SCL10 Mission Changes

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For Infinite Pursuit I've been running Okoye and XPool on CL10's 5E node.

With this team I don't have to chase Blue gems because XPool generates an X-Enforcer tile anytime either Hawkeye or Okoye take too big of a hit, and every time an X-Enforcer counter counts down Hawkeye generates Red and Blue AP.

It's not meta fast, but it's been getting the job done in a reliable manner, and with a good finish tonight I should have my first T10 in CL10.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:
    If your Gamora is in front, she'll go first for her passive... so she can count his purple special tile, kill the enemy before Coulson's countdowns tick down. 
    Good tip and I agree about the pros/cons of using WorthyCap. But, just a minor correction: Coulson and Gamora’s positioning doesn’t really matter. Gamora’s black passive check is done at the beginning of the turn, while the countdown tiles tick during the board check from top left to bottom right irrespective to whom the owners are. So, her passive will always trigger before Coulson’s purple CD.
    ...really?  I mean... I could've SWORN I got tinykitty'd by that in the past.  For real.  I can plainly remember  a time when I had Coulson in front, and that purple tile triggered before Gamora used it to kill someone (and of course, a new blank purple dropped down to replace it).

If you're correct -- great!  No more worrying about placement of peeps for me... 
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Plus, it was already mentioned, but supports mean so much!  I have my Wong (heh) on HE, and Gamora has the rank 3 Milano (45% chance to start with 3 black [easier to get 6 purple specials out], and nearly 40% chance of making an extra purple strike tile when she uses an active power).  Along with Wong, this allows me to remove enemy specials, and replace with with my own so much more efficiently, to allow Gamora to insta-kill someone.  More often than not, I'm purposely matching my own fortified CDs when all the purples are mine, so that less tiles will drop from above... making for better odds of getting that kill.

That's a good idea. I forgot I had a rank 4 Milano still on Grocket. Throwing that on Gamora for black and purple AP. It's so satisfying to match 2 fortified blue tiles, so only 1 tile falls for Gamora's purple.

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    i have to agree.  Sure, I don't run for placement -- just progression... but I run 3 of these challenge nodes each time...

with my 7 cover HE.  I only generate 2 blue and red each CD tiles.

HE/Coulson/Gamora for me.  It still works.  I don't even use the AP boosts for the first win.  Y'all talkin' about blue AP, when you don't even mention that RED is an option to get blue.  You go for blue -- of course!  But if there's none, you go for red.  Shoot a red arrow.  There's 2 CDs out there, one which will generate you 4 AP next turn.

Thanks for the detailed writeup.  I just champed Kate Bishop, getting my Hawkeye at about the minimal level to try some of this (well, almost, 20 shards away from a red cover for a 3/1/1/ build).  In SCL10 I can't compete for speed, but I can still try to hit all the nodes, and this might help with the trickiest CN.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:
    If your Gamora is in front, she'll go first for her passive... so she can count his purple special tile, kill the enemy before Coulson's countdowns tick down. 
    Good tip and I agree about the pros/cons of using WorthyCap. But, just a minor correction: Coulson and Gamora’s positioning doesn’t really matter. Gamora’s black passive check is done at the beginning of the turn, while the countdown tiles tick during the board check from top left to bottom right irrespective to whom the owners are. So, her passive will always trigger before Coulson’s purple CD.
    ...really?  I mean... I could've SWORN I got tinykitty'd by that in the past.  For real.  I can plainly remember  a time when I had Coulson in front, and that purple tile triggered before Gamora used it to kill someone (and of course, a new blank purple dropped down to replace it).

If you're correct -- great!  No more worrying about placement of peeps for me... 

Sometimes that's because Coulson is ticking down countdowns as a result of the match you made at the end of your previous turn, but because the enemy team is Stunlocked, it's easy to miss the transition through their turn and think it's happening at the start of your next turn.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:

Sometimes that's because Coulson is ticking down countdowns as a result of the match you made at the end of your previous turn, but because the enemy team is Stunlocked, it's easy to miss the transition through their turn and think it's happening at the start of your next turn.
    Hmmm... it's been a while since this happened (because I haven't had the incident occur since I switched the order in my line-up, and of course, I attributed it to this)... so MAYBE that's what happened...?

Also... I need to know... how is Spider-Ham the hard counter to Legion?  I smiled when I saw it, and now I need to know why.  :)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Also... I need to know... how is Spider-Ham the hard counter to Legion?  I smiled when I saw it, and now I need to know why.  :)
    I think you should google the 2nd line -  "Luke 8:26-39"   :D
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Kolence said: 
    PiMacleod said:

Who is the closest we have to an exorcist in MPQ? Wiccan? Send him in to cast Legion into the Ham!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m surprised some of you are saying HE-worthy-coulson can lose late. I’ve never lost late always in the first 3 rounds or something. Either 5profx 4-matched me or sometimes real high attack tiles and always possibility of crazy cascade. I’m my guys aren’t high level

HE 452 with level 3 kimoyo beads
    Worthy 294 level 3 Sharon carter
    coulson 317 level 3 taskmaster sword

is it because my enemies are lower level or something? Because I never lose once I stun all 3, but it can take forever which I don’t care because I just play progressions and don’t mind too 200 placement. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kolence said: 
    PiMacleod said:

Who is the closest we have to an exorcist in MPQ? Wiccan? Send him in to cast Legion into the Ham!
    Nightcrawler has been a priest, I believe. Maybe technically still is one. 

So he’d be the goto. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Nightcrawler has been a priest, I believe. Maybe technically still is one. 

So he’d be the goto. 

Or they could add Gabriel the Devil Hunter. His power is he's a trained exorcist.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    I’m surprised some of you are saying HE-worthy-coulson can lose late. I’ve never lost late always in the first 3 rounds or something. Either 5profx 4-matched me or sometimes real high attack tiles and always possibility of crazy cascade. I’m my guys aren’t high level

HE 452 with level 3 kimoyo beads
    Worthy 294 level 3 Sharon carter
    coulson 317 level 3 taskmaster sword

is it because my enemies are lower level or something? Because I never lose once I stun all 3, but it can take forever which I don’t care because I just play progressions and don’t mind too 200 placement. 
    Dont forget... not all of us have a champed HE.  7 covers here.

So, the difference is in how effective HE becomes for you.  Less AP generation per CD, less damage overall...

Worthy would take the hits before HE, so that part is better... but the AP generation mid/late game is so much greater on the Coulson train.  My HE has unfortunately died after just a few lucky cascades, making him the hardest part of my HE/Coulson/Gamora runs... but I only need 1 or 2 arrows out there, to get Coulson's CDs rolling, to get all the AP needed to keep the machine running.

I've definitely run out of AP late game with HE/Worthy.  Maybe it'd be different if I had him champed, so I could max that sweet passive... but then I'd also have the health to last more hits early on with Coulson/Gamora.  So, I don't see myself switching, after playing both ways with only a 7 cover HE.  I'll take the early game gamble, so that way if I lose, I lose early, wasting less time.