New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

1121314151618»

Comments

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I didn't know people will be happy even if the dev pop in and explicitly say there isn't any update. This must be something new. By not saying anything, it's as good as saying there isn't any update. 

I'm sure they said before if they have something conclusive, they will let us know. 

And we know most of you are happiest with more detail and dislike when something you're expecting changes, so we typically talk about new things when we're certain of the details. 
    It's challenging to do satisfying stand-alone Q&A - so many of the things that people naturally want to know are "when is X coming" or "how will Y change in the future", and those aren't questions that can really be honestly answered until there's an announcement to make. Maybe the solution there is to have that sort of interaction around announcements, and then there will be a bunch of questions about whatever change we're talking about that have a more interesting answer than "we're looking into it".

Maybe the solution for more communication is that those group of players learn to behave rationally instead of going into rage modes when things don't happen the way they envisioned it.

I believe most of us are adults here. No one like to have their profession insulted, spit on, have every single word they wrote analysed and used it against them in the future, have their explanations dismissed as excuses etc. Be honest. If you know a group of people who love to do this kind of things to you, what's the possibility that you would want to interact with them frequently unless it's necessary?

I don't think it's a coincident that they prefer to interact in discord rather than in here. I think the solution is obvious.

I'm assuming they don't update the forum with announcements, patch notes, etc for fun. If they're doing it because it is required of them, then it is the definition of necessary. 

If I'm doing any of my duties in such a way that my customers are frequently upset, I'll have more than just their moods to worry with.

I'm not saying they should be taken to the streets and beaten, but I am saying that if the player reaction is as much of a problem as you suggest (implying many players are frequently upset), then it's probably worth re-evaluating how they handle information.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    One of the major updates in the last patch was that all players are now forced to do new downloads, you can no longer wait to do so.  They explicitly stated this was to prevent cheating/manipulation.  My guess is the they had to do this with the new feature coming out or it would have been a target for terrible manipulation.  
    This is probably a question I should know better than to ask but...where did they explicitly state this?
    I saw it in the Steam update about the latest patch I believe.  I will try to verify, see if I can find it again. I paraphrased but I believe it said abuse of potential situations and to also prevent bugs/glitches as well. I may have been dreaming lol but I thought I saw it a few days ago. bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    One of the major updates in the last patch was that all players are now forced to do new downloads, you can no longer wait to do so.  They explicitly stated this was to prevent cheating/manipulation.  My guess is the they had to do this with the new feature coming out or it would have been a target for terrible manipulation.  
    This is probably a question I should know better than to ask but...where did they explicitly state this?
    I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding on this point.  The R190 notes say:

"Players can no longer avoid downloading the daily patch. This is important to avoid game-breaking bugs."

This specifically refers to the patch that is pushed to your device once a day (not every day, since it is a manual process on the part of Demiurge).  You don't (at least, I don't) have any choice in the matter on iOS as it is fully automatic, but apparently at least some Android people were able to play without doing it and had to manually accept the update.

Anyway, I don't know exactly how this would impact the larger Patches which you need to manually accept and download, although the game has, for a while, stopped you from playing after about one day if you don't download the newest revision.  (Again, for me, at least.)

This change may be related to Targeted Heroes or may be mostly a separate issue that will help the developers maintain stability etc more easily.
    It is possible I misread a steam notice at 1AM finishing my last clear a few nights ago before bed!  I do remember it was in Steam itself, not the D3 website or forums.  I know in Steam, some time ago you used to be able to put off the downloads for a time, I never did myself and haven't tried or noticed if that is possible anymore.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread is unstickied...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!??! I'm not sure I can take much more of this, better lie down for a couple few minutes...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Maybe that there is no news that will be posted on this thread, and instead on a new one.

Maybe we discovered the time limit for a thread to automatically be un-stickied (24 days).

Maybe it's time to have a grilled cheese sandwich instead of futilely clicking on a very old thread hoping for news to appear.

I have a couple more ideas, but I don't really have time to type out 50 more meanings right now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna go nap! 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'm gonna go nap! 
    We will wake you up in a couple days. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that the R189 AND R190 threads are still sticky though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that the R189 AND R190 threads are still sticky though.
    Hmmmm....The R189 thread is two days older than this one.

If someone said the limit is 24 days, they are wrong.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Sticky limits are undoubtedly not a thing, any of the other sub forums have perms-sticky topics (your bugs are being read, we assure you!)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe that there is no news that will be posted on this thread, and instead on a new one.

Maybe we discovered the time limit for a thread to automatically be un-stickied (24 days).

Maybe it's time to have a grilled cheese sandwich instead of futilely clicking on a very old thread hoping for news to appear.

I have a couple more ideas, but I don't really have time to type out 50 more meanings right now.
    Sorry, grilled cheese sandwiches now require you to collect shards before you can eat them.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    If a grilled cheese sandwich costs $1.99 US, and you find (on average) $.02/day through just existing in the world, your ability to get a grilled cheese on purpose probably aligns with that acquisition rate.
  • shardwick
    Sure, but I'm losing the ability to possibly get a bonus drink to go with my sandwich.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Sure, but I'm losing the ability to possibly get a bonus drink to go with my sandwich.
    Yes. But! You get to choose bread or cheese. 

The cake is still a lie though.
  • shardwick
    jp1 said:
    shardwick said:

It's still real to me, dammit.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 498 Mover and Shaker
    jp1 said:
    shardwick said:

There. Are. Four. Cakes!