What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Comments

• Uber_mpq
    Uber_mpq Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    So are the mods not updating this thread anymore?
    seems like ages since there’s been a sneak peek
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Uber_mpq said:
    No, it’s only been 24 days , no hurry 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the US Election today. I guess info for new character will be out tomorrow instead.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the US Election today. I guess info for new character will be out tomorrow instead.
    Are the Devs counting votes then? Shouldn't make any difference to the average work day so seems a bit flimsy to me.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Are the Devs counting votes then? Shouldn't make any difference to the average work day so seems a bit flimsy to me.
    More likely Marvel doesn't want to announce a new character when it will be totally drowned out by election news. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Maybe they took leaves to vote?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I work for a pretty big company that gives ALL employees the day off to go vote. 

I won't be surprised if other people don't have to work on Election Day either.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    I work for a pretty big company that gives ALL employees the day off to go vote. 

In my country the election are in sunday so no free day.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:

There are certain states where you have to give people time off, like California, and other states where you don't. I've been encouraging my team to go vote since our work is deliverables based generally so it won't be a huge deal if someone has to make up the time later in the week. It would be nice if it were a national holiday though.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Uber_mpq said:
    What happens first....this thread gets updated, or the election results are finalized.... ;)

(this is only a joke, not trying to get political if it's not allowed feel free to remove this)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    Omegased said:
    thanks for sharing, but we don't REALLY know they've got it to implement now though, do we? we're just assuming with dates, and the fact this character is likely to be completed?

EDIT: to be clear tho, not trying to be a ****. just hopeful
    There's still some educated guessing going on. And the reality is that the devs are fairly predictable, and don't throw curveballs at us, so with enough information we tend to treat things as "basically fact" even if they are technically still unverified.

4-star tie-in to Black Widow. Yelena got the 5. We have plenty of Natasha in the game. So a 4-star is most likely going to be an MCU Taskmaster (not likely since we have a Limited version already), or... Red Guardian. The clue is:

“Standing Strong for Mother”

Red Guardian is a Soviet version of Captain America. Meaning he's from Mother Russia.

So we know there's a 4-star connected to Black Widow, we know Black Widow was supposed to release this weekend, and the clue supports the character we believe best fits the other criteria.

Theoretically they could delay again until the movie is released. But given the clue, people are guessing they won't. At this point it's probably easier to release the new character, then run PVPs for it and Yelena when Black Widow does actually finally release... eventually.

(and you're right there's a degree of datamined information floating about, but that's a whole different can of worms that we generally avoid digging into directly, simply because the devs prefer that we don't)
    TIL you can only mark a post as 'Like' OR 'Insightful' not as both.

But yes to all of this. Many people guessed that a Red Guardian would be release as a tie-in with the movie. The movie was delayed, this was the original 'revised' date, and now it's been delayed again. I'm assuming they had finished development by now and like Yelena Belova, is 'far enough along' that they don't want to delay it again.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2020
    D3 Go!'s office is at Encino, CA. So, it can deduced that they are on leave?

When Black Widow movie is finally released on theatres, we could get 5* Taskmaster as a tie-in.  :D
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    4 star "Red Guardian Introducing..." showed up.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod said:

There are certain states where you have to give people time off, like California, and other states where you don't. I've been encouraging my team to go vote since our work is deliverables based generally so it won't be a huge deal if someone has to make up the time later in the week. It would be nice if it were a national holiday though.
    Yeah, I don't think we're in a state where you DEFINITELY get the time-off. ... I say that because I have friends who still had to work.  I'm in an industry where the work is kinda automated -- things will move with or without us.  That said, as an analyst, I'll still have lots to catch up on and respond-to on following days (like this morning).

Of course, here I am typing on here.  But you get it.  :P
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still red guardian is not posted on fb page. Now we can happy, we are not the only ones left without updates 
  • DAZ0273
    Red Guardian it is!

And look, I don't want to make a big deal of it but there was no election Monday stopping anybody. If I was Marvel, I am not so sure I would be so happy with the lack of hyping the new releases on the forum but I guess as this is a tie in for a film not coming out this year, they can afford to just not bother too much.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would surprise me to find out that "marvel" was watching that closely week on week.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two 4* in a row. Definitely cool with that. Wish there was a better trio of Latests getting an extended stay, but nice time to build on the hoard!
  • DAZ0273
    It would surprise me to find out that "marvel" was watching that closely week on week.
    You could be right but I expect there would be some level of promotion expectation tied to licensing. If the BW movie was out, I think things would have been different. Marvel started to take cross platform synergy promotion seriously from the Jemas/Quesada era and they have become even more commercially driven since Disney.
  • PiMacleod
    I honestly WOULDN'T be surprised if they were watching.  Nowadays, there's a position at a lot of companies for social media presence.  Someone who manages a FB page and a Twitter account.  Depending on the size of the company and budget, more people to manage and support other various online things.  I could easily see there being at LEAST an intern that's tasked with monitoring what game X, Y, and Z looked like online currently.  Having a positive (or at least constant) online presence is almost necessary.

Problem with that is that if the employee isn't knowledgeable about the game, then they might not know what to look for.  A post every couple days probably suffices, whereas we (the vets) look at this stuff and we KNOW what's up really.  The fact that we have people that scour other sites for info and bring it back here to the forums just goes to show how much dedication this player base has -- I don't expect anyone who isn't on "this" level to know where to look for that info.

In other words, of COURSE we know what's missing from the Forums, and what's missing from the FB page, and what needs to be done... we've been here for SOOOOO long, that we are practically interns ourselves.

On a related, yet different, note... I'm kinda surprised that D3 or Marvel wouldn't reach out to such places like this to see if someone wouldn't like a part-time or intern position on that level.  You can see how much someone has posted, their level of dedication to the product, and can even check their posts over for grammar/spelling/etc to see how detail oriented they are.  Reach out, contact them, have a small interview over Skype, and get someone that obviously has long-term interest for the product itself.

I dunno -- I'm probably missing steps and over-simplifying it.