SCL10 Mission Changes

Comments

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    My crazy suggestion? Make the Challenge node start at max level and worth points on the first hit, then take all the points that would have been gained in subsequent hits and divide them up amongst all other nodes. 

You can get additional rewards from the Challenge node if you choose to hit it more, but if you choose not to, then no harm nor foul to your score. You can attempt these additional rewards whenever you want over the course of the remainder of the sub at your leisure. 

Basically, make it how it was initially advertised. 😉

Because right now on sub 3 of Venom Bomb, I'm planning an hour for my grind, and a big reason why is to allow for three hits on this particularly heinous Challenge node. I've seen CL9 folks say they're planning on 25 minute grinds. If I'm a player looking to reduce the real world impact of this game on my time, there's no competing with that.

This is a much better solution. I hope the devs will consider it.
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Sounds like a positive change.  To clarify - optimal play is now 3 initial clears, followed by 3 clears at the end, correct?

Am I the only one that understood that it's 3 and 1? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like a positive change.  To clarify - optimal play is now 3 initial clears, followed by 3 clears at the end, correct?

Am I the only one that understood that it's 3 and 1? 
    For progression.  You can grind past the 1 clear for more points if you want.  
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    Why reduce node rewards from 6 to 4 if it's only one less clear.  Hopefully the ones eliminated are the lesser like ISO and not CP or tokens.  Overall it seems there is too much reduction for one less clear per node.  There's approximately 10 nodes per round so we're out 20 node rewards in addition to the shard reduction.  So if an event is 3 days you lose about 60 node rewards per event.
  • bluewolf
    MrPlow said:
    Why reduce node rewards from 6 to 4 if it's only one less clear.  Hopefully the ones eliminated are the lesser like ISO and not CP or tokens.  Overall it seems there is too much reduction for one less clear per node.
    I wish the reduction was more than one clear, too.  As far as node rewards, it's easy to combine a bunch of iso ones into one rewards (or two, I guess).  It would really stink if we lose some tokens or CP.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    MrPlow said:
    Why reduce node rewards from 6 to 4 if it's only one less clear.  Hopefully the ones eliminated are the lesser like ISO and not CP or tokens.  Overall it seems there is too much reduction for one less clear per node.
    I wish the reduction was more than one clear, too.  As far as node rewards, it's easy to combine a bunch of iso ones into one rewards (or two, I guess).  It would really stink if we lose some tokens or CP.
    SCL 9 seems more rewarding if you don't give a **** about the 5* character for the shards in progression.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The fewer clears needed will be nice. I'm assuming that means those first 3 clears will be worth more points though? It would to have grind more because of having one less clear.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Is this the same Fight for Wakanda with the heinous hazard tiles that typically only benefit the AI team because they count down at the start of the AI team's turn thus giving them the AP from any cascades? 
    Is this the same Fight for Wakanda that everyone loves to hate, which will see a large number of CL10 players drop down to 9, and CL9 players down to 8, and so on?
    This is the event that you're choosing to field test new changes to CL10?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Is this the same Fight for Wakanda with the heinous hazard tiles that typically only benefit the AI team because they count down at the start of the AI team's turn thus giving them the AP from any cascades? 
    Is this the same Fight for Wakanda that everyone loves to hate, which will see a large number of CL10 players drop down to 9, and CL9 players down to 8, and so on?
    This is the event that you're choosing to field test new changes to CL10?
    Didn't they take the hazard tiles out last time they ran it?
  • bluewolf
    Yes, the hazard tiles were removed. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he missed out playing the revamped FfW. He's still in 2018.  :D
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I hope this works out. Perhaps just simply adding a couple 5s to the weekly buff list would have helped. Could change the meta in pvp every week as well. Just a thought.
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm surprised some are hard up for 50 4* shards and 650 iso-8. The time saved should be about about 15-20mins per day.

Is saving a total of 45mins to 1 hour for 3 day pve worth the tradeoff of 50 4* shards and 650 iso-8?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2020
    They did mention something about making change that affects the veteran players in the near future in the livestream a few days back. It was not direct but it was one of the possibilities.

I think 45min to 1 hour time saved for 3 days pve is significant. It could be more or less depending on how many clears and how fast that player can clear.

The founder of Demiurge has been quite straightforward (2013/2014 interview?) with how they tune the economy, so it shouldn't be a surprise. It's not even a secret. You can google for that 2013/2014 interview split into 7-8 parts. I'm sure someone else can remember it.

By now, players should be expecting tradeoff with the changes. The next round of tradeoff should be in Anniversary.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    They did mention something about making change that affects the veteran players in the near future in the livestream a few days back. It was not direct but it was one of the possibilities.

I think 45min to 1 hour time saved for 3 days pve is significant. It could be more or less depending on how many clears and how fast that player can clear.

The founder of Demiurge has been quite straightforward (2013/2014 interview?) with how they tune the economy, so it shouldn't be a surprise. It's not even a secret. You can google for that 2013/2014 interview split into 7-8 parts. I'm sure someone else can remember it.

By now, players should be expecting tradeoff with the changes. The next round of tradeoff should be in Anniversary.
    It's more like 10 minutes total. 1 less easy clear.