New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST is always evolving and improving. This last year's Anniversary was another success, with two new story events that had record setting numbers of players going through them. As we move out of the Anniversary events themselves, we'll continue to do this with not only new events but also new features.

For example, one of the biggest things players have been asking for is a way to direct progress towards given characters, especially those that aren't directly featured in a given pack. Both the Saved Heroes and Bonus Heroes systems help with this, but we can go even further. Directed progress is super important for players to feel as if they can get more powerful by playing to have the tools they need to succeed.

By working with this new coming soon feature, players will be able to choose which characters they want to directly go for and get covers to complete. On top of this, the feature is visible and easily trackable, so players will always know how close they are to that next character milestone.

This feature has been a focus of our development recently, along with our continued engine updates. We're excited to provide you more info in the coming weeks, but wanted to provide you with a little teaser today!

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is good news and hope this comes out shortly. One would assume that limited characters will not be able to take part in this new feature. 

Am excited to see how this plays out and how much it can help. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    all we have so far is the theory. and I guess this theory sounds good. looking forward to actually seeing how it works, and to what extent it'll help with dilution.

Yay for new features!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds awesome! Can’t wait to hear more.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe the artwork should be gender unspecific... (maybe not bald also)
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Very exciting news! Glad to hear about this positive change! Looking forward to using it
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Just as I suspected and mentioned in a couple other threads. The final big item related to anniversary would be something to deal with dilution.

Looking forward to the details and I hope it's as specific as a certain color cover for the given character and not just a random cover when progress is reached.

KGB
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So... it kinda sounds like a less-random Bonus Hero? So instead of a Bonus Hero with X odds, there's some sort of visible progress bar so you can see yourself inching closer to it, instead of just waiting and hoping you get one eventually? You're guaranteed one after a certain amount of time/effort, and can't be bothered by bad RNG giving them to you less often than average. So it would implement a "streak breaker" by removing the possibility of a bad streak you'd want to break in the first place.

Big questions would be 1) do we get some sort of control over the color of the cover, and 2) does this coexist with Bonus Heroes, or replace/upgrade them?

I used my Bonus Hero to finish Okoye while Kitty was in Latest, and have been chasing Kitty ever since, and even with several Bonus Heroes over months and months still have an uneven distribution (5/1/9, I believe). Even if it isn't so spectacular as to let us pick the color of the cover we chase, having measured progress towards more covers instead of just hoping for a Bonus Hero "eventually" is an improvement.

And if I'm reading between the lines correctly... there's some flexibility on your end that could be fun for us in the future.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I'm very interested to see how this is in game.
  • Urukele
    Urukele Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Look forward to the new feature, hopefully it's a XP base system and not a rebate on $-pack.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Excellent development! Thanks so much for doing this.

Targeting Heroes sounds like it will greatly assist in building up characters that are low in one color for example. I'm sure gaining shards or whatever process you decide upon will take work and accumulation, and higher tier characters will need much more to gain a level. 

So one question remains, can we use Red-Iso to spend on this? Because I have tons of that.  :smiley:  
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    turul said:
    Maybe the artwork should be gender unspecific... (maybe not bald also)
    That's just the artwork for that character in particular. He can't help that he's bald!
    And here I thought it was Okoye
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    Urukele said:
    Look forward to the new feature, hopefully it's a XP base system and not a rebate on $-pack.
    Of course it’s going to be monitized. I’d be shocked if it isn’t. Still sounds excellent.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearly it’s the new upcoming 5* Talos.
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Can you give some details on what counts as progress towards your target hero cover? Opening tokens, placement in events ect?
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    awesome idea!! cant wait to see it live!!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    chrisH said:
    Can you give some details on what counts as progress towards your target hero cover? Opening tokens, placement in events ect?
    Those kind of details will be coming out in the next couple weeks, yes.