What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    OMG Slow down with the character releases!!!

Another 5 star!!

Come on............................................
    Did I miss something? It doesn’t say when it’s going to be released. Just that we’ll have another 5* character at some point (my guess is the normal 2 week schedule that it’s been as long as I can remember). 

If your issue is that they have sped up character releases, that’s simply not true. If it’s that they’ve sped up 5* releases. Absolutely I agree. But 4/5/4/5 seems to be the new norm sadly. 

Sadly not for everyone. As 1 4* transitioner who is 5m ISO dept in just 4* and needs 4 times more to champ what is surrently left I am a bit happy with less 4*.

On the contrary, sped up 5* release will backfire me when I get into 5* transition. 

Honestly, about 3/4 of the 5*s they release aren't worth completing, so you'll probably be fine once you're there.  When you've got a good 5* team (say, Thorkoye or BRB/Apocalypse) you can pull along a 5-6 cover 5* just fine and save your pulls for the good ones.
    I play for full progression in everything and usually top 100 in PVE and PVP and in general I can cover each 5* as they come, so you may be able to keep up fully, but even if you can't, being choosy with your 5* champs is fine.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Deadpool Dailies, if accurate, are so random now , it’s impossible to predict who’s even going to be next . It was alphabetical previously but now I’m lost and it’s wait and see who shows up 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @GrimSkald Well... I am guy who tries go off meta as much as possible and I plan that my 1st5* champion would be Wasp.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    @GrimSkald Well... I am guy who tries go off meta as much as possible and I plan that my 1st5* champion would be Wasp.
    Hopefully that is a joke. There is no exaggeration about how bad she is.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    @jp1 No, it is not. I picked her cause she is considered to be one if not the worst 5* there is. Part of my philosopy of "How to play MPQ". So far it works for me. If I can enjoy using Emma Frost then I can enjoy 5* Wasp too.
    Plus I am far away before championing ANYONE in 5* land. I need 11M ISO (and lots of missing covers) to finish 4* so not happening within next year or so.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Mr_F said:
    Hopefully that is a joke. There is no exaggeration about how bad she is.
    You obviously haven't CALLED THE SWARM
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    @jp1 No, it is not. I picked her cause she is considered to be one if not the worst 5* there is. Part of my philosopy of "How to play MPQ". So far it works for me. If I can enjoy using Emma Frost then I can enjoy 5* Wasp too.
    Plus I am far away before championing ANYONE in 5* land. I need 11M ISO (and lots of missing covers) to finish 4* so not happening within next year or so.
    To each their own. I have her champed, she is far and away my worst 5* champ. Entirely useless, MMR will not be be kind if she was your only champ.

I suggest, if you choose that route, to chase someone good as well to mitigate that pain by champing them at the same time.

I have a lot of bench warmers but she is the only one I would literally sell for ISO invested.
    Talos of the 5* tier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assure you that the single 5* game is not fun with a non meta character. I did it with Ghost Rider, and he is light years more useful than Wa5p. I know you think you know, but until you do it, you really don’t know. I wish you the best my dude.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are we really getting Cap FA placement rewards 2 events in a row? That must be a typo, right?
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Negasonic’s pvp and Class of 2019 both have Captain America (First Avenger) as placement rewards?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is there an echo in here?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Perhaps a bit nit-picky as we know who the new character is, but Class of 2018 was not properly updated. Also, see mentions before concerning FACap.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Talos of the 5* tier.
    Talos is better. At least he can stun.

One joke team I like to use is Wa5p/Panthos. Wa5p provides a Blue outlet, and she can turn Panther invisible, an additional way to trigger Panther's Red.
    Thank you for stating this as a "joke team".

I mean, I found ways to have fun with a lot of different non-meta characters, but I also know that they are DEFINITELY not close to meta.  Finding a fun use for a character doesn't necessarily make them worth the investment (time and/or resources).

...I would still like to know what they were thinking of when they made her kit.  What was the deal?  Did they have plans for future tile users that made "swarm" tiles?  Did they think her support was going to make her worth it -- make her a PvE champ?  I mean -- people have teased Banner, and (IMO) he's MUCH better than her, because of the "extra health pool", the passive green tile maker, and the extra turn.  I can use those.  W5sp does have a cheap blue, but that steals less AP than it costs (2* BW is more efficient).  Her yellow does a lengthy invis, but it costs more than IW's.  I will state that her black is at least unique, stealing health from an enemy -- it's somewhat expensive, but it can scale up, so at least I can see and justify it a tad.  But then there's Call the Swarm -- situational damage ability that costs 12 AP from one of her 3 colors, and you can't use ANY of her other abilities until you use this.  She effectively cripples herself by tossing her abilities to the side so that she can use an expensive damage dealing ability, that (at best) is an okay board shake.

So... yes.  Talos is better.  And that's really weird to say/type.

Remember old 5* Doc Ock's reactor?  That insta-win mechanic?  Yeah, I've gotten that off a few times, despite the hoops you had to jump through, and it was fun and satisfying, despite not being practical.  Call the Swarm does none-of-the-above.

....boy, i wonder what we could talk about if/when D3 calls me, due to that survey?  :)
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Still I will go for her as my 1st 5* champion. I only have 1 cover for her So chasing her will take forever and maybe I will get some others champed in meantime.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Still I will go for her as my 1st 5* champion. I only have 1 cover for her So chasing her will take forever and maybe I will get some others champed in meantime.
    Yeah -- I wouldn't force it.  Not because she's bad (and she is!), but because you never know what'll come out what you get.  My FIRST 5* champ was Marvel.  At the time, she was lauded as 'horrible'.  

Now she's in a "win-finite" team.  Glad I have her, and it works wonders.

So -- just play natural.  Things will probably work out.... especially since you like working with pretty much anyone thrown at you.  ;)
  • Mr_F
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yep, you know that I like cause we disscussed it. I am enjoying currently Quake/Juggs/Spider-Woman in BoP PVP. After I got cover from shards for Storm I will switch to Wasp and thats it. That is all "I will chase her" for a long time as I have 62 4* to champ before champing any 5*. There are high chances that i can full cover Storm before her and maybe someone else. But I plan for her to be my 1st 5* champion.

Most of mine 4* champions werent chased. They were lucky pulls. Like Quake - I chased 1 cover - or Juggernaut and Hulkbuster when I naturally* got 13 covers. Some are via PVE and new releases. So yeah, I just play with whatever MPQ has threw at me.

*naturall cover: cover got from non token shards (but champion level  or PVP/PVE reward), token pulls, daily rewards, PVE or PVP.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

....boy, i wonder what we could talk about if/when D3 calls me, due to that survey?  :)
    You’re going to tell them your name is Dennis Swarm. And when you end the call, you’ll tell the developers:

“Thank you for calling D. Swarm”
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    If anyone is interested, the new classic legends rotation when they come back around so far...
    • Iron Man [HFH blue] 
    • The Hulk (BB) [HFH black]
    • Yelena Belova [HFH purple]
    • Black Bolt [HFH black]
    • Hawkeye [HFH red]
    • Star-Lord [HFH unknown]
    • Doctor Octopus [HFH unknown]
    • Iron Man [HFH blue] 
    • The Hulk (BB) [HFH black]
    • Yelena Belova [HFH purple]**
    • Black Bolt [HFH black]
    • Hawkeye [HFH red]
    • Star-Lord [HFH green]
    • Doctor Octopus [HFH blue]
    • Apocalypse [HFH yellow]**
    • Daredevil [HFH purple]
    • Rescue [HFH blue]
    Update: ** = first time appearing in the classics rotation. Still no pattern I can see. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yelena and Apocalypse were Latest during this rotation. They won't appear as Classics until the next cycle.
  • Daredevil217
    edited September 2020
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Yelena and Apocalypse were Latest during this rotation. They won't appear as Classics until the next cycle.
    Yes. Which is why I wrote when they come BACK around...

Those HFH colors also aren’t what were offered this cycle, they are what should br offered next cycle.