Next Character Release Announcement (5/7/20 Release)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the feedback. I have questions like anyone else, but they have been voiced by others for the most part, so I'll just say we greatly appreciate the communication, and get right to commenting on the juicy character bits.

Yelena Belova was already far enough into development that it made sense to finish her up and release her. 
    So, our short term plans were short circuited by recent events. With cinematic releases, we normally tend to plan a bit more in the way of tie-ins, which in this case included another character release.

Sounds like a Red Guardian 4* to me. Could be an MCU Taskmaster that's more movie themed and not Limited. Could also be a second 4-star Widow that's based on the new movie, though a costume with her blonde/red hair and white outfit wouldn't be a bad idea instead. I'm not super opposed to variants like many people (I totally get why, but I appreciate having many versions of characters represented as well), so another ScarJo Widow wouldn't be a bad thing in my book.

I won’t spoil who it is, but I’ll say that they’re among the top fan favorite bad guys who people have definitely wanted in a 5-Star capacity. They’re also not an alternative version of an already released character, so you’ll have an all new powerhouse to play with!

So not Magneto. Then... Red Skull and Omega Red sound most likely. I think the support for Omega Red is louder these days, but if it's been in the works for a while, Red Skull would fit the bill. Maybe Apocalypse? Not playable, so it wouldn't be an alternate, but he IS in the game already. I don't think anyone else is as highly requested (though we see plenty of Dormammu or Mephisto or Electro/Lizard/Shocker/SpideyVillain)

• JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2020
    so we still dont have an explanation about the rewards changing. This feels like we are getting a 5\5\4 release now, theyre just "testing the water". could this mean we are getting ready to shift into the release of 6* (highly doubt it) but its an idea. 

you guys are taking away resources and still adding ways to take it faster from us. 

I agree with alot of players who are writing before me. you could of either not released anything OR make this character a 4* and you wouldnt be getting a backlash from the players.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh and a Friday data dump to add.  This is going back a few years when they would always dump bad info on a Friday and run out the door.  The more and more I think about this and looking at other comments, this is by far the worst decision that D3/Demi could make.  Only 1 other time since 5* were released did we have this and it was a duel release of IM46 and Cap for Civil War.  That release made sense at that time, but this doesn’t.  This seems like a pure money grab during one of the darkest times of our life time. Well done. 
    The first run of Civil War is literally what drew me into this game. I obviously wasn't at the 5* tier, so wasn't really paying attention to it and my memory could be hazy on this, but didn't the first run of CW reward an actual cover for IM46 or FA Cap depending on which side you picked? 

The point being, even with a dual 5* release, there was still a way to earn at least one full cover for at least one of them. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I don't see how it "made sense to finish her up and release her" doesn't directly relate with "just the way things ended up working out."  Like thinking it was an accident that two 5*s were released in a row, but a conscious decision was made to finish and release Yelena on time, in the first place.  
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    so we still dont have an explanation about the rewards changing. This feels like we are getting a 5\5\4 release now, theyre just "testing the water".
    Yeah I have a hard time buying into the innocent act.  "This is 'not' a new normal" doesn't provide any relief.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for letting the players in here know in advance about the the next release being a 5*, even though it's not going to change their opinions of how things should be run. The company should have taken some hits to their incomes, so that it will make some happy and they will spend enough to make up for the losses incurred.

I'm excited to see how the Alliance Event will be upgraded (hopefully), and I'm looking forward to the new Shield Training.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    I doubt they'll give something back in return like a few extra weeks off from new covers.   IMO this is just them telling us to get ready for a new normal and we should be grateful that we got a heads up this time and threw in an alliance event in return.