What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    That's great. Let's hope more players here in this forum spend more. 

50 healthpacks are a lot. The only way I'm going to buy them is if:

1) I'm jumping into PvE SCL 10 as a 4* player or baby champed classic 5* player and I'm going to green check all nodes.

2) a tough PvP where it's filled with boosted Juggernaut, R4G and Bishop/GotG (this specific team) or Thanos PvP.

I will spend, by estimate, at least 30 healthpacks in the above scenario. The beginner support and 2000 red iso-8 are just some free gifts thrown in.  If you are feeling lucky, you might hope for a Rank 4 support. If you do get a helpful Rank 4 support, I think it's 2000HP well spent.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if you factor in the PVP shard reward 5*s? does that bring anything back inline?
    PVP 5* shards are simply alphabetical and are a separate reward schedule. 

So, unfortunately no. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Nice. Wish the Classic Legends rotation was as simple to figure out!
    Maybe they’re streamlining it too. I think the Crash of the Titan has been following the second names alphabetically. Star Lord is Awesome Mix vol 2. If the Classic 5* essential follows that too, then next would be Spider-Man (Back in Black).
    Nope. Next up is Ock according to the OP. 
    My guess is they are going release order, bringing 2019 last appearances. So my guess after doc ock is DD (Matt Murdock) then Thor (gladiator)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    axmoss said:
    OJSP said:
    Nice. Wish the Classic Legends rotation was as simple to figure out!
    Maybe they’re streamlining it too. I think the Crash of the Titan has been following the second names alphabetically. Star Lord is Awesome Mix vol 2. If the Classic 5* essential follows that too, then next would be Spider-Man (Back in Black).
    Nope. Next up is Ock according to the OP. 
    My guess is they are going release order, bringing 2019 last appearances. So my guess after doc ock is DD (Matt Murdock) then Thor (gladiator)
    That's the closest thing to a sensible pattern I've seen so far.

Our classics so far have been Iron Man, Banner, Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, and now Doc Ock. The first three are in release order (if you assume First Avenger Cap comes before Iron Man, since they released at the same time), and so are the next three.

The problem is that it skips Black Widow, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther. And right now we've got a small enough glimpse at the overall pattern that we don't know if the pattern you've noticed is coincidence, or deliberate.

Either way, I'm making note to see if it continues in some way after Ock. The pattern isn't absolutely necessary, but being able to plan lets us exert control over RNG, which makes it easier to exist alongside a business model that doesn't want us to have that control (so we are encouraged to spend money).
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any chance we will see an update in regards to Character rebalances, feeders or 5 star acquisition rates to name a short few.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Legion as a featured champion... Can we skip him? Like forever. Geez, I hate his desing and being forced to use him is pain in the **** for me.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* feeder update, please.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Updated the post with new info across the board! Also working on the bones for another upcoming announcement that some people may have been hearing scuttlebutt about. Probably have that out Thursday-ish.
    **please be bishop nerf**
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Updated the post with new info across the board! Also working on the bones for another upcoming announcement that some people may have been hearing scuttlebutt about. Probably have that out Thursday-ish.
    Thanks for the update, but PLEASE can you re-add the weekly boosted characters?
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    IceIX said:
    No way bro, nerf Polaris first, she's way more broken.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Is it going to be saved teams or Bishop nerf?   >:)
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone have an idea about this skuttlebutt? Is it a reference to BRB?!?  :D;)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone have an idea about this skuttlebutt? Is it a reference to BRB?!?  :D;)
    While it IS the name of BRB's ship, I think IceIX is referring to general gossip.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Both in one glorious announcement would easily be my best moment of the year. MPQ X-Mas in September. Make it happen!!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    IceIX said:
    No way bro, nerf Polaris first, she's way more broken.
    Broken= Totally destroys Gritty . 
    I never had beaten Gritty, now I intentionally hunt for it for easy wins . I guess 90% of players need a new defense team now. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Both in one glorious announcement would easily be my best moment of the year. MPQ X-Mas in September. Make it happen!!
    Hey, gotta save something for the Anniversary....hopefully one or the other now, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It's probably Bishop nerf since "Saved Team" has already been assumed to be mentioned in the RN. I guess Polaris is the Gritty counter to replace Bishop.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this talk of Bishop being less or more deserving of a nerf, compared to Polaris... made me cringe.

Because NOW I had the silly idea to include BOTH on ONE team, with BRB as the 3rd.

"Thanks for the blue, Bishop!  Now, lets see... 4 turn stun for 10?  ...nah, how about the lesser stun for 7, but comes with Strikes?!  Oh wait... is that Apoc with his mutant buddies?  Can't stun him?  I guess I'll just CLASH OF THE WORTHY."

I mean... THREE SOLID OPTIONS with Bishop just getting tapped a bit.  Yikes.  Nightmare fuel.