New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    DarthDeVo said:
    pop quiz: Today is (hypothetically monday). I tell you something is coming "next friday." Do i mean the very next friday, that same week, or do I mean the friday that's part of the "next" week after the one we're currently in? Discuss.
    It's Friday, Next Friday, and Friday After Next. Everyone knows this. And since it's a Friday we're talking about (no matter which one), odds are that It Was A Good Day. 
    Maybe everybody got fired on their day off for stealing boxes?

I assume Ice IX is out on tour or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0vmjT-00DU
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    If I might interject at this juncture.

We have a new feature coming. A big addition to the game that sounds like it will help us to earn elusive covers. It sounds as if it's going to be a big quality of life improvement.

However, these things take time to check and test before implementation. Do you want it to be buggy and crash the game? 

Let's show a little bit of patience for once and allow the devs to bring this new feature to us. They've told us that it's coming, so it can't be far away. I for one am looking forward to this new part of the game, and I'm interested to see how it will allow me to strengthen my roster.

Thanks devs, hope to hear more from you soon.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    I humbly suggest to @IceIX that any actual news on this feature be published in a different thread.

That way, people can debate linguistics in here as much as they want, and everyone else can know to just wait for a new thread to appear.

Also:  Geez, the forum gets a little crazy when everyone's done with PVE for the next couple days.

Also, also:  @maguirenumber6 and everyone.....keep your expectations low....that's the best way to avoid disappointment.

Everything the game does right now is less generous than it was a year ago.  Feeders?  Anyone?  Anniversary bundles?  Where's the value?  VIP Costumes?  Canceled without comment.

So thinking there's some awesome thing coming which will give you your desired covers at an accelerated rate seems foolish at best, at least to me.
    It wasn't my intention to be overly excited about something for which we do not yet have the full details for. But I see no harm in being cautiously optimistic about something that will improve the game that we all spend so long debating  :)
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Why do we park on a driveway but drive on a parkway?  And why can “wind up” mean both to start and to finish?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    JDFiend said:
    RickOShay said:
    Anyone engaging in this ridiculous debate owes me for the wasted 10 minutes spent reading the last couple of pages. 

I'll send you my hourly rate and it can be split among the few of you. 

Now please may we all just agree that the Targeting system is coming in a few to several weeks, and wait patiently for any further updates? 

Obviously the sooner the better.

No more debating about one specific word please, this stuff potentially drives away players who would otherwise be excited to engage in worthy forum discussions.
    Sorry. Linguist, so do find debates like this really fun and fascinating. It's interesting stuff, could literally write papers on it. 

Didn't mean to bore anyone. 
    Are you cunning? 
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    For those not wanting to read all these replies arguing over semantics, has there been any actual update on this yet?
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    For those not wanting to read all these replies arguing over semantics, has there been any actual update on this yet?

Nope.
  • JDFiend
    JDFiend Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    JDFiend said:
    RickOShay said:
    Anyone engaging in this ridiculous debate owes me for the wasted 10 minutes spent reading the last couple of pages. 

I'll send you my hourly rate and it can be split among the few of you. 

Now please may we all just agree that the Targeting system is coming in a few to several weeks, and wait patiently for any further updates? 

Obviously the sooner the better.

No more debating about one specific word please, this stuff potentially drives away players who would otherwise be excited to engage in worthy forum discussions.
    Sorry. Linguist, so do find debates like this really fun and fascinating. It's interesting stuff, could literally write papers on it. 

Didn't mean to bore anyone. 
    Are you cunning? 
    At the moment I am little tongue tied, but I've eaten a tinykitty or two. My local Chinese was well dodgy. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    “It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
    -Former President Bill Clinton
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update will be released with scl 9 & 10
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    To people complaining about this going off-topic, I don’t see it. We are talking about and quoting the exact words given to us by the developers in the original post. Asking for more information, and trying to discern when we will get it seems to me to be well within the parameters of this topic. 

There’s a lot of people speculating and arguing what “couple” and “next” mean with regards to when we will get more information. Just like we had people speculating and arguing what the feature likely will and won’t be.  

All of it is tied to information given in the original post- sometimes the verbatim words in the original post- so it seems fair game and on-topic to me.

Others can feel free to disagree of course.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I disrespectfully agree. Or disagree to agree. Or spout off "facts" irregardlessof the truth. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wanna know what's worse than fighting Bishop?
    Fighting a couple of Bishops. 

Wanna know what's worse than that?
    Fighting an indefinite small number of Bishops in wave nodes.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I come bearing actual new other than grammar insight:

https://pasteboard.co/IEOXPgc.png

See that „saved cover“ box offset. Seems that will be were shared will show up? The UI broken like this not long ago (a couple of minutes? ;)). Sooo... maybe this will actually come soon?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:

See that „saved cover“ box offset. Seems that will be were shared will show up? The UI broken like this not long ago (a couple of minutes? ;)). Sooo... maybe this will actually come soon?
    “Soon”. 

Not a bad guess, though, as that area of the screen is a natural place to display a counter showing fractional progress on a cover. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:

Mine has been like this for a few days now. That’s a good theory though. Let’s hope that’s what it means.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I disrespectfully agree. Or disagree to agree. Or spout off "facts" irregardlessof the truth. 
    Well since this topic has already turned into what words mean and this is a pet peeve of mine, Irregardless is not a word. The word is just regardless, and if irregardless was a word it would mean the opposite of how people use it.

Regardless means without regard and Ir- is a prefix which negates so Irregardless would mean not without regard or with regard or regardfull

Merriam-Webster disagrees:

Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Regardless of this, I hope we get more details on this as I've become a mega-hoarder in anticipation and just in case. Plus I can't wait to say, "I just sharded".

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Can the grammar Nazis please cease? Your semantic bickering has completely derailed this thread. And to @daredevil217, no you're incorrect that this is still on topic. It passed being on topic more than 100 comments ago.
    No wonder D3 doesn't provide more communication, because what little they do provide is now argued in such minutiae they don't even need to chum waters before this group will snipe and tear at each others throats just to be the most correct.