• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:

This makes me think of the movie kung pow. I can either

A. Dodge quickly to the side and counter strike

B. Take a claw to the face and die.

Aaarggggh! Should of went for option a.
    This makes me think i need to watch my dvd of Kung Pow again.  :)
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    tiomono said:

This makes me think of the movie kung pow. I can either

A. Dodge quickly to the side and counter strike

B. Take a claw to the face and die.

Aaarggggh! Should of went for option a.
    This makes me think i need to watch my dvd of Kung Pow again.  :)

Which audio track?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember being really baffled when IceX came back and everyone cheered his return as if it was going to usher in a new age of communication.

I *remember* the amount of times he gave us the stonewall.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    maybe they identify as mute and we're all full of hate for demanding conversation...
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's national Harvey Wallbanger day, everyone is passed out under their desks.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't know people will be happy even if the dev pop in and explicitly say there isn't any update. This must be something new. By not saying anything, it's as good as saying there isn't any update. 

I'm sure they said before if they have something conclusive, they will let us know. 

And we know most of you are happiest with more detail and dislike when something you're expecting changes, so we typically talk about new things when we're certain of the details. 
    It's challenging to do satisfying stand-alone Q&A - so many of the things that people naturally want to know are "when is X coming" or "how will Y change in the future", and those aren't questions that can really be honestly answered until there's an announcement to make. Maybe the solution there is to have that sort of interaction around announcements, and then there will be a bunch of questions about whatever change we're talking about that have a more interesting answer than "we're looking into it".

Maybe the solution for more communication is that those group of players learn to behave rationally instead of going into rage modes when things don't happen the way they envisioned it.

I believe most of us are adults here. No one like to have their profession insulted, spit on, have every single word they wrote analysed and used it against them in the future, have their explanations dismissed as excuses etc. Be honest. If you know a group of people who love to do this kind of things to you, what's the possibility that you would want to interact with them frequently unless it's necessary?

I don't think it's a coincident that they prefer to interact in discord rather than in here. I think the solution is obvious.

• maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok, so if we want to talk about proper grammar usage and grilled cheese sandwiches, we come to the official forum for the game...but if we want the "real scoop," go to Discord.

But only if the "real scoop" you're looking for is about pie, right?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    maltyo9 said:
    Ok, so if we want to talk about proper grammar usage and grilled cheese sandwiches, we come to the official forum for the game...but if we want the "real scoop," go to Discord.

If you mention cake then Brigby will appear.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    maltyo9 said:

If you mention cake then Brigby will appear.
    And here I was thinking the cake was a lie...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    EDIT:  I did have a thought which might help predict the launch.  The R190 patch was a week later than expected.  If you look forward 2 weeks from it's release (11/4) (the usual patch schedule) that falls on 11/18 which was the date that we saw mentioned once as the earliest possible date for Targeted Heroes.

-------

I wish the forum had better updates anywhere, not just here.....

The JJ costume debuted days ago and the Halloween thread didn't get updated.  I'm not sure I've seen any official mention of the Major Resupply on the forum.

The Sneak Peek is apparently on a schedule of "publish a lot all at once, then we can leave it alone for a week or so".  New Crash today, new DDQ cycle, no update.

On the other hand they do make the character blog posts.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    EDIT:  I did have a thought which might help predict the launch.  The R190 patch was a week later than expected.  If you look forward 2 weeks from it's release (11/4) (the usual patch schedule) that falls on 11/18 which was the date that we saw mentioned once as the earliest possible date for Targeted Heroes.

-------

I wish the forum had better updates anywhere, not just here.....

The JJ costume debuted days ago and the Halloween thread didn't get updated.  I'm not sure I've seen any official mention of the Major Resupply on the forum.

The Sneak Peek is apparently on a schedule of "publish a lot all at once, then we can leave it alone for a week or so".  New Crash today, new DDQ cycle, no update.

On the other hand they do make the character blog posts.
    With all due respect Mr. Wolf, you obviously just don’t understand how the industry works.

#StopBeingSoMean
    #SaveTheDevelopers
    #ValveTime
    #PlayersAreTheProblem
    #LowerYourExpectations

(In all seriousness, thanks for the update- or theory of a possible update.  Sad we are left to piece all this together like some complex Da Vinci Code, but... here we are). 
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been giving some thought to the miscommunication or delayed information in the forums. What if they moved ppl to other projects bc mpq seems to be doing well on it's own. That still doesnt justify the lack of communication given to the players. It's not that were being rude etc. Theyve kept up up with forums for forever and to suddenly just stop? But hopefully we are reaching the end of this rough patch forever everyone for the dev and the players and we start of with the right step forward to a brighter future. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This level of silence had me going back through the Adventure Time forum looking for signs of the end times. I wasn’t able to draw too many conclusions from it, but it was interesting nonetheless.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was looking around at the Careers section for D3Go and found this listing:

Digital Marketing Manager

https://d3go.com/careers/digital-marketing-manager-job-posting/

I'm not sure that job would involve direct player communication via the forum - but it well might.  At minimum. I would think that person would take on duties that might free up time for other staff to be able to focus more on the player communication efforts (forum etc).

Best of luck in the search!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Somebody here apply for that job so we can at least get the November sneak peek thread on the general board.