MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2020 (Updated 4/21/20)

Options

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’m assuming they just accidentally flipped the Featured Characters chunk for StrangeSights and HoD.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Deadpool vs. MPQ (4/26/20) - 4 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Hulk (Immortal)
    4-Star: Black Widow
    3-Star: Sentry
    2-Star: Bullseye

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Hulk (Immortal) - Shards
    4-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Shards
    3-Star: Sentry - Red, Shards
    2-Star: Bullseye - Green, Black
    1-Star: Black Widow - Purple

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Karnak - Blue, Red, Shards
    3-Star: Beast - Green, Blue, Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Storm - Blue, Green, Yellow

This is the event after Yelena's debut. The past few releases, we've had the New 5 (Yelena) shards in progression while using a different character as an essential.

So.....

1. Do we get Yelena or iHulk shards in DP v MPQ?
    2. Presumably the placement is not actually iHulk since he's essential? I suppose some Classic?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Kind of upset IHulk shards won’t be available since he is the newest 5*. I wish Sinister shards were skipped instead

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

Double checked the event setup sheets versus what I put down and they match up, so they're technically correct at current. However, also noted what you all said, and this is probably a case of sneak peeking a little too early on a couple of these and they aren't set yet. I'll revisit them in a couple of days to double confirm what's up with them.

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Double checked the event setup sheets versus what I put down and they match up, so they're technically correct at current. However, also noted what you all said, and this is probably a case of sneak peeking a little too early on a couple of these and they aren't set yet. I'll revisit them in a couple of days to double confirm what's up with them.

@IceIX The current Hearts of Darkness event has 5* Havok as featured so it can't be technically correct...

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

@IceIX
    Heart of Darkness is an active PVE event with Havok as a 5* E and Mr S as shard placements. This isn’t the case that it is “early”, it is the case it is wrong to what is active in the game as we speak (which is sub 2 already).

Can you please confirm the rest of the PVE information on this?

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In April, 2020

Hearts of Darkness (4/20/20) - 3 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Mister Sinister

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Mister Sinister - Shards
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Black, Shards
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Black Widow - Black, Blue
    1-Star: Venom - Purple

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: New Character - Shards -- REALLY?!
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Black, Red, Shards
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Blue, Green, Purple, Shards
    2-Star: Black Widow - Black, Blue, Purple

Strange Sights (4/23/20) - 3 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Havok
    4-Star: Northstar
    3-Star: Psylocke
    2-Star: Captain America

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Mister Sinister - Shards
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Black, Shards
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Green, Shards

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: New Character - Shards
    4-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Black, Shards
    3-Star: Sentry - Green, Red, Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Bullseye - Green, Black, Purple

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Sentry - Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Bullseye - Purple

Deadpool vs. MPQ (4/26/20) - 4 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Hulk (Immortal)
    4-Star: Black Widow
    3-Star: Sentry
    2-Star: Bullseye

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Shards
    3-Star: Sentry - Red, Shards
    2-Star: Bullseye - Green, Black
    1-Star: Black Widow - Purple

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Karnak - Blue, Red, Shards
    3-Star: Beast - Green, Blue, Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Storm - Blue, Green, Yellow

@IceIX
    Yeah, you better double check.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX
    Strange Sights PVE is up and the information is wrong that you posted.

Strange Sights (4/23/20) - 3 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Havok (This is to be Mr Sinister)
    4-Star: NorthStar (This is to be Valkyrie)
    3-Star: Psylocke (This is to be Scarlet Witch)
    2-Star: Captain America (This is to be Black Widow)

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Mister Sinister - Shards (correct)
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Black, Shards (correct)
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Green, Shards (correct)

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: New Character - Shards (correct)
    4-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Black, Shards (correct)

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Pretty sure we can swap the rewards/essentials between HoD & SS to get an accurate read.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

This isn't so much about "swapping" information as much as it's @IceIX job to post ACCURATE information. He already posted the update five days after. Idk about most of you guys, but my if my job requires me to give accurate information, shouldn't I be held accountable for ANY information given out? Then he replies back that he "checked" it's accuracy. If they're getting notes, memos, and what not, don't you think it's written down somewhere, paper or electronic?

Yes, this game is free to play, but I'm 'pot-committed' at this point with the amount of time I've poured in and the money I've spent already.

• bluewolf
    Options

@axmoss said:
    This isn't so much about "swapping" information as much as it's @IceIX job to post ACCURATE information. He already posted the update five days after. Idk about most of you guys, but my if my job requires me to give accurate information, shouldn't I be held accountable for ANY information given out? Then he replies back that he "checked" it's accuracy. If they're getting notes, memos, and what not, don't you think it's written down somewhere, paper or electronic?

Yes, this game is free to play, but I'm 'pot-committed' at this point with the amount of time I've poured in and the money I've spent already.

Money gone is money gone. It's never coming back. Sunk-cost fallacy.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hmmm ... last month was ok but this month information is vague, characters and their release are changing and plans stopped.
    What could have been happening? Posibly a world pandemic with millions of deaths and home isolation?
    Do we press the comunity rampage mode button already? Or do we understand circunstances?
    I guess all you will vote for the button. Why not?

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:
    Hmmm ... last month was ok but this month information is vague, characters and their release are changing and plans stopped.
    What could have been happening? Posibly a world pandemic with millions of deaths and home isolation?
    Do we press the comunity rampage mode button already? Or do we understand circunstances?
    I guess all you will vote for the button. Why not?

No this incompetence was occurring months before the pandemic

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The rockett said:
    @IceIX
    Strange Sights PVE is up and the information is wrong that you posted.

Strange Sights (4/23/20) - 3 Day Event New Update
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Havok (This is to be Mr Sinister)
    4-Star: NorthStar (This is to be Valkyrie)
    3-Star: Psylocke (This is to be Scarlet Witch)
    2-Star: Captain America (This is to be Black Widow)

Progression Rewards:
    5-Star: Mister Sinister - Shards (correct)
    4-Star: Valkyrie - Black, Shards (correct)
    3-Star: Scarlet Witch - Green, Shards (correct)

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: New Character - Shards (correct)
    4-Star: Black Widow - Purple, Black, Shards (correct)

Here's what I really don't like about this new rewards system:

Strange Sights shows that we'll get 5* Yelena Belova shard rewards in placement, and then will likely get them as progression rewards in DP vs. MPQ. But it's likely that Immortal Hulk will be required in DP vs. MPQ (Havok required for HoD, Sinister required for Strange Sights).

My iHulk is currently at 450 shards, so I'm missing out on the chance for getting enough shards for another cover for him, something my 1/1/1 iHulk could really use right about now.

This is slightly mitigated by the fact that there will be more chances to get iHulk shards since he's in Latest, but I think it was during iHulk's release window that his shards pre-empted the placement and progression shards that should have gone to Jessica Jones.

Classic characters do not come around that often (literally like once a year and counting), and we need every opportunity to get shards for them that we can. It would have been a real kick in the teeth to have been patiently waiting to get a nice chunk of shards for JJ only to have those shards yanked in favor of a different character.

Personally, I don't see the need to reward shards so early for a new character like this at all. Just make them the placement/progression rewards in PvE the event before they're required after they've already been released in Latest Legends like normal. This way no character gets pre-empted in favor of the new character shards. Or have the same 5* required for two events in a row. One event can have new character shards, the next can have the required 5* shards.

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Cue Dinah Washington's "What A Difference A Day Makes"
    Fixed the issue with the Story Event rewards. It was an "off by one" error caused by an incomplete entry in our events summary. Should be all good now. While I was at it, added the next Deadpool Daily run.

@IceIX

Are the 5* placement rewards for Deadpool vs. MPQ event accurate? It's unusual for progression and placement to reward the same character..

• bluewolf
    Options

This thread was un-stickied? Apparently? I realize it has been updated through the end of April, but it's still nice to have it at the top.

And! The February and March Sneak Peek threads do not appear in the "Events, Missions, ...." section of the forum. I like having the Sneak Peeks show up there as an archive, and would appreciate if they can be put there.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The forum was down for maintenance for a while and when it came back, MPQ forum threads got unstickied. Our two neighbours don't have this issue.

And it seems that C4rol is a popular character for full progression rewards. I'm happy to see Spider-Ham.

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options

Are the rewards for I,Spy in a new order or is that my imagination? The HP is still at 25 wins, and the second CP reward is back way up at 75 wins. Is this a new normal?

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

Also, why are we starting over in the I's again. This happened before over Christmas. The 4* pvp reward rotation keeps getting reset. In December it reset from Iceman. Looks like it happened again. Just think it's kinda odd.