What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Yelena and Apocalypse were Latest during this rotation. They won't appear as Classics until the next cycle.
    Yes. Which is why I wrote when they come BACK around...

Those HFH colors also aren’t what were offered this cycle, they are what should br offered next cycle. 

OH, gotcha. I might have noticed that on my own if I actually kept track of the colors offered. I just jot down character order and that's it.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Any guesses when Polaris comes in tokens ? She should've already been in, right ? 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kletvar said:
    Any guesses when Polaris comes in tokens ? She should've already been in, right ? 

We do not have to guess. IceIX has confirmed that it will be October 1st.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Kletvar said:

October 1st, when we all champ Polaris and a massive MPQ paradigm shift occurs .  Cry Havok .....
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All is exaggaraion as I do not hoard to chase her. I have other priorities on my list.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Kletvar said:

We do not have to guess. IceIX has confirmed that it will be October 1st.
    Great news. Thanks.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    All is exaggaraion as I do not hoard to chase her. I have other priorities on my list.
    Plenty of people are though. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Mr_F said:
    Still I will go for her as my 1st 5* champion. I only have 1 cover for her So chasing her will take forever and maybe I will get some others champed in meantime.
    Yeah -- I wouldn't force it.  Not because she's bad (and she is!), but because you never know what'll come out what you get.  My FIRST 5* champ was Marvel.  At the time, she was lauded as 'horrible'.  

Now she's in a "win-finite" team.  Glad I have her, and it works wonders.

So -- just play natural.  Things will probably work out.... especially since you like working with pretty much anyone thrown at you.  ;)
    I’m curious how Marvel has that potential. Could you please explain it to me?
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m curious how Marvel has that potential. Could you please explain it to me?
    5Marvel with Beta Ray Bill and Polaris can go winfinite after a few turns as Polaris replaces matched BRB tiles which builds Green an Blue  and with a cascade or two Green goes up and Marvel's Green Power destroys rows and go infinite til the enemy is adios.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To expand, you can have a winfinite with Th4nos replacing Marvel. 3Storm kind of works as well, but the more board shake you have, the better the results.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @furbear00000

@Sithforever described it pretty well.  Thanks @Sithforever!

So... yeah.  It's not bad at all.  Here -- I'll even bullet-point it, because honestly, sometimes I wish people would do this for me...
    • BRB - Polaris - M5rvel/Th4nos (with level 5 in the green ability)
    • Match protects at all costs...  this generates more protects via Polaris, and blue/green AP via BRB
    • When you are able, fire off the M5rvel/Th4nos green ability.  This destroys many MANY tiles; each protect tile that is destroyed triggers Polaris AND BRB passives, making more protects and more blue/green AP.
    • Keep repeating the last step, as you continue to flood the board with protects, and your reserves with AP.
    It's pretty ridiculous.  And yet, it's not hard to go against, since Polaris is so paper-thin.  You could even use this team against itself, and do well, since Polaris will generate her OWN protects matching ENEMY protects.  Fun times.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless you have an AP Taxer in play like Profe$$or X, Peggy, or Shuri, or there is some other wildly dangerous character like a very high leveled Carbage, don't waste you first blue fire on Polaris because she'll just make strikes for you. That's fine if you're using Danver5, but if you're using Th4nos you want to prioritize having protects out. In that case, just use BRB. As soon as you can fingersnap, you'll be sitting on 30 blue 30 green pretty easily, so I'll just fire Sculttlebutt 1x, Clash of the worthy 6x, then fingersnap, and that's the loop until the fight is over. They'll never get another turn unless you accidentally burn too much green.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So for these one off PVP that lock out most of your roster does MMR only look at the available characters.
  • krakenoon
    Options
    @MrPlow
    No. Lower than rank 200 in Co2019 & very rarely can I find a team that I can beat.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a feeling 2019 might be competetive - "newer" players are more likely to have the 4s champed and covers on the 5s, so more players in the pot.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else seeing that the iso isn't doubled properly in strange sights? The Kaecilius node is awarding 3,500 iso for door three in slice one of SCL10. I was expecting 7k. 

Alternatively, the tin-foil hat theory may be that the rewards have actually been reduced to 1,750 iso from the next time strange sights rolls around. Stealth nerf ahoy!?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, also got 3500 from Kaesilly.
  • krakenoon
    Options
    and then?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone noticed Sentinel's face during loading screen after finishing a match?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4-Star: Clue: Dig for Victory

Mole Man?