New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

Options

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Somebody here apply for that job so we can at least get the November sneak peek thread on the general board.
    Is it really that bad that it's under news and announcements? We have the sneak peek it's just not also stickied in its usual spot.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tiomono said:
    shardwick said:
    Somebody here apply for that job so we can at least get the November sneak peek thread on the general board.
    Is it really that bad that it's under news and announcements? We have the sneak peek it's just not also stickied in its usual spot.
    Yes.

Also, it needs the update. I live my life around mpq, so I need to know what's coming so that I can properly plan my life around mpq.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    shardwick said:
    Yes. I like to jump on and scan the board to see if there was anything new posted like an update to a new feature *coughs* or updates to see what events are coming next. I don't want to jump around to multiple boards especially when it's normal for the monthly thread to be here anyway.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    tiomono said:
    shardwick said:
    Yes. I like to jump on and scan the board to see if there was anything new posted like an update to a new feature *coughs* or updates to see what events are coming next. I don't want to jump around to multiple boards especially when it's normal for the monthly thread to be here anyway.
    Not to mention that it no longer shows the timestamp for the most recent post in each forum on the main page, so it's significantly harder to find what's been updated if it's not in the main board.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    tiomono said:
    shardwick said:
    Not to mention that it no longer shows the timestamp for the most recent post in each forum on the main page, so it's significantly harder to find what's been updated if it's not in the main board.
    Yeah, that's a huge annoyance. Almost feel like I discovered buried treasure when I go into that thread and see that it got an update. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well the season is officially over.  What are the Vegas odds that we will get an update on this feature this week?   
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At this point I think we'll be lucky to get any further information before the feature goes live.

Recall that Bonus Heroes (and vaulting) were announced about 2-3 hours before they went live (once you downloaded the patch that day).

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/60255/new-feature-bonus-heroes-updated-3-1-17/p1

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    EDIT:  I did have a thought which might help predict the launch.  The R190 patch was a week later than expected.  If you look forward 2 weeks from it's release (11/4) (the usual patch schedule) that falls on 11/18 which was the date that we saw mentioned once as the earliest possible date for Targeted Heroes.

-------

I wish the forum had better updates anywhere, not just here.....

The JJ costume debuted days ago and the Halloween thread didn't get updated.  I'm not sure I've seen any official mention of the Major Resupply on the forum.

The Sneak Peek is apparently on a schedule of "publish a lot all at once, then we can leave it alone for a week or so".  New Crash today, new DDQ cycle, no update.

On the other hand they do make the character blog posts.

The 18th is also the day that Carbage enters Latest Legends. There will be lots of people wanting to open their tokens [not so much to acquire Carnage, but just because they have 'enough' levels in Storm].

Hopefully this Targeting Heroes system goes live with the patch that day as (somewhat) expected.

I don't think we'll be granted 'shards' from opening token packs directly, but I do believe we will earn shards from applying character covers and Champ levels. I think. No confirmation yet of course.  

Therefore, if Targeting isn't quite ready that day it will really stink to feel that we need to continue to wait to Fiiiiiiiiinaly open our tokens.

Storm must be nearing a record duration in LT over the last ~2 years. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of the major updates in the last patch was that all players are now forced to do new downloads, you can no longer wait to do so.  They explicitly stated this was to prevent cheating/manipulation.  My guess is the they had to do this with the new feature coming out or it would have been a target for terrible manipulation.  
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    RickOShay said:

Storm must be nearing a record duration in LT over the last ~2 years. 
    She is! Storm is going to the all-time record holder at 21 weeks.  She beats Green Goblin by one week, and Cable by 2.
    I just knew I wouldn't need to look that up lol. Thanks!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    One of the major updates in the last patch was that all players are now forced to do new downloads, you can no longer wait to do so.  They explicitly stated this was to prevent cheating/manipulation.  My guess is the they had to do this with the new feature coming out or it would have been a target for terrible manipulation.  
    This is probably a question I should know better than to ask but...where did they explicitly state this?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RickOShay said:

I don't think we'll be granted 'shards' from opening token packs directly, but I do believe we will earn shards from applying character covers and Champ levels. I think. No confirmation yet of course.  

Wouldn't that be something lol. I think progression towards Shield Rank used to work by pulling tokens if I recall, forgot the "official" reasoning on why they changed it, but I do recall them trying to discourage hoarding. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    This is probably a question I should know better than to ask but...where did they explicitly state this?
    I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding on this point.  The R190 notes say:

"Players can no longer avoid downloading the daily patch. This is important to avoid game-breaking bugs."

This specifically refers to the patch that is pushed to your device once a day (not every day, since it is a manual process on the part of Demiurge).  You don't (at least, I don't) have any choice in the matter on iOS as it is fully automatic, but apparently at least some Android people were able to play without doing it and had to manually accept the update.

Anyway, I don't know exactly how this would impact the larger Patches which you need to manually accept and download, although the game has, for a while, stopped you from playing after about one day if you don't download the newest revision.  (Again, for me, at least.)

This change may be related to Targeted Heroes or may be mostly a separate issue that will help the developers maintain stability etc more easily.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    I bet it was on Discord.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh man, people think there's special news only given out on Discord? Thanks, I really needed that laugh today.