MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    They said it's based on the Anniversary survey that we did. 4* Wolverine is always in there, it seems. 3* Magneto got shortchanged because I saw comments stating that they didn't see 3* Magneto among the choices. Most of it seems on point. Jean Grey, Moonknight, and even Peggy Carter was a surprise to me. It would be eye-opening if they released the result of the Anniversary survey.

Regardless of that, I'm waiting for the 5* store to roll around.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said it's based on the Anniversary survey that we did. 4* Wolverine is always in there, it seems. 3* Magneto got shortchanged because I saw comments stating that they didn't see 3* Magneto among the choices. Most of it seems on point. Jean Grey, Moonknight, and even Peggy Carter was a surprise to me. It would be eye-opening if they released the result of the Anniversary survey.

Regardless of that, I'm waiting for the 5* store to roll around.

Well Moon Knight might still be a possibility but Jean Grey does seem odd then. Peggy has sadly just fallen by the wayside.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love Teen Jean.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I love Teen Jean.
    She was my first 4-star, so I have a certain fondness.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was disappointed Shuri didn't make the cut.  I voted for her simply because she's Okoye's feeder.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @skittledaddy
    1st, thank you for being a bro in chat. Every. Single. Day. Well, almost ;).

I get the frustration some are having over the FFs, we all want more usable 5s. However, the selection here is something people getting into 5land or just getting there can use. I’m sure there are a lot of people out there who weren’t able to get Apoc covered, everybody wants Okoye to tank & Kitty is the 1st for a number of people not in 5land.

Most people posting in forums are fairly deep into their rosters & for a long time, I’ve felt like I’ve been one of the few voices for newer players here. I often wonder if that isn’t responsible for a lot of the decisions by the devs to constantly expand the gulf between those at the top & those elsewhere. I image if they get any input from newer players, it’s mostly on the FB.

I’m not saying that everyone who was less than happy with the Anniversary store should be written off, it’s important that the game stays fresh for players at all tiers. I just think the selection of 5s here seem to have mass appeal.

Hopefully everybody who wanted something else will have a nice Christmas present from MPQ this year?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this FF Store isn't for me.  I have Kitty/Okoye champed and one cover away from a champed Apoc.

The way I see it, though, is any CP I don't spend in the FF Store is CP that I can use to get the 5* Deadpool!  That seems like a win to me.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Although I already have kitty and apocalypse champed, my okoye is only on 6 covers so I'm going to use some of my cp (around 80 pulls) to try get a few more okoye covers. Hoping deadpool is decent as the current latest legends aren't that great imo.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I suspect that a lot of casual players voted for their favourite characters in the comics rather than the game. That would bring characters to the top of the list who are not necessarily great to play with.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I also have to skip the FF vault . Okoye is champed , Apoc has 2 open colors I still need, and I only have 1 Kitty. 7 of 9 pulls will be practically useless to me.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah I love this store, levels on Kitty Apoc and Okoye. Those will improve my roster more than anything else.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty is slowly losing her game impact imo. For me the excellent store should be ihulk replacing her. Kitty still can score on a good board but on defense gritty team is out and now without bishop on pick 3, the more.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Kitty is slowly losing her game impact imo. For me the excellent store should be ihulk replacing her. Kitty still can score on a good board but on defense gritty team is out and now without bishop on pick 3, the more.
    I’d say wait until Polaris enters tokens before you toss Kitty aside. Even if she’s a glass cannon, max-champed she’ll likely have enough health to match a few of Rocket’s strikes or Bill’s protects.  Once that many specials are on the board it’s pretty much game over. 

IHulk and Thor not being in the store despite being popular meta characters was a smart play. For those who don’t have them covered it’s rough, but those that do don’t want them tanking! So their inclusion could actually be a turnoff. I’d say Bill is the only meta character that was missed that I could’ve seen being included in this store, but you really can’t go wrong with any of those 4 (Bill, Kitty, Apocalypse, Okoye). 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Bad said:

It would be a challenge for me to disagree more with this especially, as mentioned above, with Polaris coming out.  In PVP, Kitty/BRB is still good enough to get me about 1000 each time in SCL10 (I quick rise with Thorkoye and then switch to BRBitty).  In PVE, depending on whether tile movers or not, either Gritty,  BRBitty, Kitty/5X, etc. are all good (and fast) enough for SCL10.

It might depend on who one is pairing her with but in no way is she losing her game impact.  In fact, I think you will see a lot more of her with Polaris.  I have been using an undercovered Polaris with Gritty in PVE SCL10 and that team speed mows down non-tile movers. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    This would be a pretty good store for me, since it would mean Okoye and Apocalypse champ levels, and Kitty, who I missed out on back in Latest is only at 3/3/0. I'd been chasing her before the Polaris launch, but then I switched over to finishing Danver5 who'd dropped out at a 10 for that reliable Winfinite in PVE. Hopefully we see details about Deadpool prior to this store closing; I'm almost certainly not going to be able to finish my Killmonger with what I've got saved up, but historically Deadpool has been a strong character for any tier he appears in and I do love me some Ghost Rider...

I've got 675cp in the bank now, with 17 LTs. Not a huge likelihood of making a dent on Kitty, but it could be nice to pump up Okoye and Apocalypse, who I regularly use.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have Kitty fully covered but with a 10 cover Okoye and an only 6 cover 'Pocchy this might be tempting as Kitty levels will be fine when I champ her in a few months time.
    On the other side though - I was probably looking at hoarding seriously for a while, am already building up LT's in a nice pile as Killmonger and Samurai Daken don't really interest me so was going to be looking at Heimdall depending also on what 5*DP turns out like.
    No doubt I will be tempted even though Apocalypse in particular is a lost cause without some sort of feeder.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When they asked us to vote for favorite character it would have been nice to instead have said 'which character do you want to be featured in an anniversary store'. I voted for Okoye/Kitty/Apoc because they are meta but not because I want them in a store (I have all 3 covered but not champed because I'm not ready for 5* land).
    If they had asked who I wanted in a store I would have said Thor, BRB, IHulk all of whom I still need 1-4 covers for.
    I guess I'll wait and see who's in Deadpool's store. Hopefully he has at least 1 of the above 3 though I fear it will be Cable/OML.
    KGB