MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2020 (Updated 4/21/20)

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

I actually like the heroic pvp because it force me to think of new team combinations. But this was before the days of 5*. I doubt this can be done with CL 10.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

There was nothing quite like lucking into a Heroic event and having a decent sample of your roster available to let you progress! Too bad I was a 3* player then and it was usually bad news on that front...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

On another note, I will not be sorry to see the back of this FF boosted week. Although I have them all champed (well actually 3* Torch us on his way to second time round champing), they are still mostly a bit of a chore to use.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards

@TPF Alexis said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Thanks everyone for enlightening me about The Gauntlet.

So, that's where "characters getting locked out" come from. I find that concept interesting.

You may also be thinking of the "Heroic" PvE events, where you were only allowed to use the Boosted characters (weekly and featured). Could make for a nice mix-up for vets, but it was awful if you had substantial gaps in your roster.

To be clear, the Gauntlet was not the only place where you were unable to use the same character as was in a node. That rule applied everywhere. The Gauntlet just had a lot of different nodes, each with different characters so you ran into that a lot - it was like Simulator in that way. Every time the nodes had meta characters you were going to struggle since you couldn't bring your own. Most PVEs, as everyone knows, are full of Dark Avengers who the majority of players aren't using anyway (beyond the 2* tier).

Eventually the game lifted the "can't bring your own" restriction, which admittedly spoiled the idea in Story of building teams to take out enemies in a storyline. And Gauntlet got a lot easier, and Heroics eventually (in the last run) removed the roster limitation which they were just scaled-up versions of the prologue missions.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

An update on the next PVE would be nice.

• bluewolf

@MrPlow said:
    An update on the next PVE would be nice.

Just wait like.....8 hours or so. You'll probably see the in game preview before the thread is updated.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Heroic is another event I see being mentioned quite frequently. I guess that's where my confusion comes from.

I think no mirror matches concept is interesting. I think they could be brought back for pure progression event.

Quicksilver is the next 3* PvP after Human Torch?

• bluewolf

@HoundofShadow said:
    Heroic is another event I see being mentioned quite frequently. I guess that's where my confusion comes from.

I think no mirror matches concept is interesting. I think they could be brought back for pure progression event.

Quicksilver is the next 3* PvP after Human Torch?

Or it's a Thing PVP....he is off cycle in the rewards. That's my guess.

• DonkeyTeeth
    DonkeyTeeth Posts: 32 Just Dropped In

@IceIX
    The event preview is up now (Infinite Pursuit, 4 day). It only shows FOUR boosted 3 stars instead of the normal five. Is this a mistake or is there some kind of new rotation?

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@DonkeyTeeth said:
    @IceIX
    The event preview is up now (Infinite Pursuit, 4 day). It only shows FOUR boosted 3 stars instead of the normal five. Is this a mistake or is there some kind of new rotation?

Probably means the Featured 3* is also a weekly boosted character. Like how Human Torch is boosted this week, but also has a Versus event.
    EDIT: Black Panther is the Weekly boost who’s also featured.

• Febreze15
    Febreze15 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

Thing PVP next?

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler

@DarthDeVo said:
    Infinite Pursuit (4/16/20) - 4 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Spider-Man (Back in Black)
    4-Star: Maria Hill
    3-Star: Black Panther
    2-Star: Thor

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Spider-Man (Back in Black) - Shards
    4-Star: Maria Hill - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: Black Panther - Black, Shards
    2-Star: Thor - Red, Yellow
    1-Star: Hawkeye - Purple

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Havok- Shards
    4-Star: Northstar - Black, Blue, Shards
    3-Star: Psylocke - Red, Blue, Black, Shards
    2-Star: Captain America - Blue, Yellow, Red

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Northstar - Black, Shards
    3-Star: Psylocke - Red, Shards
    2-Star: Captain America - Blue, Yellow
    1-Star: Iron Man - Red

Well at least we have an update :/ thanks to Darth for your efforts at least!

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

Time to give SCL 10 a shot. Don't give a fart about placement. Don't understand why Northstar is rewards for placement again.

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler

Gonna have me some fun. SCL 10 is fun imo >:)

• bluewolf

It sure would be nice to get an official update to this thread.

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020

@IceIX
    Still not sure what the purpose of not keeping this thread up to date is.
    I understand we’re all living in Coronatown , but the last update seemed to be the first semi-timely one in months.
    Do you guys need to put @DarthDeVo into an official role there?

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

@krakenoon said:
    @IceIX
    Still not sure what the purpose of not keeping this thread up to date is.
    I understand we’re all living in Coronatown , but the last update seemed to be the first semi-timely one in months.
    Do you guys need to put @DarthDeVo into an official role there?

Hey, my offer for an LT each time I do this still stands. Gotta keep up with 4/5/4/5 somehow...