MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

Options

Comments

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kwahder said:
    Not to mention that they haven’t turned on double iso for the lightning rounds.
    I think they have, but just don’t have the banner showing it. My LRs today have been giving me double iso, and half iso skip tax. 
    I assume you don’t play the lightning rounds much - it’s exactly the same rewards as usual.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since they are being so stingy with the SpiderHam covers, I think they should open the possibility for ALL Limited characters to be favorited/shargetted during the two weeks of each Anniversary. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79869/mpq-6th-anniversary-schedule

Interesting to see Dino costume pack for 2750 HP last year vs. $24.99 (USD) this year

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79869/mpq-6th-anniversary-schedule

Interesting to see Dino costume pack for 2750 HP last year vs. $24.99 (USD) this year

but this year you get extra covers and hp on top of it, think about it.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since they are being so stingy with the SpiderHam covers, I think they should open the possibility for ALL Limited characters to be favorited/shargetted during the two weeks of each Anniversary. 

Spiderham / Taskmaster covers are typically awarded around Xmas time and anniversary is all about Devil Dino. I suspect that's why there are far fewer of those covers available.
    KGB
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Kwahder said:
    I assume you don’t play the lightning rounds much - it’s exactly the same rewards as usual.
    Even if your assumption is right.. the rewards are not exactly the same as usual..
    What assumption? They’re literally the same rewards.

The only difference is the 30 iso skip tax, which is applied to all pvp events when double iso is on.

Given that the devs forgot to turn on double iso for the lightning rounds on a previous anniversary, it seems pretty likely that they’ve done it again, given that...you know...none of the iso rewards are doubled.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Sadly this year's anniversary is indicative of the current state of the game.

Lackluster and boring 
    Seven days in and I haven't gotten a single anniversary token past the freebie.  i'd say it does match the current state of the game, pure garbage.  i tried coming back after months away, but all this did was remind why I left.  At this point my hope is that the games just dies (but to be replaced with MPQ2 though)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something is very wrong if you have only 1 token for the Anniversary Vault. I suppose you don't play PvPs? If you do, you would have opened at least 10 more.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @HoundofShadow

agreed.  I don't play PvPs too much, but the little I did, I got a few extra.  

ESPECIALLY since the 10 pack is so each to achieve each Annivesary... I usually try to play a little more PvP during Annivesary, just to scoop up easy rewards.

EDIT:  I'm not even going to correct it -- yes, I misspelled Anniversary TWICE during this post.  That's just plain lazy on my part.

However, reading forward, I do have to agree that I have pulled a lot less this Anniversary than the other ones.  So, yes, it has been noticed.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    pheregas said:
    So far, this 7th Anniversary has been the 2020 of anniversaries.
    You win the day  :D
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something is very wrong if you have only 1 token for the Anniversary Vault. I suppose you don't play PvPs? If you do, you would have opened at least 10 more.
     In years past, id would be able to open up nearly the entire vault just by playing. This year I'm only at like 25 openings. With the changes to wave based nodes, decreases the vault rewards quite a bit.
    Seems odd that the game feels a bit stingier this time around. 
  • Ugh
    Options
    I played a few simulator matches, but PVP just sucks so much.  I didn't open the freebie even because the vault is such garbage.  Was hoping to get a few and then open after it closes to get an even shot at the large HP pulls (even though we know it will be nothing but 2* pulls)  Back when the anniversaries were good getting the tokens wasn't such a pain
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh said:
    I played a few simulator matches, but PVP just sucks so much.  I didn't open the freebie even because the vault is such garbage.  Was hoping to get a few and then open after it closes to get an even shot at the large HP pulls (even though we know it will be nothing but 2* pulls)  Back when the anniversaries were good getting the tokens wasn't such a pain
    If you are doing so bad at pvp, dont hope that if this game dies you will be doing better on the sequel.
    Rewards of 10 tokens are at 1600 points: any player willing to get it can do it without any problem on the 3 pvp events plus simulator, no matter his roster level.
  • daltonimperial
    daltonimperial Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hope that the Devil Dino costume (bundle) returning means some of the other existing ones might pop back up this month.  It also was nice to see them in one of the Nightly Games.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The number of anniversary vault tokens did reduce. I think it's mainly due to tokens in the wave nodes being replaced with Elite or Heroic Tokens. I remember pulling a lot of anniversary vault tokens as well. Oh well! 
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's just like those boring anniversaries at your cousins ​​house, one more year! 
    Not even new feeders. Shame on you... D3go go go to work!!
  • Ugh
    Options
    Bad said:
    Ugh said:
    If you are doing so bad at pvp, dont hope that if this game dies you will be doing better on the sequel.
    Rewards of 10 tokens are at 1600 points: any player willing to get it can do it without any problem on the 3 pvp events plus simulator, no matter his roster level.
    i didn't say I was doing bad, I said pvp sucks.  I'd rather do something more fun like sit around hitting myself in the crotch with a hammer.  Shame for the anniversary that some of us get punished because the pvp is such garbage
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gwen Prix is back??
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Nice surprise and 30% HP bonus will be available for 7.5 days, which is way past anniversary.