MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

Options

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    Apocalypse has punished britty teams down to their knees. That was what I said before. Still on pick 3 things can change if not using a strong and quick team.
    Exactly... haven't lost to a Kitty team since I can't even remember.  It's like hitting the jackpot finding someone using Kitty when I'm cycling through Qs.  Easy win

If she is so meta why is it so difficult to find anyone using her still?
    I see her all the time with either R4G or Bill. Maybe you should take down all the times you come across her in PvP, and let us know how often she appears, especially in comparison to other meta characters like Okoye, iHulk, Bill, Apocalypse.
    Why should I do that for you?  Can't you do that yourself? 
    I'm not the one talking down on Kitty, insisting she isn't meta and claiming it's difficult to find anyone using her still.
    Ya that would be me.  But I dont understand what me reporting information back to you will accomplish?  You can't do your own legwork?  
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Apocalypse has punished britty teams down to their knees. That was what I said before. Still on pick 3 things can change if not using a strong and quick team.
    Exactly... haven't lost to a Kitty team since I can't even remember.  It's like hitting the jackpot finding someone using Kitty when I'm cycling through Qs.  Easy win

I see her all the time with either R4G or Bill. Maybe you should take down all the times you come across her in PvP, and let us know how often she appears, especially in comparison to other meta characters like Okoye, iHulk, Bill, Apocalypse.
    I'm not the one talking down on Kitty, insisting she isn't meta and claiming it's difficult to find anyone using her still.
    Ya that would be me.  But I dont understand what me reporting information back to you will accomplish?  You can't do your own legwork?  
    To prove your claim about "difficult to find anyone using her still" wrong. You want to make outlandish claims like that, make sure you can back them up.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:

To prove your claim about "difficult to find anyone using her still" wrong. You want to make outlandish claims like that, make sure you can back them up.
    I for one can testify over half the PvAI I get contain Gritty or Britty . Still a nuisance in 2v2, but agreed she is now  useless in 3vs3 like Simulator because my Polaris teams take out all tile spammers 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Keen to know more about feeders! Been almost a year since last time!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mass feeding happened during Shardpocalypse. So, we have another 2 months to go.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anniversary looks pretty much done to me. New 5DP on Thursday is it. Feeders would be a massive shock at this point.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Bad said:

Different players have different MMR and play different slices.  If Blackbolt recorded how many Kitty's he see's in pvp that would still provide no information about how often kitty comes up in your MMR in whatever slice you play in.

That could be where the disconnect is coming from.  Personally, I rarely see kitty teams very much anymore.  It's almost nothing but hulkoyes, but maybe blackbolt is in a different MMR or plays in a slice where there are more players still using her.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Has anyone noticed we are getting a lot less anniversary tokens than previous years?
    Iirc, previous anniversary pve events did not have a pve vault, instead everything was awarded to the anniversary vault, which gave us a descent chance of cleaning out that vault without too much hero point expenditure.
    Three days into the anniversary, I feel way behind on this vault than previous anniversaries.
    Absolutely was just thinking this. Maybe two years ago, I plowed through a whole vault with just earned tokens and maybe some single pull daily deals. They used to shower them on us. I'm just over a quarter of the way through my first vault right now using earned tokens and the single daily deal pulls. 
    I've noticed this as well. Last year and the year before I fully cleared the 100 item vault. I know I bought a 10 pack (or 2) but I easily got 60+ tokens during anniversary.
    I think I figured it out though. I seem to recall in prior years that all the PvE/PvPs that ran during anniversary gave tokens to the anniversary vault rather than their PvE/PvP vaults. So for instance we just finished Webbed Wonder and we got tokens to that vault rather than anniversary vault so we missed out on at least 10+ tokens depending on how you finished in placement each day/overall. Plus wave nodes gave a vault token instead of a plain heroic etc. This is why we have WAY fewer vault tokens this year :'(
    KGB
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    KGB said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Has anyone noticed we are getting a lot less anniversary tokens than previous years?
    Iirc, previous anniversary pve events did not have a pve vault, instead everything was awarded to the anniversary vault, which gave us a descent chance of cleaning out that vault without too much hero point expenditure.
    Three days into the anniversary, I feel way behind on this vault than previous anniversaries.
    Absolutely was just thinking this. Maybe two years ago, I plowed through a whole vault with just earned tokens and maybe some single pull daily deals. They used to shower them on us. I'm just over a quarter of the way through my first vault right now using earned tokens and the single daily deal pulls. 
    I've noticed this as well. Last year and the year before I fully cleared the 100 item vault. I know I bought a 10 pack (or 2) but I easily got 60+ tokens during anniversary.
    I think I figured it out though. I seem to recall in prior years that all the PvE/PvPs that ran during anniversary gave tokens to the anniversary vault rather than their PvE/PvP vaults. So for instance we just finished Webbed Wonder and we got tokens to that vault rather than anniversary vault so we missed out on at least 10+ tokens depending on how you finished in placement each day/overall. Plus wave nodes gave a vault token instead of a plain heroic etc. This is why we have WAY fewer vault tokens this year :'(
    KGB

You are right KGB, and that was what I thought I remembered, my 10+ tokens I got for webbed wonder would have gone to the anniversarry vault and added some level of excitement to this anniversary, now it is more meh like always.
    I've also noticed that they have **** us somewhat on the double-iso.
    The Doc Ock node on Webbed Wonder is always a 5k bonus, and under this double-iso, it was still only 5k.
    The same isin place for the Kalineus node on Strange sights, its normally 3.5k, and I remember the joy of getting 7k for that node under a double iso run.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've also noticed that they have **** us somewhat on the double-iso. 
    The Doc Ock node on Webbed Wonder is always a 5k bonus, and under this double-iso, it was still only 5k.
    The same isin place for the Kalineus node on Strange sights, its normally 3.5k, and I remember the joy of getting 7k for that node under a double iso run.
    Not to mention that they haven’t turned on double iso for the lightning rounds.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That could be where the disconnect is coming from.  Personally, I rarely see kitty teams very much anymore.  It's almost nothing but hulkoyes, but maybe blackbolt is in a different MMR or plays in a slice where there are more players still using her.
    Yes, from that pov Im talking too. To be fair Im seeing teams of all types, kitty included. But the main difference is that she is not on the players teams that are on tops, those giving me more points for winning. On that point I stood my claim, she has been moved out, at least until appears a 5* groot.
    PiMacleod said:
    ----

Sure, it sounds kinda ridiculous - i mean, why wouldn't they wanna make us long-timers MORE invested?  Well, I think they know the same truth that WE know... we ARE invested.  And quite frankly, a few extra things here and there aren't gonna make us spend more than we already are.  However, 3* and 4* players may be convinced to up their game a bit more, by showing off some cool stuff on a "limited time" basis.  Us 5* players (or long time vets) aren't buying that stuff, because we don't need a thing from 4* land or earlier.... but 3*/4* players may be convinced to bring up their roster a bit more with these "special" stores and vaults.

It could be. But remember, we 5* players are invested just until the time that appears that 5* that one can desperately need to champ, one that will make us almost invincibles on pvp. You know, the one for who we are playing and hoarding.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    It could be. But remember, we 5* players are invested just until the time that appears that 5* that one can desperately need to champ, one that will make us almost invincibles on pvp. You know, the one for who we are playing and hoarding.

Wasp is already there.

Pun intented.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kwahder said:
    Not to mention that they haven’t turned on double iso for the lightning rounds.
    I think they have, but just don’t have the banner showing it. My LRs today have been giving me double iso, and half iso skip tax. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I hope we have another update this Friday. Preferably, it's related to the battle screen UI change. But, I think most would rather hear about feeders. Here's what they said in a recent interview:

... However, the player base almost unanimously loved the update and the new filtering features we introduced with the UI update, and as a result it has informed some other changes to other screens that we’re planning, like the pre-battle Team Select Screen...

And these are the future plans:

With the success of the UI update to the Roster screen, we’re definitely taking a look at revamping and updating some of the other screens to make them easier to use, more feature rich, and more up to date.

Past that, we’ve got several features that we’re looking at introducing to keep the gameplay experience fresh and exciting for players of all skill levels, but most of those are still in the design stages and thus subject to changes. I’d say that things like the battlefield changes in Deadpool’s Nightly Games and the more focused gameplay that it brings are good indicators of ways that we’re looking at to make the game feel interesting outside of more story events and characters, which we’re always doing as well!

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/celebrate-seven-years-of-marvel-puzzle-quest

To sum up, there will be more UI changes and more interesting board to play with in the coming year. Unfortunately, there's nothing mentioned about feeders. I think if none is announced for anniversary, I will think the next probable date is Shards' Anniversary.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shards 1st Anniversary comes up in 4 days . We shall see .
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Oops, I'm referring to Shardpocalypse Anniversary and it happened in December. I think I would wait until December because that's the month of mass frenzy and mass feedings.

I can't see the exact date on mobile but I think it happened around late December.
  • DAZ0273
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The initial feeder update was R192 and that looks to have been announced around mid December, maybe 16th and then rolled out that same week. The subsequent change/upgrade to the feeder rewards was maybe 4 or 5 days after that?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Speaking of feeders though, here is what needs feeding - it seems we have some pretty obvious matches already in game for all but maybe Yelena (who I think would have had Red Guardian if the relewase date hadn't shifted)

4* - 5* feeders

Bishop/Legion – Apocalypse

Cap Worthy – BRB

Red Hulk – iHulk

Polaris – Havok

Venom/Agent Venom/Anti-Venom – Carnage

Domino/DeadpoolXF/Negasonic – Deadpool

Sabretooth/X-23 – SamDak

Kraven – Killmonger

Jean Grey - Mr. Sinister

Juggernaut - Onslaught

(Red Guardian would have been obvious one here) - Yelena