What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:

I don't think we can really say we're not getting support - but the communication/interaction that USED to happen in these forums has pretty much completely gone. I'm not surprised tho - this does seem like it's full of people who hate the game (but this is probably just built up from a LONG time of... lack of communication".
    I cannot be more agreed with all you said, specially that. Haters club are my Tm words.
    So again there goes my intervention...

Feeders ( This more or less stems to the Devs inability to provide a stable and functional upgrade path to help new players progress between the tiers. The current structure is inconsistent. Why have feeders for some but not for all? the problem probably resides with the size of the game and the fact that feeders were 100% an afterthought. The game itself grew faster than the system could allow, and now the Devs are too stingy to hand out freebies for a poorly implemented system. They should just bite the bullet, give everyone a clear progression path ( feeders)  and keep a consistent pattern in the future. If this means introducing 3 star characters to feed more 4s to feed more 5s then so be it) 

Feeders are free resources that devs rewarded until iceman5 release. They are greatly welcomed but in any case are free and great resources. Its up to the devs to give them to the players or not. In no case feeders are an obligation or a right belonging to players. In any case, if they are given it should be welcomed as the free great resources they are.
    Classic 5 star acquisition rates: for what? They are outclassed. What bring us to:
    Classic Character reworks: this is not so easy as it seems and in any case its a lot of work for free that can create more broken characters. In any case, if they do a soft rebalance, again time to thanksgiving.
    About that theme we discuss it in there: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/937976/#Comment_937976
    Faster Gameplay: about that its easy: use kitty apoc or okoye
    New Events: I would like that too. Inevitably there will be complaints too, for being too easy or too hard.
    Cost of in-game items: another time one sidedly you are telling devs how they need to sell his game. And ironically later you complain too why devs are quiet in here...
    Repetitive gameplay: sadly yes, this is a game of matching gems. No matter what you can implement, nothing will change that. Its a good mind sport, but for people not liking it, I applause their decision of quitting.
    End of my intervention.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Repetitive gameplay: sadly yes, this is a game of matching gems. No matter what you can implement, nothing will change that. Its a good mind sport, but for people not liking it, I applause their decision of quitting.

That's EVERY game in a nutshell.  Had to come to this conclusion with a few friends.

• Fighting game?  Remember your character's good combo, moveset, and your most challenging opponents spacing and combos.  Revisit this and recall these when necessary.
    • First (or third) person shooter?  Collect weaponry and shoot opponents.  a lot.  like a lot.  Work on your accuracy and reflexes.  Repeat forever.
    • Puzzle games?  Match those gems, complete those patterns, etc, etc.  The same basis of the game's tutorial will be repeated ad nauseum for you.  Expand upon it until it's all the same to you.
    • Music games?  Hit the colored notes that show up on the designated line/indicator.  Do it.  Again.  Different song?  Same premise!  Add more notes/speed for increased difficulty, yet same gameplay.
    • RTS games?  Collect resources, build units and buildings, defend/attack against enemies.  Repeat all 3 prior steps as needed.
    • RPGs?  Get quest.  Get XP and loot.  Level up.  Apply new stuff to your character(s).  Repeat, adding layers of quests, and sometimes choices to make said quests more diverse.  Add exploration so the eye candy can detract from the repetition.
    I know I didn't hit every genre, but my point is clear... EVERY game/genre has its repetition.  It comes down to the flavor that YOU like.  It's like music -- most people will proclaim that they hate a certain style of music because it all 'sounds the same' to them.  ...but that's ALL music genres.  Every single one has it's nuances that are used and repeated because that's what appeals to the artist their audience.  I, personally, cannot listen to reggae often because it sounds like the same stuff to me over and over... but my wife loves it!  I know people who like techno, but hate rock, claiming that all rock sounds the same to them.  And this can be applied to pretty much everyone I've had this conversation with.

On a funny end note... my brother-in-law couldn't understand why his son (my nephew) and I were totally enjoying a game of Portal 2 one day, saying that it all seemed so repetitive to him... and then he wanted to see if we would play Rock Band with him.  ...I couldn't help but chuckle.  I like them both, but there's a funny irony in there, IMO.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can relate to the above, playing MCOC and our neighbour next door, GI Joe. MCOC is a highly repetitive game, but there are players who still love doing the same combos over and over again.

Over the past three years or so, I had downloaded about 5 other F2P games while playing MPQ. In the beginning, everything was refreshing for the first six months. Then, I started uninstalling those games because I became bored. 

I still remember players were so happy when Marvel Strike Force came out. Some were saying MSF was generous with their free resources. I wonder how they are doing now?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I decided to not make a massive effort and went SCL10 and did enough to get all the rewards, I will do the next PvE but won’t be pushing too much 

pvp I might start concentrating on more next season as I now have my 3* farm set up properly with duplicates of all characters so only need my coins for new characters and their stores if they are 5*s 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the thread is dead, here’s “what’s new” in like 1-2 years (assuming they don’t change the featured 5* pattern again). This should be the 5* rotation when it comes back around. In brackets is the HfH cover that should be offered. ** = first time featured in Classic Legends.
    • Iron Man [Blue]
    • The Hulk (BB) [Black]
    • Yelena Belova [Purple] **
    • Black Bolt [Black]
    • Hawkeye [Red]
    • Star-Lord [Green]
    • Doctor Octopus [Blue]
    • Apocalypse [Yellow] **
    • Daredevil [Purple]
    • Rescue [Blue]
    • Onslaught [Green] **
    • Gambit [Black]
    • Mister Sinister [Black]
    • Archangel [Blue]
    • Ghost Rider [Green]
    • Killmonger [Purple] **

The following are yet to be featured in the new Classic Legends rotation. ** = have never been featured as a Classic Legend.

• Silver Surfer
    • Wasp
    • Loki
    • Thor
    • Storm
    • Kitty Pryde
    • Iceman
    • Cable
    • Kingpin
    • Okoye
    • Professor X **
    • Black Widow
    • Dr. Strange
    • Jean Grey
    • Captain  America (IW)
    • Dr. Doom
    • Carnage **
    • Wolverine (OML)
    • Jessica Jones
    • Spider-Man {BIB)
    • Beta Ray Bill **
    • Captain Marvel
    • Captain America (FA)
    • Spider-Man (PP)
    • Green Goblin
    • Havok **
    • Hela
    • The Hulk (IH) **
    • Black Panther
    • Thanos 
    • Wolverine (SD) **
    • Heimdall **
    • Deadpool **
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Since the thread is dead, here’s “what’s new” in like 1-2 years (assuming they don’t change the featured 5* pattern again). This should be the 5* rotation when it comes back around. In brackets is the HfH cover that should be offered. ** = first time featured in Classic Legends.
    • Iron Man [Blue]
    • The Hulk (BB) [Black]
    • Yelena Belova [Purple] **
    • Black Bolt [Black]
    • Hawkeye [Red]
    • Star-Lord [Green]
    • Doctor Octopus [Blue]
    • Apocalypse [Yellow] **
    • Daredevil [Purple]
    • Rescue [Blue]
    • Onslaught [Green] **
    • Gambit [Black]
    • Mister Sinister [Black]
    • Archangel [Blue]
    • Ghost Rider [Green]
    • Killmonger [Purple] **

The following are yet to be featured in the new Classic Legends rotation. ** = have never been featured as a Classic Legend.

• Silver Surfer
    • Wasp
    • Loki
    • Thor
    • Storm
    • Kitty Pryde
    • Iceman
    • Cable
    • Kingpin
    • Okoye
    • Professor X **
    • Black Widow
    • Dr. Strange
    • Jean Grey
    • Captain  America (IW)
    • Dr. Doom
    • Carnage **
    • Wolverine (OML)
    • Jessica Jones
    • Spider-Man {BIB)
    • Beta Ray Bill **
    • Captain Marvel
    • Captain America (FA)
    • Spider-Man (PP)
    • Green Goblin
    • Havok **
    • Hela
    • The Hulk (IH) **
    • Black Panther
    • Thanos 
    • Wolverine (SD) **
    • Heimdall **
    • Deadpool **
    Black Panther and Thanos immediately preceded this list . I don’t know if that matters if Iron Man is officially the restart point . I started tracking only when I got to CL 10. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn’t realize you had started a new thread on this. Thanks buddy!
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The last update (based on thread) GI Joe had was in late September, while MtGPQ  last got it in late October. Meanwhile, MPQ's last update was in the mid of October. MPQ's update coming in another 2 days?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well in theory we are getting a new 5* soon so I'm assuming we'll be getting an update before then.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Well in theory we are getting a new 5* soon so I'm assuming we'll be getting an update before then.
    Odds are extremely high it'll be a 4* (we're expecting the second Black Widow movie tie-in character that was supposed to come between Yelena and Apocalypse earlier in the year, since this was the new movie release date this weekend, even though the movie has since been delayed again, and that character would have been a 4-star between the two 5's we actually got), but we should be getting some sort of update related to a new release regardless.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter)
    Latest 4 means next will be a 5 if going by the current release structure. Hopefully Red Guardian or Omega Red for the Mother reference. I definitely hope it is a 4 to balance out the earlier 5 a thon in the year but not holding my breath on that one.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter)
    Latest 4 means next will be a 5 if going by the current release structure. Hopefully Red Guardian or Omega Red for the Mother reference. I definitely hope it is a 4 to balance out the earlier 5 a thon in the year but not holding my breath on that one.
    So I agree - if you take the current release schedule it's likely a 5star.

However what you might notice in the forums, is some people know more information that they got but doing naughty things, then pretend that they came up with it and it's really obvious.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Red Gaurdian pushback was officially revealed by I think Demiurge Anthony or Bagman back when it happened in one of the threads during that brief window when they came around to engage us for a few minutes. That isn’t datamined, just remembered.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    thanks for sharing, but we don't REALLY know they've got it to implement now though, do we? we're just assuming with dates, and the fact this character is likely to be completed?

EDIT: to be clear tho, not trying to be a ****. just hopeful
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I saw the spoiler in the Twitch chat and now I can't have fun guessing the next two character releases.  :(
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:
    thanks for sharing, but we don't REALLY know they've got it to implement now though, do we? we're just assuming with dates, and the fact this character is likely to be completed?

EDIT: to be clear tho, not trying to be a ****. just hopeful
    There's still some educated guessing going on. And the reality is that the devs are fairly predictable, and don't throw curveballs at us, so with enough information we tend to treat things as "basically fact" even if they are technically still unverified.

4-star tie-in to Black Widow. Yelena got the 5. We have plenty of Natasha in the game. So a 4-star is most likely going to be an MCU Taskmaster (not likely since we have a Limited version already), or... Red Guardian. The clue is:

“Standing Strong for Mother”

Red Guardian is a Soviet version of Captain America. Meaning he's from Mother Russia.

So we know there's a 4-star connected to Black Widow, we know Black Widow was supposed to release this weekend, and the clue supports the character we believe best fits the other criteria.

Theoretically they could delay again until the movie is released. But given the clue, people are guessing they won't. At this point it's probably easier to release the new character, then run PVPs for it and Yelena when Black Widow does actually finally release... eventually.

(and you're right there's a degree of datamined information floating about, but that's a whole different can of worms that we generally avoid digging into directly, simply because the devs prefer that we don't)