New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    @spidyjedi84, I think that most of this thread is just some good natured fun in the presence of an information vaccum. 
    Yep! Couldn’t have said it better myself. I actually just scroll past the long-winded grammar lessons myself. 

supergarv said:
    I come bearing actual new other than grammar insight:

https://pasteboard.co/IEOXPgc.png

See that „saved cover“ box offset. Seems that will be were shared will show up? The UI broken like this not long ago (a couple of minutes? ;)). Sooo... maybe this will actually come soon?

You know what this game has been missing? Fractions of 2* characters. I feel I don’t get enough of them. So I’m glad this is being addressed. 

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I got all excited to see this thread grow only to be disappointed to see three pages of Grammer arguing
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can the grammar Nazis please cease? Your semantic bickering has completely derailed this thread. And to @daredevil217, no you're incorrect that this is still on topic. It passed being on topic more than 100 comments ago.
    No wonder D3 doesn't provide more communication, because what little they do provide is now argued in such minutiae they don't even need to chum waters before this group will snipe and tear at each others throats just to be the most correct.
    More than 100 comments ago would be the first half of page 10. Which is still very much on topic ;)

I'm just happy they have told us something that they are doing to try and further address dillution.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    tupacboy said:
    I got all excited to see this thread grow only to be disappointed to see three pages of Grammer arguing
    "Grammar"  Unless you're talking about Kelsey Grammer, in which case I stand corrected.

See...we can argue about spelling as well.  :)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    tupacboy said:
    "Grammar"  Unless you're talking about Kelsey Grammer, in which case I stand corrected.

See...we can argue about spelling as well.  :)
    I read his post as subtly trolling people hence the capitalized Grammer.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    Ive never seen so many Devil's Advocates in one place...

But i fear that i just summoned someone to post some sort of "Devil's Advocate" meme or gif.

For real, though... Theres enough advocates here to create a service to hire out to someone looking for capable counter-point lawyers no matter how small or inconsiquential the details.

I wonder what the going rate could be...  

In all seriousness, im also in the boat of wanting more info, and was happy to see that i missed like 50+ messages, but dismayed to only see it was due to a complete derailing, followed by attempts to repair and derail further.

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2019
    I think we scared lakestone/icex away...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they are discussing with their lawyers on how to craft the perfect message that has not more than one way of interpretation for MPQ players around the globe. It will probably take a couple months given all the nuances that they have to be aware of.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I think they are discussing with their lawyers on how to craft the perfect message that has not more than one way of interpretation for MPQ players around the globe. It will probably take a couple months given all the nuances that they have to be aware of.
    A couple months? They only had a couple of weeks, and the end time is nigh. Bwah ha ha ha ha!
  • Aldaen
    Aldaen Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Three weeks and counting.  How many weeks have to pass before we all agree it is no longer a "couple weeks"
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    This is the danger of using "Ideal Person-Days" when estimating tasks rather than a Nebulous Time Unit (NTU) like a Story Point. When you say something is going to take N Ideal Days, it gives a false sense of precision due to the overloading of the term "day" here. People outside your contextual group will assume you mean the standard definition of day, ie a day on the calendar, rather than the Agile Project Management jargon definition of an hypothetical uninterrupted 8hr work day. Here "a couple weeks" can only have meant "14 ideal man days" which could be anything from 9-20 actual calendar days of work due to holidays, weekends, email interruptions, meetings, inter-office pandemics, etc. 

See also:
    http://www.base36.com/2013/01/picking-a-side-in-the-story-points-vs-ideal-days-debate/

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/month-of-sundays--a

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    What's more likely...that a couple weeks meant the standard definition, and it turns out the info simply wasn't ready to share as expected...or this was alternate industry specific usage of a word on a layman's message board, an elaborate ruse, or outright linguistuc trickery to buy more time while simultaneously angering the people it was meant to make happy?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if the devs told us it will be released around end of November, it doesn't mean that it will happen according to plan. They can always activate Valve Time and you can't impeach them because things didn't happen as scheduled. It"s similar to the clause you find in many companies like " We have the right to change.... at our own discretion."

If you want to continue to bite on them regarding this or dimiss Valve Time as an excuse, you are making yourself frustrated and showing that you refuse to acknowledge or understand how the game development industry works. 

I think for the time being, just check back again during the next few holidays like Veteran/Thanksgiving/Chrismas Day which fall on 11/11, 11/28 and 25/12.