MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2020 (Updated 4/21/20)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm really curious about the differences between knowing information up to 7 days in advance and 8 to 12 hours in advance, as far as levelling characters are concerned.

Let's say you know X character will be required in the following PvE after the next one, how does levelling up that character 7 days before that PvE start help?

The biggest advantage will probably be in PvP for those deciding whether to sell their 3* character to fund their 4* or 5*?

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options

Looks like we're resetting back to the I's in PvP rewards. I feel like this happened last year as well.

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Xair said:
    Hi dev team, or whoever is in charge of updating the forum.
    the most important news on the forum from my perspective it this "MPQ Sneak Peek".
    i don't understand why have you stopped updating it in time, in the past few months.
    if it is too much work to update the forum with this information, because it's too much work to give us all the information, i would be happy with a more concise format, that just stats what are the coming stories, and which are the essential champions for those stories.
    pls consider releasing this information in a timely manner, because it is an integral part of the game, since this game is about progression, and knowing which char should i invest my iso in, is a progression

I think we all understand why this sneak peak isn’t maintained anymore , it stopped being moderated competently when the previous moderator left and IceX took over . I don’t see that ever changing until we get a new moderator again

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@argle_bargle said:
    Looks like we're resetting back to the I's in PvP rewards. I feel like this happened last year as well.

I hope not. I hope it’s a Hulkbuster pvp. We reset into the I’s in late December! I brought this up in another post, maybe they can still adjust.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82068/pvp-rewards-4-covers-i-hope-im-wrong-but#latest

• bluewolf
    edited April 2020
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I'm really curious about the differences between knowing information up to 7 days in advance and 8 to 12 hours in advance, as far as levelling characters are concerned.

Let's say you know X character will be required in the following PvE after the next one, how does levelling up that character 7 days before that PvE start help?

The biggest advantage will probably be in PvP for those deciding whether to sell their 3* character to fund their 4* or 5*?

On the one hand, you’re right. If you’re not sure what’s coming you can be conservative about what you do to control for unexpected needs.

On the other hand, this Sneak Peek thread is one of the only things the devs post on the forum and they do it consistently. If they don’t consider it a valuable community/engagement building tool they wouldn’t bother with it.

So it really should be kept up to date, or abandoned. Note that the publisher has sneak peek threads for their other active games too.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Colognoisseur said:
    These are not normal times. Please have a care that things might be happening because of the ongoing health crisis. If the only thing lost is the Sneak Peek that would be fantastic.

I find that a little hard to believe. But ok, if it is, how about a brief message to that effect?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

Preview up for next PVE:

Hearts of Darkness
    5E Havok
    4E Northstar
    3E Psylocke
    2E Captain America

Placement
    5E Mr Sinister
    4E Valkyrie
    3E Scarlet Witch
    2E Black Widow

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hearts of Darkness (4/20/20) - 3 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Havok
    4-Star: Northstar
    3-Star: Psylocke
    2-Star: Captain America

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Havok - Shards
    4-Star: Northstar - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: Psylocke - Blue, Shards
    2-Star: Captain America- Yellow, Red
    1-Star: Iron Man - Blue

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Mr. Sinister- Shards
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Red, Black, Shards
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Purple, Green, Blue, Shards
    2-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Blue, Black

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Red, Shards
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Purple, Shards
    2-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Blue
    1-Star: Hawkeye - Purple

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    I hope not. I hope it’s a Hulkbuster pvp. We reset into the I’s in late December! I brought this up in another post, maybe they can still adjust.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82068/pvp-rewards-4-covers-i-hope-im-wrong-but#latest

I'm just suspicious because alphabetical order would be Invisible Woman, Iron Fist (who we just had as a reward), then Iron Man. Fingers crossed.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you all for the explanations. In a way, knowing those information in advance also helps to reduce feeling of regret?

For newer players, those information would be much more helpful, but there aren't a lot of new players here?

To me, it sounds like a lot of work and information to juggle with for a mobile game. I count myself lucky for not facing these issues about roster management and ISO-8 distribution.

For the past few Sneak Peak threads, there were already slowness in updating them. They have been updating them the day after the following PvE starts. Since Heart of Darkness starts tomorrow, just wait 2 more days and this thread should be updated.

• DarthDeVo
    Options

Deadpool's Daily Quest info

Sweet (4/17/20) New Update
    3-Star Required: Star-Lord, Elektra, Gambit, Angel, Black Panther
    Crash of the Titans: Nightcrawler
    On deck: Northstar

Behemoth Burrito:
    4-Star: The Thing, 3-Star: Captain America, 2-Star: Black Widow
    4-Star: Magik, 3-Star: Iron Fist, 2-Star: Black Widow
    4-Star: Invisible Woman, 3-Star: Wolverine, 2-Star: Thor
    4-Star: Bishop, 3-Star: Sam Wilson, 2-Star: Thor
    4-Star: Cloak & Dagger, 3-Star: Black Panther, 2-Star: Bullseye

Buff list

(4/17/20 - 4/24/20) New Update
    4-Star: Venom (Agent Venom), Iceman, Magik, Nova, Yondu
    3-Star: Black Panther, Mystique, Psylocke, Quicksilver, Ragnarok
    2-Star: Black Widow, Daken
    1-Star: Hawkeye, Iron Man

• DarthDeVo
    edited April 2020
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Thank you all for the explanations. In a way, knowing those information in advance also helps to reduce feeling of regret?

For newer players, those information would be much more helpful, but there aren't a lot of new players here?

To me, it sounds like a lot of work and information to juggle with for a mobile game. I count myself lucky for not facing these issues about roster management and ISO-8 distribution.

For the past few Sneak Peak threads, there were already slowness in updating them. They have been updating them the day after the following PvE starts. Since Heart of Darkness starts tomorrow, just wait 2 more days and this thread should be updated.

When I was in 3* land and especially transitioning to 4* land, the sneak peek thread was invaluable for helping me manage my roster.

The first time I champed all my 3s, I ended up selling them all (except for Elektra, Gambit, and Angel) to help me get the ISO I needed to champ more 4s and 5s (before saved covers were live). The sneak peek helped me know which ones were safe(r) to sell. If I knew they were to be featured in PvE or PvP, I held on to them and waited to sell until the event was over.

And even earlier in the game, when I was truly crunched for roster slots, I kept a roster slot open to rotate the featured 2* in PvE in and out. With a weeks notice, it usually wasn't too difficult to snag a cover from LRs/Sim/PvP/tokens.

Now I mostly use it for shard planning purposes, but it's still nice to have a bit of an idea in advance of what to expect.

• bluewolf
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

You might notice that the current Infinite Power event is also not on the Sneak Peek thread. I suppose you could say it’s the weekend and all that, but they’ve updated on weekends before.

I mean whatever, right?

I do have a 😞 though. Mr Sinister essential next, for the NEW5, means iHulk will be essential for the event with the NEW5 shards so I’ll miss out on some iHulk shards.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

And about providing player agency. The name of the game (for us) is managing resources long term, and for the devs it's about making that process fair, and enticing people to spend money to speed up or bypass that process. Having information to plan lets us bend things in our favor, and helps make things feel more fair. If things feel too unfair, people quit playing the game, because it isn't worth the bother.

Granted, I don't think MPQ is that unfair in the first place, and doesn't strictly NEED the benefit of the Sneak Peek to keep that balance, but having it is another plus in the right direction. At least we're not a game like Contest of Champions, that requires extra items to up a character's tier, and requires you to spend gold to do that AND level them normally with ISO. Too many resources to juggle. Ick.

@bluewolf said:

I do have a 😞 though. Mr Sinister essential next, for the NEW5, means iHulk will be essential for the event with the NEW5 shards so I’ll miss out on some iHulk shards.

Haven't they done that each time since Shards came out? I remember going through the same thing with Havok. It's actually clever if intentional. If we can get shards from a release, and then from placement right before their first essential, high-end players might never need to pull LTs ever again to get a single cover to allow them to play 5e nodes. Interrupting the pattern like this (New5 replacing iHulk right before his first essential) is good for the devs in that it keeps the pressure on the player to spend resources, which should be a good thing for the sake of the devs and the game economy (even if a bummer for players).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We're expecting to see iHulk in latest today, no?

• Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    We're expecting to see iHulk in latest today, no?

He just showed up for me on Android.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

same; i had 37 pulls stored up - didn't get one but i got a pair of sinisters and 3x for Havok. I could finish sinister now with Shards but I'd like to at least get a single hulk for access before I stop pulling.