What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Comments

• hoho69brah
    hoho69brah Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    what happened to class of 2019
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    can you please switch the required 5* in Simulator to a different 5*?  I am thinking Okoye, Apocalypse, BRB you know someone good.  This is a new release an possible the start of anniversary and you have Rescue buffed for the event?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very happy to see Combined Arms and Balance of Power back. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    can you please switch the required 5* in Simulator to a different 5*?  I am thinking Okoye, Apocalypse, BRB you know someone good.  This is a new release an possible the start of anniversary and you have Rescue buffed for the event?
    Yeah, that combo makes this event the easiest skip ever.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    what happened to class of 2019
    That's usually one of the events for the anniversary season (the current year and the year before)
    I think last year we got 16 17 18, which was great (until the bishop year :))

• wymtime
    OJSP said:
    wymtime said:
    Maybe it's just her turn? Or, maybe because we've been getting her shards on a regular basis, more people would at least have a cover? I understand what you're saying when asking for stronger 5*s to be the essential character for that event, but I'm just wondering if it's truly that bad to have Rescue as the essential?
    Do you willing use Rescue?  It is probably just her turn coming up in the rotation but for Simulator PVE it is challenging already with a decent 5* essential.  Now it is a bottom tier 5* essential.  They could have put an easier PVE in place for rescue so more players played CL10 as well.  To me poor choice of combination of PVE and essential characters
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I skipped Rescue on her release, and in my quest to “champ them all”, have been sharding her, her feeder, etc. She’s currently 4/4/4 with 285 shards. So I’m very excited that she’s coming up.  Simulator or not.  I’ll probably never use her, but the completionist in me is happy to check another off the list. Next up is Black Widow, who I’ve also made 4/4/4 and my Blonde Widow is level 354 (6 more!). 

After that, just 3 remain:

5/3/1 Wasp (600 shards; 1000 remain from feeder)

3/1/1 FA Captain America (1581 shards; 500 remain from feeder)

3/0/1 BB Hulk (1950 shards; 1000 remain from feeder). 
    Wasp seems achievable, while the other two will be way more difficult. 
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    When should the new pvp season start ? Any guesses ? 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    wymtime said:
    Do you willing use Rescue?  It is probably just her turn coming up in the rotation but for Simulator PVE it is challenging already with a decent 5* essential.  Now it is a bottom tier 5* essential.  They could have put an easier PVE in place for rescue so more players played CL10 as well.  To me poor choice of combination of PVE and essential characters
    I understand. Actually, I am willing to use anyone, including Rescue if she’s essential. Of course some characters are stronger than others. I think she will be useful in that Sinister Carnage Medusa node, probably better than Havok was. We’ll see.

Having Okoye as essential in a new character event hasn’t been particularly good for me historically actually.. I might play a bit faster, but so could many other people. I rarely broke t20 if she was essential.
    Her Blue power is spectacular, especially as a team up when facing tile spammers like Carnage (and Polaris). IT turns all enemy special tiles into Red which can cause a ton of criticals & cascades.
    KGB

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Kletvar said:
    When should the new pvp season start ? Any guesses ? 
    Given that the off-season vault lasts another 20 days, I'd say...20 days.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Any chance we could get Polaris pushed into tokens, and maybe have the Support store rotate to new items, say, this Thursday? Then have those things (supports and new characters) rotate again normally at the start of the season after Anniversary?

If things rotate at the start of the seasons like normal, it would mean the Power Stone season lineup will last longer than normal (due to the long off-season), and that the Anniversary season lineup will have a short duration (due to Anniversary being a shorter season to begin with), before going back to a more normal rotation. But if characters/supports updated sooner than expected just this one time, it would even things out a bit.

I say this partly because I know a lot of people are excited for Polaris and are being forced to wait extra time because of Anniversary, but I also say this because some of us are still chasing supports, and having a small selection of them available for a lesser amount of time can throw a monkey wrench into the plans of people collecting them (like, um, say, me, since I suspect it should be time for Widow's Batons to show up again, and that's the only non Infinity Stone support I'm still trying to acquire...)

EDIT:

4-Star: New Character - Clue: "Sullen Silence" / "Hashtag It"
    9/24 Simulator *NEW*
    • Featuring: Rescue, Anti-Venom, Squirrel Girl, Ares
    • Placement Rewards: Onslaught, New Character, Black Panther (T'Challa), Hawkeye (Classic)
    9/27 New Character Versus *NEW*
    • Placement Rewards: Captain America (First Avenger), The Thing, Loki (Dark Reign), Bullseye (DA)
    So this means we'll complete a 4-star release cycle prior to Anniversary starting. This means that the new 4-star will be the character featured in the PVP season, mainly the top reward cover in Shield Sim.

Which means we'll be missing out on a Polaris cover in the process. Since people won't be acquiring a cover or shards from PVP, that's another plus towards rotating her into tokens sooner. Hint hint. :)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Do you willingly use Rescue?  
    Yes. Rescue/Thorpocalypse is a great counter to KittyBill. The only "bad" thing about that trio is once Poccy's repeaters get going, Rescue starts healing everyone, including Thor above 50%. By then, you should have managed to use Rescue's Blue at least once though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime said:
    Yes. Rescue/Thorpocalypse is a great counter to KittyBill. The only "bad" thing about that trio is once Poccy's repeaters get going, Rescue starts healing everyone, including Thor above 50%. By then, you should have managed to use Rescue's Blue at least once though.
    You are a better man than me for using rescue.  I will try that out in Sim next season just for fun.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    You are a better man than me for using rescue.  I will try that out in Sim next season just for fun.  
    Try Rescue/BRB/Carbage as well. It can be fun. (screenshots from a pick-2 with BRB/Carbage opponents and friendly Rescue/brb)

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    OMG Slow down with the character releases!!!

Another 5 star!!

Come on............................................
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards

Another 5 star!!

Did I miss something? It doesn’t say when it’s going to be released. Just that we’ll have another 5* character at some point (my guess is the normal 2 week schedule that it’s been as long as I can remember). 

If your issue is that they have sped up character releases, that’s simply not true. If it’s that they’ve sped up 5* releases. Absolutely I agree. But 4/5/4/5 seems to be the new norm sadly. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020

Another 5 star!!

Did I miss something? It doesn’t say when it’s going to be released. Just that we’ll have another 5* character at some point (my guess is the normal 2 week schedule that it’s been as long as I can remember). 

If your issue is that they have sped up character releases, that’s simply not true. If it’s that they’ve sped up 5* releases. Absolutely I agree. But 4/5/4/5 seems to be the new norm sadly. 

Sadly not for everyone. As 1 4* transitioner who is 5m ISO dept in just 4* and needs ~2 times more to champ what is surrently left I am a bit happy with less 4*.

On the contrary, sped up 5* release will backfire me when I get into 5* transition. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil is saying that 5* releases have already sped up. We used to get a 5/4/4 release pattern, and it was confirmed that 4/5/4/5 is the new baseline for releases, so we are getting 33.33% more 5*s than before. But characters still come out every 2 weeks, so the overall volume of character releases is the same as it's always been.
  • daltonimperial
    daltonimperial Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I've only recently started paying attention to/noticing the hints/teasers for the new character: assuming ???????? isn't a hint itself (e.g. maybe the number of question marks indicates something), how soon before the actual release will we get the hint?

Back-to-back movie characters makes me expect someone more under the radar, perhaps even a Howard the Duck/Taskmaster limited type of character?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I've only recently started paying attention to/noticing the hints/teasers for the new character: assuming ???????? isn't a hint itself (e.g. maybe the number of question marks indicates something), how soon before the actual release will we get the hint?
    The hints usually come with the patch notes.  Next one will probably be Sept. 28.