SCL10 Mission Changes

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

PiMacleod said:

When I play a PvE to progression, I'm always in top 200 or higher.  I play in the first "slice", but not right away in the morning.  Usually, I'll join in around 10 AM, or even later sometimes.  And I run it casually throughout the day, just doing hits (while working)... I'm doing it as fast as I can, but without trying to stress myself.

So, I'm intrigued to report that for Simulator (where I hit full progression again), I'm in 273rd place.  Not top 200... lower.  This isn't normal.  It doesn't happen EVER in my recollection.  Don't read too deeply on this -- I'm not upset at all.  Once again, I do not care about placement. 

HOWEVER -- if SOOOOOO many people drop down to lower SCLs due to Simulator's difficulty, it sure is not reflected here.  If anything, it tells me that MORE people got in on the grind this time.  Someone might argue that the 5* shards were worth it this time -- but I'd find that very hard to believe.  It was 5* Hawkeye for placement.  Sure, he's nice for completing those challenge nodes, and the countdown-powered meta team, but he's no Okoye, Kitty, BRB, etc, etc... you get my point.
    S1 is one of the two that generally have a flip in SCL10. Could it be that you usually catch the flip, but this time didn't, and ended up in the tougher bracket?
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dropping to 9 for Simulator was excellent. 

15-17min clears and less than 20 minute grinds. 

And T1 placement. So double the amount of LTs and about 20% of the work with no hassle vs the awful Carnage teams on the X nodes. 

Going to 9 is worth it of you get top placement.The progression rewards in 10 don't often beat the placement rewards in 10 and the time saved/hassle free environment of 9 is still better.

PUT BETTER PROGRESSION REWARDS in 10 rather than placement as @SnowcaTT suggested and you can eliminate most of the issues with time investment. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options

PiMacleod said:

When I play a PvE to progression, I'm always in top 200 or higher.  I play in the first "slice", but not right away in the morning.  Usually, I'll join in around 10 AM, or even later sometimes.  And I run it casually throughout the day, just doing hits (while working)... I'm doing it as fast as I can, but without trying to stress myself.

So, I'm intrigued to report that for Simulator (where I hit full progression again), I'm in 273rd place.  Not top 200... lower.  This isn't normal.  It doesn't happen EVER in my recollection.  Don't read too deeply on this -- I'm not upset at all.  Once again, I do not care about placement. 

HOWEVER -- if SOOOOOO many people drop down to lower SCLs due to Simulator's difficulty, it sure is not reflected here.  If anything, it tells me that MORE people got in on the grind this time.  Someone might argue that the 5* shards were worth it this time -- but I'd find that very hard to believe.  It was 5* Hawkeye for placement.  Sure, he's nice for completing those challenge nodes, and the countdown-powered meta team, but he's no Okoye, Kitty, BRB, etc, etc... you get my point.
    S1 is one of the two that generally have a flip in SCL10. Could it be that you usually catch the flip, but this time didn't, and ended up in the tougher bracket?
    1.10.1 didn't Flip until 5:43am PDT Tuesday August 11, being ~26 hours after the event opened.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I will say one thing , Hammerhawk in SCL 10 5E this event is a massacre , Okoye boost naturally. This is why I’ll remain loyal to level 10, I’ve gotten a 5 cover completed every PvE so far (3).
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options

PiMacleod said:

possible?  I dunno -- i don't pay attention to "flips".  I generally start my PvE a few hours after 7AM.  For this day, it was probably around 10:30 EST (3.5 hours after the event started)

I guess the whole reason I stated this was just as a point of data.  People like to generalize a LOT, but when something I see goes against these generalizations, I'd like to share the experience, to let people know that it's not always as it seems.  Of course, the best data is probably in-house for D3, so whatever we THINK we're seeing on our end, might be just the proverbial tip of the iceberg.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of Hawkeye, mine is 3/2/1 with enough shards saved to add 1 more cover with 150 left over toward the next cover (Kate Bishop at L301).
    Would you buy the Blue for 250 cp (I have 3K CP and 300 LTs in my hoard)? I'm still in late 4* stage (Okoye, Kitty fully covered, Apoc at 12, BRB and Thor at 11 plus several mid tier characters like DD, ICE, Storm, Bolt, Strange also fully covered). Or is he niche enough with what I have already in the 5* tier that I can wait and hope he is in a special store?
    KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

Would you buy the Blue for 250 cp (I have 3K CP and 300 LTs in my hoard)? I'm still in late 4* stage (Okoye, Kitty fully covered, Apoc at 12, BRB and Thor at 11 plus several mid tier characters like DD, ICE, Storm, Bolt, Strange also fully covered). Or is he niche enough with what I have already in the 5* tier that I can wait and hope he is in a special store?
    KGB
    I think buying covers in not a good idea, but depends on how much do you want him. Actually the most useful color is his purple, not blue. If you have him so low it could be better to wait for a store imo.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    I think buying covers in not a good idea, but depends on how much do you want him. Actually the most useful color is his purple, not blue. If you have him so low it could be better to wait for a store imo.

Also, be careful about HE.  There is a rumored nerf to both Bishop and WorthyCap.  Without Cap, HE goes back to the dust bin because he is just too slow and too weak.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even without Worthy, you can run HE with Coulson and Gamora on some of the CNs where you need stunlocks. Some use Peggy and HE too. 

Gamora works better in some ways because she stuns two people each time. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
     Just get max progression and I’m usually out of there, new changes are great. I’m reading more , watching my shows etc. I play everyday, get the VIP, buy some HP or some packages once in a while it’s a win win. I’m not in there as much, they make the same amount of money. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Speaking of Hawkeye, mine is 3/2/1 with enough shards saved to add 1 more cover with 150 left over toward the next cover (Kate Bishop at L301).
    KGB
    I have a 2/2/2 HE and that was plenty to cut through the CN with Worthy and Okoye with 0 net damage taken other than 1/2 Captain. I wouldn’t spend CP for an extra cover it’s already overkill 
  • grunth13
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Even without Worthy, you can run HE with Coulson and Gamora on some of the CNs where you need stunlocks. Some use Peggy and HE too. 

True,  except you need to get that first 6 blue ap which can be tough in a cn node where where the 5 star is doing 10k+ damage... how long do you think your 4s and baby 5s will last there?   I have a 550 HE and I wouldn't dare take that team into an end grind because it's too board dependent. 
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    bluewolf said:

True,  except you need to get that first 6 blue ap which can be tough in a cn node where where the 5 star is doing 10k+ damage... how long do you think your 4s and baby 5s will last there?   I have a 550 HE and I wouldn't dare take that team into an end grind because it's too board dependent. 
    AP boosts. Blue Purple + all AP, it's really easy to get blue when you only need to find one match.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I admit the Gamora option isn’t good for attempting an end grind with a baby champ Hawkeye. What can you do though?

The devs obviously created these nodes to be very hard to beat, especially at the end. Which is why the points do not matter for hitting progression. 

Sometimes the CN is too hard for your roster. Oh well, maybe I don’t get an extra 25 5* shards or something in placement.  Or an LT which is 85% of the time one of a hundred different 4* covers.
  • grunth13
    Options
    nwahs086 said:
    grunth13 said:
    bluewolf said:

AP boosts. Blue Purple + all AP, it's really easy to get blue when you only need to find one match.
    Great,  you got 4 ap, how are you getting the next 2 for Gamora?  Don't always have a blue match at the start.  Your baby champ of a HE only has about 50k health.   That's 2 turns against Medusa, 3 to 5 turns against Carnage, maybe a little more or less against Kitty or BRB.  Also, where are you getting the next set of 6ap?   You say you will bring Coulson, great!  That 6ap power from Gamora puts 1 countdown tile that gives back 3 blue and 2 red note you still need another blue match before you can start again.   That gave you 2 turns of relief from 2 members of the ai team,  but the 3rd is still going.   Which is significant because the 3 stars at 650 are still doing 3k o 4.5k for a simple match 3.  Usually we are facing 4 star and 5 star in challenge node which do more.   Also someone said bring Peggy,  sounds great,  except you need 11 ap to get her started.   Now the big kicker in the nether regions in all this is health unless these 4s are boosted,  your health pool is very low.   Gamora is 28k, Peggy is 30k, Coulson is 32k... at 370.  The best part about Worthy was the 4 countdowns vs 1 to keep the battery going,  but the second best part was the reduction of damage by 35%.  That gives him significant staying power during a grind.   Now,  if you are only going for progression,  you can mess with this all day long and only play when you get a good board.   That will work,  but if you are doing this at the end grind,  plan missing nodes,  losing placement,  etc.
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    nwahs086 said:
    grunth13 said:
    bluewolf said:

Great,  you got 4 ap, how are you getting the next 2 for Gamora?  Don't always have a blue match at the start.  Your baby champ of a HE only has about 50k health.   That's 2 turns against Medusa, 3 to 5 turns against Carnage, maybe a little more or less against Kitty or BRB.  Also, where are you getting the next set of 6ap?   You say you will bring Coulson, great!  That 6ap power from Gamora puts 1 countdown tile that gives back 3 blue and 2 red note you still need another blue match before you can start again.   That gave you 2 turns of relief from 2 members of the ai team,  but the 3rd is still going.   Which is significant because the 3 stars at 650 are still doing 3k o 4.5k for a simple match 3.  Usually we are facing 4 star and 5 star in challenge node which do more.   Also someone said bring Peggy,  sounds great,  except you need 11 ap to get her started.   Now the big kicker in the nether regions in all this is health unless these 4s are boosted,  your health pool is very low.   Gamora is 28k, Peggy is 30k, Coulson is 32k... at 370.  The best part about Worthy was the 4 countdowns vs 1 to keep the battery going,  but the second best part was the reduction of damage by 35%.  That gives him significant staying power during a grind.   Now,  if you are only going for progression,  you can mess with this all day long and only play when you get a good board.   That will work,  but if you are doing this at the end grind,  plan missing nodes,  losing placement,  etc.
    Have you ever played Hawkeye/Coulson? One blue match and you can stunlock 2 characters. Coulson generates a countdown that generates 3 blue and 2 red. Use Hawkeye's red and next turn you stun 3rd character, rinse, repeat. If you can't get blue, getting a few purple will allow you to get blue. If you can't survive one or two turns then you're either fighting the Gritty challenge node or you got a bad cascade. Also, match 5's exist, so I've beaten many challenge nodes without getting damage. Medusa doesn't do damage until the beginning of their second turn so, you can survive pretty easily.
  • grunth13
    Options
    nwahs086 said:
    grunth13 said:
    nwahs086 said:
    grunth13 said:
    bluewolf said:

Have you ever played Hawkeye/Coulson? One blue match and you can stunlock 2 characters. Coulson generates a countdown that generates 3 blue and 2 red. Use Hawkeye's red and next turn you stun 3rd character, rinse, repeat. If you can't get blue, getting a few purple will allow you to get blue. If you can't survive one or two turns then you're either fighting the Gritty challenge node or you got a bad cascade. Also, match 5's exist, so I've beaten many challenge nodes without getting damage. Medusa doesn't do damage until the beginning of their second turn so, you can survive pretty easily.
    I'm sorry,  I must be a newbie that doesn't play this game.  If you read my post,  you need that first blue match,  which again isn't always guaranteed.   You are talking about optimal performance and I'm taking about realistic end grind.   If you read my post,  I said this will work if all you care for is progression,  but this is not reasonable if you are looking for placement.