SCL10 Mission Changes

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    The top 20 in my slice must not know to stop at 3 clears...
    Well,  considering that the only news that has been posted in game was about hp sweepstakes,  iso sale, and anti-venom, how would anyone that plays the game know about the changes? 
    It would be nice if there was some kind of in-game message.

It's possible some of the 4-clear-crowd were just aiming for progression, but I'm sure others are just doing their 4 clears like always.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    grunth13 said:
    The top 20 in my slice must not know to stop at 3 clears...
    Well,  considering that the only news that has been posted in game was about hp sweepstakes,  iso sale, and anti-venom, how would anyone that plays the game know about the changes? 
    It would be nice if there was some kind of in-game message.

It's possible some of the 4-clear-crowd were just aiming for progression, but I'm sure others are just doing their 4 clears like always.
    Very true.   Considering that the estimate is about 100k play this game,  and only about a 100 are on the OFFICIAL game message board,  they really should have made an announcement in game. 
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Even knowing about the changes I had to stop myself from going on autopilot.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After doing 1 sub of 3-clears: it's an improvement over 4-clearing for sure.  But I can't honestly say that I felt like I saved a lot of time.  It was still ~30 matches, several of which were against very high level opponents with 6-digit health, and burning all that down takes time.  (Also, this sub was not in any way challenging for my roster.  Taskmaster is basically a pushover in challenge nodes, so the only trick is denying GG black).
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    hello guys :) doing 3x each node give the same points as doing 4x each node before the changes? for max prog effects. thanks :)
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My initial grind shaved off 15-20 minutes. Tough to be sure because the 5E wasn’t a beast and the Challenge Node wasn’t a challenge, but even so, around 50 minutes for the three clears, and that was slower than usual because the KK essentials went pretty slow for me.

I’ve liked very few of the changes in 2020 - either negatives or neutral for me. But if this holds, and I’m able to get roughly similar placement for 3/1 clears as I did with 4/2? I’m gonna go back to spending a little money because around the time I start to wonder why I’m playing this game for this long, I’m done.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wymtime said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    bluewolf said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Please tell me the point inflation for CL10 is a mistake, or will be made up when we grind.

When CL10 rolled out, the devs were clear that CL9 and CL10 would have the same points for alliance placement purposes. For the most part, with well known mistakes (which are not large enough to play around with alliance placement), they've done that, allowing people to choose 9 or 10 for the top alliances.

Unless the grind is significantly different, this is now completely broken (CL10 was 14310 for round 1 FFW, where CL9 was 12720). Essentially D3 is saying that if you're in a T25 alliance you MUST play in CL10. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing (other than I would have to re-think my life choices), but yesterday's announcement said NOTHING ABOUT THIS. 

I am withholding judgement until tomorrow when it's clear what the impact is, but the results this morning were not positive.

Once again, we have a potentially positive change with bad messaging and a bad rollout, thus removing the goodwill from the potentially positive change. Good job!

Perhaps that point spread is a little excessive, but I personally think CL10 should have *some* extra points over 9. I can't count how many events I've played near perfectly in 10 and I barely qualify (or don't qualify at all) for the top KA team because all the CL9 players have 20 minute clears and 25 minute grinds to my 35 minute clears and 45-50 minute grinds. It was all down to the fact that they could get timers started sooner and let them recharge for longer for more points per node. 

Just felt like another way I was being slighted for doing 10 over 9.
    Yes, but you got 1/2 a 5, more CP, another 1 1/4 4s and various other benefits over the guys who got an LT which 85% of the time is some 4 you don't give one whit about how many levels is on it, except for if it gives you ANOTHER LT which maybe this time is a 5 you wanted.  I never feel that bad about missing LTs myself.

That said, I agree.  Should be some more points in 10?  With shorter clear times, I'd be much more comfortable with this position over the prior time commitment and points being the same.
    What you say regarding the progression rewards is true, and I probably should have acknowledged that, because a big reason why I continue to put up with the hassle that is CL10 are the rewards. 

But it's my personal opinion that if you're making the natural progression to CL10 from CL9, you shouldn't be penalized by earning fewer points, making it harder to get a spot in a T10 team. Every LT contributes to progress one way or another, whether it's a 4* champ reward or a 5* cover/champ reward. 

I had an easier time sitting in Prime while playing CL9 rather than CL10, which is somewhat counterintuitive.
    To take a look at CL 10 and the new points CL10 does not look to have more points.  The points are just distributed between less clears.  This means a final grind of 2 clears instead of 3 for maximum points.  

So what this means if you want max progression in CL9 you do 7 total clears in CL10 it should be 5.  This is why in CL10 the green check mark is at 4 clears.
    I disagree. When the timer started, the node value was reduced by ⅓, just like always. So the final clears will also need to be 3x. 

My guess is that they botched their calculations. But I would personally prefer the scoring to be this way, as it provides more wiggle room to reach full progression. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's wait for Slice 1 Guinea Pigs to report back if it's 3+3 or 3+2.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As this was my first day in SCL 10 I can’t compare it to the old school , but I am certainly glad to have the repetitiveness chopped off by 25% from SCL 9, regardless of time . I personally didn’t think it was as scary as everyone whines it is. Even the challenge node was unremarkable.  The rewards are way better, I’d have to be crazy to go back down to 8 or 9, these battles can at least provide some challenge. And I was never a bully anyway , so there’s no honor competing down there . I’d feel like a high school senior beating up a 6th grader. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, having played the first round of clears I gotta say it's definitely an improvement time-wise, while difficulty wasn't really impacted. So, I guess that's good.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    gravel said:

It's 3+3, I'm in S1.
    It wasn't even a question.  The node points dropped to 2/3 (by 1/3) after the 3rd hit which meant it would be a 3x grind to get to 0.

They would have to drop to 50% value to be a 2x.

This may or may not be hard for the devs to accomplish, having the node point decrease be different only in SCL10.  My guess is hard?  Anyway.

-----

Sub 2 opening is 19032 in SCL10.

Sub 2 opening is 16916 in SCL9.

A difference of 2,116.

I played pretty optimal (30 min clears within start/end) so far and have 36,410 points.

Top guy in my ally in 10 has 43,883.

I think some official communication on this matter is warranted.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    gravel said:

It's 3+3, I'm in S1.
    It wasn't even a question.
    I responded to someone who was asking for in game confirmation, so it was a question for them.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation. So, it's 3+3 and players save between 5-15 mins per day, depending on their roster strengths.

Top players can clear within ~20 mins, and those with the right 5* with level slightly higher than 450 (460-480?) can clear it in ~30 mins. Some cleared SCL 10 in 1.5 hours. It's quite a big difference.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation. So, it's 3+3 and players save between 5-15 mins per day, depending on their roster strengths.

Top players can clear within ~20 mins, and those with the right 5* with level slightly higher than 450 (460-480?) can clear it in ~30 mins. Some cleared SCL 10 in 1.5 hours. It's quite a big difference.
    I'm pretty sure the gap between players with 550s and 460s is a lot more than 10 minutes.

I mean I guess it depends on the player but I think it'll still be like 40 minutes for a fast 460 player at minimum.  Depends on the event, I guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Any top 5 players in SCL 10 can share their previous 4 + 3 clear?  20 mins clear time seem to be fast. (3H + 3E + 1C) x 4 clears = 28 clears. Are they clearing these nodes in 30-45 seconds on average? It's between 14 mins to 21 mins.