Options
191011121315»

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    I honestly WOULDN'T be surprised if they were watching.  Nowadays, there's a position at a lot of companies for social media presence.  Someone who manages a FB page and a Twitter account.  Depending on the size of the company and budget, more people to manage and support other various online things.  I could easily see there being at LEAST an intern that's tasked with monitoring what game X, Y, and Z looked like online currently.  Having a positive (or at least constant) online presence is almost necessary.

Problem with that is that if the employee isn't knowledgeable about the game, then they might not know what to look for.  A post every couple days probably suffices, whereas we (the vets) look at this stuff and we KNOW what's up really.  The fact that we have people that scour other sites for info and bring it back here to the forums just goes to show how much dedication this player base has -- I don't expect anyone who isn't on "this" level to know where to look for that info.

In other words, of COURSE we know what's missing from the Forums, and what's missing from the FB page, and what needs to be done... we've been here for SOOOOO long, that we are practically interns ourselves.

On a related, yet different, note... I'm kinda surprised that D3 or Marvel wouldn't reach out to such places like this to see if someone wouldn't like a part-time or intern position on that level.  You can see how much someone has posted, their level of dedication to the product, and can even check their posts over for grammar/spelling/etc to see how detail oriented they are.  Reach out, contact them, have a small interview over Skype, and get someone that obviously has long-term interest for the product itself.

I dunno -- I'm probably missing steps and over-simplifying it.  
    Ahem. If I might... There is a careers link and devs have accounts here as well. You might reach out directly if you're hoping for such a position. And hey, lemme know how it goes. Maybe I can be your intern one day haha. 

EDIT: Woah weird fat thumbed mobile glitch there. I was responding to the post above me.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ahem. If I might... There is a careers link and devs have accounts here as well. You might reach out directly if you're hoping for such a position. And hey, lemme know how it goes. Maybe I can be your intern one day haha. 

EDIT: Woah weird fat thumbed mobile glitch there. I was responding to the post above me.
    You know, I checked it out... just because.  you know, why not....

and it just returned me to the home page for D3Go.  So... um... yeah, I guess they aren't hiring.  :tongue:
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Huh, you'd think that if they included that link it would have a phone number or an email at least, even if they never answered the email.
  • Uber_mpq
    Uber_mpq Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Guys it’s been a month (anniversary) since they have us a peak at upcoming events and rewards.  The election was just a few days.

so wondering if the sneak peak thing is no longer happening, instead just the app updates and new character stats
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    So, is there any new version of this thread or are we just run out of people who can update?
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, is there any new version of this thread or are we just run out of people who can update?
    For  the newest information there is a thread on November 9th which includes the clue for the new 5. I think they've been doing it that way for a while. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it’s time to unsticky this. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it’s time to unsticky this. 
    Yep.  I remember when What's New would come out at least every other week and sometimes more often.