Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 10

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Any PVE that features mostly tile movers is going to see a great backwards migration down.
    Definitely.  This was rough enough.  I will totally be back in SCL9 when that happens.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I shutter at the thought of the royal family node.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I shutter at the thought of the royal family node.
    I might do SCL 10 in Heart of Darkness just to see how nasty that node is.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pvp 10 is great for all the rewards. Plus people is playing more pvp finally.
    Pve 10 is good for the rewards but I dont know if I will make it when professor take his exit . Hardly.
    I would suggest to add a few extra powered 5 and 4* characters just for scl10. That would improve the experience.
    Any extra aid in killing 300000 health foes would be more than welcomed.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick question: does one need to get five clears for full progression?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    I would guess, but I'm not sure anyone knows that for sure yet.  Getting rid of the 2e and replacing it with the OMG node may mess with final progression requirements.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Bad said:
    Pvp 10 is great for all the rewards. Plus people is playing more pvp finally.
    Pve 10 is good for the rewards but I dont know if I will make it when professor take his exit . Hardly.
    I would suggest to add a few extra powered 5 and 4* characters just for scl10. That would improve the experience.
    Any extra aid in killing 300000 health foes would be more than welcomed.
    Yeah, multiple boosted fives for pve is long overdue and really relevant now that scl10 has been introduced.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    MegaBee said:
    I would guess, but I'm not sure anyone knows that for sure yet.  Getting rid of the 2e and replacing it with the OMG node may mess with final progression requirements.
    I'm operating under the assumption full progression can be reached by 4x clears of all available nodes minus the yellow starting node, as in the previous system. The 5x thing is if you don't have the 5e historically, since it's points were "extra."  Whether the 5e node has become part of the standard run, leaving the Challenge Node as "extra" or if both nodes are still "extra" is where I was unclear myself.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt I'll be doing a lot of SCL10 in PvE. This is quite the slog, and I'm winning. I don't think I want to put myself through this when I'm losing.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Currently drowning in SL10 in PVE. My roster is pretty weak but level  435OML and 389Thor are cheesing some wins. Not going to come close to progression, but that wasnt really the goal to begin with. I wanted to see how far I could get, and already the 5* shards feel worth it. Though for me I'm prioritizing 5* shards over EVERYTHING else.

Going to go back down to SL10 next pve.

As for pvp. Doing as many events at SL10 as I can. Going for progression, and if I end top 500 the 5* shards are good enough for me. And honestly if I dipped down to SL7 Im sure I'd see the same teams anyways.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    PvE SCL 10 is basically what I feared when I joined.  Much slower grind and unable to fully complete every node four times in any reasonable amount of time.  

Normally I can clear an entire round of 4 node clears over my lunch break (about 45 minutes) in SCL 9.  Today, trying out SCL 10, I was able to clear the loaner and sub node once as usual, all the easy nodes, the 3/4/5 essential nodes, and 2 out of the first 4 clears of the challenge node.  I wiped on my 3rd attempt on the challenge node when they were about level 560.  I still have to clear the other 3 normal "hard" nodes.  I suppose if you have a good Gritty team, this is achievable but beyond that, you must have a strong 5* roster that is more than baby champed to compete in the same "value" category of time spent vs rewards earned.  

I will be much better off simply playing SCL 9 and playing more PvP to generate similar rewards and still take less time I think than SCL 10 in PvE.  

Since they got rid of the 2* essential and now have the challenge node, are we expected to clear that challenge node 5 times as well for full progression?  If so, I will simply stick to SCL 9.  

This is also one of the easier PvE, I can't imagine SCL 10 when some of the harder PvEs with Mindless ones, sentries and symbiotes come up.  Will probably be some shifting between 9 and 10 for some players depending on the PvE event.  It also feels like they should really be adding 5* weekly boosted to PvE to compete in SCL 10 if they really want to see more people there.  I feel only the most advanced rosters or those with very good Gritty teams will be able to hack it in this difficulty.

I just champed 5* Thanos recently so I think I will just utilize him in SCL 9 to save me even more time.

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think this event is the best for me to gauge if CL10 will be my new home, since a boosted PX deletes goons from existence. I can tell this much, however: if the featured 5 isn't one you've champed, it's going to be a slog. And that may be what I use to jump between CLs. The 5* shards in progression are extremely sexy though, so we'll see.
    PvP though, I'm 100% sticking to CL10. The shards, the glorious shards and mighty tokens! :D
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    After clearing round 1 and 2, this movie quote sums it up best:
    "No reward is worth this"
    Samuel L Jackson as Tyrion in Star Trek 4: Tokyo Drift
  • BagPuss
    BagPuss Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited February 2020
    As per other thread, there are two types of game being played in cl10.

Type 1 - Survive cl10, get some rewards
    Type 2 - Get through cl10 in the fastest time possible for placement.

Remember this is with ProfX on a relative easy event, until the last sub when doombots are feeding doom/mystique.

Type 1 - With no time constraints you can get through cl10, provided you have top tier 5*. A player struggles through the event, gets the 5* shards from progression and finishes T100 so nets some further shards for the next featured 5. Feels good about making progression on their 5*,despite it taking double of cl9 and over 1 hour.

Type 2 - For a top end placement player, their avg open times have been:
    Low Champed 5* - 45 minutes
    Level 500s decent 5* - 30-35 minutes
    Champ maxxed boosted to level 650 Prof - 25 minutes

These are T10/20 cl9 placement players, competitive play is taking 50 to 100% more.
    Close is roughly the same +/- a few minutes so that's over an hour for cl10 for 97% of the cl10 player base.

Is this the plan? 
    Return to increased game engagement, which is an about turn from 2 years ago where i believe QoL issue were recognised. Or was that because the, then state of the game, didn't support level 650s but now they (kinda by some metric) do?
    * Was cl10 tested with an average 5* players roster?

It's probable that cl10 placement outside of T20 will become easier due to the time commitment. In cl9 T50 is usually a breeze if you are doing 7 hits per sub with decent open and close times, so something similar is expected in cl10.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daredevil217 What is the recent 4/5/4/5 pattern? We have a 4/5/4/4/5/4/4/5/4/4/4.

What parts of scl 10 seem buggy? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    @Daredevil217 What is the recent 4/5/4/5 pattern? We have a 4/5/4/4/5/4/4/5/4/4/4.

Northstar- 4
    Mister Sinister- 5
    New Character this week- 4
    "This is a placeholder for the next 5-Star character. Coming late February!"**

**from the sneak peak thread. Seems as soon as Sinister rotates into Latests the next character will be debuting that same time. Kind of crazy. 

The buggy stuff:

Points for CL9 and 10 being the same. I don’t know if this is intended or a bug since it incentivizes top alliances to play down in 9 (faster clears in 9 for the same points = more points). Not a problem for me personally but people aren’t happy about it on LINE. 

We were told the challenge node won’t effect overall points, and it absolutely does. Bug, or as intended?

Someone else mentioned (though I’m failing the find the posts) that 10 was advertised to have more CP in node rewards but gives the same as 9. Another thing that I’m unsure of if it is a bug or intended. 

All these questions have been asked already. None of them answered. 

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Daredevil217 said: 
    Someone else mentioned (though I’m failing the find the posts) that 10 was advertised to have more CP in node rewards but gives the same as 9. Another thing that I’m unsure of if it is a bug or intended. 

Ice posted that "CP gains from Node clearing is also increased, with a total of 5 available on each sub, as opposed to the 4 from SCL 9"

But it was already 5 in CL9. So there was no additional CP in CL10. 

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

Northstar- 4
    Mister Sinister- 5
    New Character this week- 4
    "This is a placeholder for the next 5-Star character. Coming late February!"**

**from the sneak peak thread. Seems as soon as Sinister rotates into Latests the next character will be debuting that same time. Kind of crazy. 

The buggy stuff:

Points for CL9 and 10 being the same. I don’t know if this is intended or a bug since it incentivizes top alliances to play down in 9 (faster clears in 9 for the same points = more points). Not a problem for me personally but people aren’t happy about it on LINE. 

We were told the challenge node won’t effect overall points, and it absolutely does. Bug, or as intended?

It would be good to get clarification on the buggy stuff.

The character patterns though seem very infrequent. We have had a 4/5/4/5 in the past before I think. But recently we had 3 4*'s together. So it's really hard to set definite patterns on that in my mind.