What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So what’s Day 3 on Lost in Time on SCL 10 like ? Is everyone level 650?
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ramblin' Man is wandering without a destination and/ or talking repetitively....5 Star Deadpool?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Were any superheroes born in the back of a Greyhound bus?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Were any superheroes born in the back of a Greyhound bus?
    We have Johnny Blaze and Robert Reyes but no Danny Ketch Ghost Rider yet....Marvel seems to have basically retired him, but why not?  Although he was born in Brooklyn, NY.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sure it's a week or two too late for New Mutants, but what about Cannonball?

See @DAZ0273 below.  I guess it would help if I knew the song and was going off of more than the first few lines from Wikipedia :)
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ramblin' Man is wandering without a destination and/ or talking repetitively....5 Star Deadpool?
    Going with the babbling/ talking like a crazy person definition of rambling.  I'll go with 5 star Maximus the Mad.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure it's a week or two too late for New Mutants, but what about Cannonball?

Hmm...  he is from Kentucky so what is mentioned in the song?
    Father - Gambler in Georgia - Oh - USAGent is from Georgia and his father does end up on the wrong end of a gun
    Born in a Greyhound Bus travelling up Highway 41 - that goes through Kentucky I think? So is possible I guess for Cannonball.
    Going to New Orleans this morning - we have 5* Gambit already
    Out of Memphis Tennessee - 5* Elvis!
    It probably has nothing to do with the song!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @IceIX

Thank you for the update. As an example of how this information leads to increased revenue (and a more satisfied customer):

I need 400 shards to get another cover for 5* Doctor Octopus. I need another 15 Carnage covers just to get 100 shards as a champ reward. If Doc comes up in a daily shard offer, there is no way I'm spending the HP to buy 20 times to get 400 shards.

Now that I know he's going to be featured in the future, I can conservatively count on getting 325 shards between progression and placement, leaving me needing only 75 for another cover. If he shows up as a daily shard offer, I will absolutely now buy 4 times (80 shards).

Where does that HP come from? In part, my HP revenue, but mostly, my purchases. And I'm happy to support the game. And Doc Oc is not the only character on my roster that fits a situation like this. So thank you, I hope this demonstrates another element of value we get from having these updates to go along with what I suspect is at least a little revenue boost for you all.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I actually find that unconvincing. It seems like the HP already comes from part of your (regular) purchase(s). However, if you said that you bought additional HP resources immediately on top of what you have been purchasing, and the reason you did it is because of this knowledge, then it will be very convincing.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought that was exactly what I said: I’m spending more HP because of this knowledge and thus I’m buying more resources. So in case it wasn’t, let me be clear: I’m spending more HP because of this knowledge and buying more resources to get the extra HP I’m spending.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks like they just alphabetized the DDQ required node as well , starting at Colossus
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice. Wish the Classic Legends rotation was as simple to figure out!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    50 health packs + a beginner support token for 2k hp; curious how that deal will work out for everyone?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Nice. Wish the Classic Legends rotation was as simple to figure out!
    Maybe they’re streamlining it too. I think the Crash of the Titan has been following the second names alphabetically. Star Lord is Awesome Mix vol 2. If the Classic 5* essential follows that too, then next would be Spider-Man (Back in Black).
    Nope. Next up is Ock according to the OP. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    50 health packs + a beginner support token for 2k hp; curious how that deal will work out for everyone?
    Skip, but kudos for pumping out health pack sponges and then trying to profit. Seems like a natural progression.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Nope. Next up is Ock according to the OP. 
    Ah yes, the placement reward. I forgot about that :lol: Oh well, I guess we’ll have to refer back to the previous pattern? I don’t know if the sequence is still similar anymore.
    Nope. They've gone through the sequence four times, and for the most part it stayed in order (a couple special events of 5-star costumes moved people), and the pattern for adding new characters to the classic rotation stayed consistent (we saw where Latest characters in the first run were added to the second, and could predict where Latest characters in the second run would be added to the third).

Then, the 5th run? Started first of July, and not one classic 5 since then has followed the pre-existing pattern or even something close to it, and (so far) we haven't figured out a possible new pattern (such as doing them alphabetically or by release order or something we could use to predict future classic 5's).

Spent 3 years tracking this and they threw the road map out the window.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if you factor in the PVP shard reward 5*s? does that bring anything back inline?