What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Is this the new sneak peak?  
    My guess is yes. One thread that they’ll update when they feel like it/get to it. My assumption is that they are trying to quell the “late information!” posts by no longer tying it to a specific month. 

Ice, any communication on if this is the new form of communication?
    It's an attempt at a streamlined approach to the Sneak Peek, yes. One of the big problems that we had with that thread is that it was pretty much impossible not to have *some* errors in each update. Whether that was because of a transcription error on my part, a copy/paste issue, or some kind of snafu in the back end information, not a Sneak Peek didn't end up going out without me having to go back and correct an oops. This streamlines the process some and eliminates a lot of those possibilities.

As well, we thought that we could also make the thread a little bit of a "one stop shop" for things that have happened recently or are upcoming. I know stickied threads help with that, but let's be honest, once you're used to the cadence of those things coming out, you start to tune them out. Having a somewhat equivalent thing here should help people see the kinds of things we've been up to lately a little clearer.
    Will we also be getting an updated list of Buffed Characters like the old sneak peaks?
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The opponent in COtT is Green Goblin.  I'm getting tired of seeing him in PVE.  I'm tired of seeing him the CN or 5* node and now this.  Please mix it up.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    The opponent in COtT is Green Goblin.  I'm getting tired of seeing him in PVE.  I'm tired of seeing him the CN or 5* node and now this.  Please mix it up.
    He was the opponent for her the first time, before all the CN appearances, and they haven’t switched up Crash opponents for any of them in years. 

It’s not a terrible opponent since he’s one of the few Villain characters with passive fortification, which Shuri can take advantage of. 
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    helix72 said:
    D. They’re now making up their own characters so could be anyone. Like Samurai Cyclops.
    I definitely want a Samurai Cyclops now.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My first thought upon reading "Rambling Man" was the classic Hulk TV show with the sad credit music playing as he walks down the road. We just got a new 5* Hulk though...

The only tie in possibilities I know of are The New Mutants and the upcoming Falcon and The Winter Soldier, which is set to release "late 2020" so it could be soon since we're in the last quarter of 2020. The U.S. Agent AKA John Walker is supposed to be in that, so I'll make him my bet given the Ramblin Man teaser title and his last name.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The only tie in possibilities I know of are The New Mutants and the upcoming Falcon and The Winter Soldier, which is set to release "late 2020" so it could be soon since we're in the last quarter of 2020. The U.S. Agent AKA John Walker is supposed to be in that, so I'll make him my bet given the Ramblin Man teaser title and his last name.
    He is also from Georgia and his Father "wound up on the wrong end of a gun" just like the song lyrics.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

He is also from Georgia and his Father "wound up on the wrong end of a gun" just like the song lyrics.
    I think we're getting our New Mutants tie-in with PVP right now (Magik and Wolfsbane).

And given that we got Yelena, and then Black Widow was delayed due to the pandemic, and they pulled a second tie-in character (to save for the actual Black Widow release), I would assume they've had enough heads up to delay a Falcon & Winter Soldier tie-in. It was originally rumored for an August release, but has obviously been delayed, and I think we're hoping for it to sneak out at the end of 2020 (and might possibly get Wandavision before it).

So I think that if there's a tie-in for that at all, we won't be seeing it for a few months.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I think we're getting our New Mutants tie-in with PVP right now (Magik and Wolfsbane).

And given that we got Yelena, and then Black Widow was delayed due to the pandemic, and they pulled a second tie-in character (to save for the actual Black Widow release), I would assume they've had enough heads up to delay a Falcon & Winter Soldier tie-in. It was originally rumored for an August release, but has obviously been delayed, and I think we're hoping for it to sneak out at the end of 2020 (and might possibly get Wandavision before it).

So I think that if there's a tie-in for that at all, we won't be seeing it for a few months.
    You are most likely correct that it is too early but it would be a shame as the clue fits so well, albeit in a bit of a gruesome way.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anniversary starts at the end of the month right?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options

5-Star: New Character Clue: "Ramblin' Man"

You know what's capable of walking, rambling, or many other types of leg-based ambulation?

Stilts.

LADY STILT-MAN CONFIRMED!!! <3<3<3

Lady Stilt-Man Spider-ManDeadpool foe
    Lady Stilt-Man screenshots images and pictures - Comic Vine
    Lady Stilt-Man  Comic book heroes Marvel n dc Marvel
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Appreciate the update @IceIX
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:

PVE Events
    9/6 Thick as Thieves *NEW*
    • Featuring: Killmonger, Legion, Ragnarok, Bullseye (DA)
    • Placement Rewards: Heimdall, Misty Knight, Wolverine (Patch), Storm (Classic)
    9/10 Introducing... Heimdall *NEW*

9/14 Cosmic Chaos *NEW*
    • Featuring: Heimdall, Misty Knight, Wolverine (Patch), Storm (Classic)
    • Placement Rewards: Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Thor (Goddess), She-Hulk, Wolverine (Astonishing)
    9/17 Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six *NEW*
    • Featuring: Thor (Goddess), She-Hulk, Wolverine (Astonishing)
    • Alliance Target Rewards: Emma Frost, Mystique
    • Solo Progression Rewards: Thor (Goddess), She-Hulk, Wolverine (Astonishing)

Aren't those incorrect? I mean after Thick as thieves we should have another PVE from 10th to 14th? Or it is that we have Cosmic Chaos also starting 10th and theb Sinister Six starting 14th?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    IceIX said:

PVE Events
    9/6 Thick as Thieves *NEW*
    • Featuring: Killmonger, Legion, Ragnarok, Bullseye (DA)
    • Placement Rewards: Heimdall, Misty Knight, Wolverine (Patch), Storm (Classic)
    9/10 Introducing... Heimdall *NEW*

9/14 Cosmic Chaos *NEW*
    • Placement Rewards: Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Thor (Goddess), She-Hulk, Wolverine (Astonishing)
    9/17 Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six *NEW*
    • Featuring: Thor (Goddess), She-Hulk, Wolverine (Astonishing)
    • Alliance Target Rewards: Emma Frost, Mystique
    • Solo Progression Rewards: Thor (Goddess), She-Hulk, Wolverine (Astonishing)

Aren't those incorrect? I mean after Thick as thieves we should have another PVE from 10th to 14th? Or it is that we have Cosmic Chaos also starting 10th and theb Sinister Six starting 14th?

Thick as Thieves started today (9/10)
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Heimdall the essential so soon after release? Don’t 5* normally enter latest before they become essential 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrBowers said:
    Heimdall the essential so soon after release? Don’t 5* normally enter latest before they become essential 
    The event that gives out Heimdall shards likely won't have him as the required character.  This has happened a few times now with new 5 stars where their shards are the reward but a different 5 star is required in the essential nodes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last several 5*s have been like that such that if you played the first event to progression and got some kind of shards from showing up to the release PVP, you'll be able to land a single cover from progression shards in the event they're actually required within the first sub of that event.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX said:

4-Star: New Character - Clue: "Sullen Silence"

!!! Negasonic Teenage Warhead !!! 
    Yeah that feels right to me. 
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Woah

seriously ? Heimdall as the 5*e for Cosmic Chaos ?

thats a farce especially as you’ve moved the odds to make him even harder to pick up in the release store

Cash register bell might be sounding in the ears of the devs, but it’s more likely the sound of the door closing
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    9/14 Cosmic Chaos *NEW*