What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Forget nerfing Bishop. That ship has sailed as the meta is fast moving past him other than fewer and fewer select cases.
    In addition to saved teams I'm hoping is the long long asked for fix for the mindless ones/AIM minions soul numbing slow speed. That would be worth getting excited about.
    KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate mindless ones.

the destroy my will to play the events they are featured in
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    axmoss said:
    OJSP said:
    Nice. Wish the Classic Legends rotation was as simple to figure out!
    Maybe they’re streamlining it too. I think the Crash of the Titan has been following the second names alphabetically. Star Lord is Awesome Mix vol 2. If the Classic 5* essential follows that too, then next would be Spider-Man (Back in Black).
    Nope. Next up is Ock according to the OP. 
    My guess is they are going release order, bringing 2019 last appearances. So my guess after doc ock is DD (Matt Murdock) then Thor (gladiator)
    That's the closest thing to a sensible pattern I've seen so far.

Our classics so far have been Iron Man, Banner, Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, and now Doc Ock. The first three are in release order (if you assume First Avenger Cap comes before Iron Man, since they released at the same time), and so are the next three.

The problem is that it skips Black Widow, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther. And right now we've got a small enough glimpse at the overall pattern that we don't know if the pattern you've noticed is coincidence, or deliberate.
    5trange - 2/24/20.
    Black widow (Natasha) - 2/20/20
    Black panther (civil war) -6/28/20

My guess is that if they were featured in 2020, they will be skipped. We'll see with Matt Murdock as his last essential was 12/23/20.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Updated the post with new info across the board! Also working on the bones for another upcoming announcement that some people may have been hearing scuttlebutt about. Probably have that out Thursday-ish.
    From The Hunt preview "Event Rules" screen

The number of boosted characters for the 3-star and 4-star tier seems to have been reduced from 5 to 4, and they're being pulled out of their "normal" rotation for what appears to be a theme.  Is this a long-term change?
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    The number of boosted characters for the 3-star and 4-star tier seems to have been reduced from 5 to 4, and they're being pulled out of their "normal" rotation for what appears to be a theme.  Is this a long-term change?
    Usually when that happened, it’s because the characters overlap with the essential list.
    Mr. Fantastic was just boosted two weeks ago, along with the rest of the F4.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    What a garbage set on this event. I guess I can drop to SCL 9 for vacation.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    axmoss said:
    JHawkInc said:
    axmoss said:
    OJSP said:
    Nice. Wish the Classic Legends rotation was as simple to figure out!
    Maybe they’re streamlining it too. I think the Crash of the Titan has been following the second names alphabetically. Star Lord is Awesome Mix vol 2. If the Classic 5* essential follows that too, then next would be Spider-Man (Back in Black).
    Nope. Next up is Ock according to the OP. 
    My guess is they are going release order, bringing 2019 last appearances. So my guess after doc ock is DD (Matt Murdock) then Thor (gladiator)
    That's the closest thing to a sensible pattern I've seen so far.

Our classics so far have been Iron Man, Banner, Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, and now Doc Ock. The first three are in release order (if you assume First Avenger Cap comes before Iron Man, since they released at the same time), and so are the next three.

The problem is that it skips Black Widow, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther. And right now we've got a small enough glimpse at the overall pattern that we don't know if the pattern you've noticed is coincidence, or deliberate.
    5trange - 2/24/20.
    Black widow (Natasha) - 2/20/20
    Black panther (civil war) -6/28/20

My guess is that if they were featured in 2020, they will be skipped. We'll see with Matt Murdock as his last essential was 12/23/20.
    Except we saw Banner 1/16/20.

And really, that doesn't make sense as a pattern. If they had just followed the old pattern, they would still be doing classic 5's last seen in 2019 anyways. So there's no reason to change from the old pattern to a new pattern that is essentially the same (focusing on characters last seen in 2019), but shuffles them around for no reason.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Maybe they are doing it in terms of coverage of the average players from x group, based on what their data showed them?

When they removed the latest 12 and changed it to the current odds that we have, they mentioned that they would be expecting a more consistent coverage(?) of 4*. Things have changed now after shards, but this could be why? I think they look at their data every few months and then make necessary changes based on what they see and what they want to achieve for the game as a whole?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    @JHawkInc

Lol. Thinking d3 can keep a predictable schedule? They just changed the ddq 3s schedule twice in a summer
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    @UNC_Samurai

So, this morning we see a bundle offer which includes all-boosted characters....2 of the 4s and 2 of the 3s.

I guess this is what they are aiming for?  Making the boosted list and offers line up or something?  Maybe targeting characters that people like but are less well-covered?

It's also possible they shifted things a bit for Anniversary and the leadup, or something.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    axmoss said:
    @JHawkInc

Lol. Thinking d3 can keep a predictable schedule? They just changed the ddq 3s schedule twice in a summer
    The 5-star Classic rotation, the one we're talking about, has followed the same schedule since October 2017, when 5-star Essentials first started.

The fact of the matter is that they follow a lot of predictable schedules. It's far easier to do that than it is to make it up as you go along, and it ensures a more even rotation of things. They just don't share the schedule. So we're left in the dark when it changes.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    When is the next 5 going to be announced  ?

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2020
    When does Apoc leave latest legends? I’m two covers short but should score enough shards over the next to week to craft a cover. Wondering how long I’ve got to get that last cover.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Probably September 7th. Another 4 days or so. 
  • bluewolf
    I think it'll be the 8th, since the 7th is Labor Day and the devs are probably out of the office.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I think it'll be the 8th, since the 7th is Labor Day and the devs are probably out of the office.

In what country labor day is in september?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    bluewolf said:

In what country labor day is in september?
    Here in the United States, where the dev team is located, Monday is Labor Day.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    To be on the safe side, plan for the 7th.  Not sure if this is a manual process or they can schedule it ahead of time.  SInce, it's a routine thing, it may just be automated...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf said:
    To be on the safe side, plan for the 7th.  Not sure if this is a manual process or they can schedule it ahead of time.  SInce, it's a routine thing, it may just be automated...
    Personally, I’m pulling everything I can for Apocalypse until he leaves, whichever date that is.