MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2020 (Updated 4/21/20)

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

Historically (I've been playing for over five years), MPQ has been abysmal at communication compared to other mobile games I play. However, in the past six months it really has set a new low bar. This is all pre COVID-19 so the virus would only be an excuse. I have no idea what has happened but I hate to see this happen to a game I really enjoy quite a bit.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@LavaManLee said:
    Historically (I've been playing for over five years), MPQ has been abysmal at communication compared to other mobile games I play. However, in the past six months it really has set a new low bar. This is all pre COVID-19 so the virus would only be an excuse. I have no idea what has happened but I hate to see this happen to a game I really enjoy quite a bit.

I am not sure if I should feel worried or not....the communication has been so bad, maybe it's just business as usual. But then you think about the virus and how bad it is for some people, and then you wonder about the business model and how well it's holding up in uncertain economic times for this very old mobile game.

And despite assurances, Demiurge just got bought out and is looking for more/better opportunities in the console environment. And BW getting shelved for 6 months (at minimum) can't be helpful for the game and it's plans.

I noticed that 4BW is sitting in the corner of the PVE screens.....

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    edited April 2020

BW (grey suit) PvP event... Jean Grey as 4* reward. Looks like the sequence is resetting back to J. headdesk

• bluewolf
    edited April 2020

@argle_bargle said:
    BW (grey suit) PvP event... Jean Grey as 4* reward. Looks like the sequence is resetting back to J. headdesk

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

EDIT: They ran 3BW's PVP in March so I guess this is/was a "tie in" to the poor BW movie.

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler

Why is 3BW being rewarded in placement for the 3BW event?

• bluewolf

@MackDan1 said:
    Why is 3BW being rewarded in placement for the 3BW event?

YOU get a 3BW, and YOU get a 3BW.....

EVERYONE GETS A 3BW!!!!!

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

Hollowpoint Kiss - Black Widow (Grey Suit) Versus Event (4/21/20) New Update
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Iron Man - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Shards
    2-Star: Black Widow - Purple
    1-Star: Iron Man - Yellow

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Rescue - Shards
    4-Star: Jean Grey - Purple, Shards
    3-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Green, Shards
    2-Star: Storm - Blue, Yellow, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Shards
    2-Star: Storm - Blue, Yellow

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

Interesting that Black Widow is both Progression and Placement.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

Are folks forgetting that Black Widow was going to be in theaters next Friday?

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

@jackstar0 said:

Not necessarily, but I would have expected a 4* Widow PvP after the 3* one. And it is a bit odd to be getting GSBW in placement and progression back to back.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I think they could release the content they like about black widow and a new pve if they did one.
    I mean it wont be the same if the film was together but after all the pves never had been an spoiler because they never follow the film.
    Same happens with other characters appearing on film, they are never ever exclusives.
    And the same applies to morbius film which was about to be released soon and so entering the game

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

Well... that can't be right. (referring to update that has Sinister as the current featured 5*, rather than Havok in HoD.)

I'm delighted by the All BW event, and it nicely explains what the heck with the back-to-back 3BW rewards.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

@jackstar0 said:

My point was more with the exception of I think Bagman, they have never had the same character in progression and placement rewards. (Or at least it's been a long long time since they have)

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020

@IceIX
    Please check notes on PvE for the latest update. Havok is the 5e for HoD, which should also change the 5e for Strange Sights.
    Thank you for the update!

Edit: Also lists SW as 3e for both HoD & SS.

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    edited April 2020

Thanks for the updates, @IceIX !

Will Hollowpoint Kiss be the last event for this PvP season?

• Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

Deadpool vs MPQ on the same week Bishop is boosted!!!

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

Thanks for the update, @IceIX

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

@Friarbundy
    Thanks, I needed that in my life today.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020

Even when they're late, they screw up. Havok for ss, when hod is clearly running havok.

Using the short hand for gamora? Instead of the awesome mix vol. 2 parenthesis?