daredevil217 said:
    I’d say wait until Polaris enters tokens before you toss Kitty aside. Even if she’s a glass cannon, max-champed she’ll likely have enough health to match a few of Rocket’s strikes or Bill’s protects.  Once that many specials are on the board it’s pretty much game over. 

Polaris is the best 4* right now but she is not as good for gritty team specially on defense as it was bishop. He earned the time to destroy the team. Polaris can punish each turn and if she stills lives can stun but matching tiles she destroys kitty work.
    I can understand why kitty has been voted, but imo supporting characters as okoye apocalypse and brb will never lose value same as inmortal hulk who is unique and the best scarecrow on the game right now.
    As a sidenote I use to beat scl10 with him in almost all nodes and I would like to develop him all I can. Quickly I understood that sometimes Im wasting more healthpacks without him than with him.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This would be a pretty good store for me, since it would mean Okoye and Apocalypse champ levels, and Kitty, who I missed out on back in Latest is only at 3/3/0. I'd been chasing her before the Polaris launch, but then I switched over to finishing Danver5 who'd dropped out at a 10 for that reliable Winfinite in PVE. Hopefully we see details about Deadpool prior to this store closing; I'm almost certainly not going to be able to finish my Killmonger with what I've got saved up, but historically Deadpool has been a strong character for any tier he appears in and I do love me some Ghost Rider...

I've got 675cp in the bank now, with 17 LTs. Not a huge likelihood of making a dent on Kitty, but it could be nice to pump up Okoye and Apocalypse, who I regularly use.
    I think the fan fav store usually runs the entire duration of anniversary. If I remember correctly, they have tokens for it in the vault. I remember emptying my HP stash to clean out and reset those vaults over and over again and got plenty of tokens for the FF store. All that to say, you should see Deadpool’s details and maybe even his CP store details while the fan favorites store is open. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't vote for fan favorites simply because, in the past, I tended to vote for characters that I found useful in the game and not favorites from the comics.  Since there are more people that seem to vote with their comic-influence (looking at you Wolverine X-force), it seems silly to contribute.  But maybe that's some defeatist thinking there.

I'm 100% certain that new metas arise, not because of a plan, but because of how creative the player base is.  The devs just throw character abilities at the wall and it's up to us to determine what sticks.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    More curious about 5* Deadpools abilities. Looks like Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider in a Deadpool costume with a repurposed Kra-Van. 
    Could guess at what BLACK and RED do... but that BLUE Wade ability has us really curious....moreso because it's Deadpool with a BLUE ability.
  • Kusik73
    Kusik73 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think a FF vault is different than I limited older toon vault. I think they hit the nail on the head with the FF vault. While no it's not perfect for everyone all three are solid toons and great toons to collect additional levels for if you already have them champed. Also for those looking for variety remember new release vaults also feature two older 5* along with the new one.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX is there anyway to get additional information on Deadpool???  I would love to hear more about his power set even if all his numbers don’t show up till next week.

also will there be a marvel article or Q&A with the Puzzle Warriors podcast to celebrate anniversary?
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kitty kind of sucks but overall it is a good vault.  4* players love them some Kitty so it is pretty clear why she got so many votes.

I'm just glad OML wasn't in this vault as has become tradition in previous anniversaries 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All that to say, you should see Deadpool’s details and maybe even his CP store details while the fan favorites store is open. 
    Or maybe not? Apparently anniversary is only 10 days. The offseason was longer lol. 

Kitty kind of sucks 
    Lol okay. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty kind of sucks but overall it is a good vault.  4* players love them some Kitty so it is pretty clear why she got so many votes.

I'm just glad OML wasn't in this vault as has become tradition in previous anniversaries 
    Kitty clearly does not suck.  She has been squeezed out of the meta a tiny bit by IH (who is both about as fast as kitty-based teams on offense and slightly more of a threat on defense because of the passive aoe), but that has really just been over the last few months.  Before that she was a key part of every PvP meta team since her release.  and brbitty is still a pretty good scarecrow given how much time it can suck up if BRB gets out a quick blue.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes heimdall is another type of super supporting partner. Give time to him. About killmonger red power, I said in its day it was being understimated. Now people is noticing him. Good thing of this power is that is not needed to be champed for to take advantage of him.
    Heimdall is another one great character that is not needed to champ him for to make good use of him. But champing and making him a solid ally could be a great option.
    Obviously I will skip fan store and chase those LL. Deadpool is always favored by devs and I have a feeling his 5* will be totally a must.
    So there are the stores and only things left are decisions, decisions.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Super Damage™ is the single most important thing in mpq today, in pve and pvp.  Itćs basically necessary to fight 650s ina realistic amount of time, and the threat of eating fast Super Damage™ is the best deterrent in PVP (with the lone exception of brbitty).
    And kitty, apoc, and okoye are the three best characters in the game for generating Super Damage™ (4* carol or 5* DD are probably the next best characrers).  So I imagine their usage rates are sky high and the fan favorite store makes a lot of sense to me.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deadpool Nightly just loaded (not yet playable). Event Rules says it is week long. 

Dino and Chavez rewards. 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    .....oh, and Polaris is added to the token pool. =c)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really nice touch in the Deadpool nightly games.  Under the event rules it says Hey (player name) compared to hey you or join forces it actually puts in for me Wymtime.

I know we focus on game play powers meta characters and those are important. It is also the little details and having the new nightly games show my name feels personal.  I look forward to playing and thanks for the little personal touch
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It is completely in keeping with Deadpool and his third fourth (move along now, nothing to see here!) wall breaking shenanigans. Although...does this mean that Deadpool has been watching us all these years... :/:*
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    It is completely in keeping with Deadpool and his third wall breaking shenanigans. Although...does this mean that Deadpool has been watching us all these years... :/:*
    I think you might be one wall short! ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    It is completely in keeping with Deadpool and his third wall breaking shenanigans. Although...does this mean that Deadpool has been watching us all these years... :/:*
    I think you might be one wall short! ;)

Ha ha, I think you might be right!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ***Mod note: Removed off topic posts. Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.