New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if the ability to use Command Points to purchase a cover for a character will go away? 
    Replacing this with the new Targeting and perhaps a 'shard' system would make a lot of sense, and it could be coded right into this area of the character build screen.

Theoretically, a 'shard' based system could use the similar CP cover-purchase schema, currently:
    720 CP for a 5* cover
    120 CP for a 4* cover
      20 CP for a 3* cover

Therefore, a 6x multiple per tier in equivalent Shards would make a lot of sense.  

The Dev's have probably realized that we aren't purchasing many covers with CP directly from the character build screen, as we all know it's a very low CP-efficiency way to acquire covers.

So could Targeting just replace this?

You could make a good argument that they'd keep the CP purchase function. That way each HfH package continues to feel like a good deal, even at the 500 CP price for newer 5* character covers comparatively to the 720 CP etc.

Creating a new resource for us to compete for, and to potentially pay a bit to ensure we acquire, could be a smart move on their part - as long as the availability is not absurdly difficult or scarce
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if that "new resource" has been with us all along? What if...it's RISO?! <dun dun Duuuuun!>

Supports are dead, long live Supports!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    What if that "new resource" has been with us all along? What if...it's RISO?! <dun dun Duuuuun!>

I would love a direct conversion, or have it work for both/either.
    Have 2.6M RIso currently, and that's low compared to many.  

I mentioned this very thing on page 1 lol.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/898248/#Comment_898248

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean if your riso is high, it probably means your Support pulls haven't been very good.

I keep leveling Supports and only a few thousand riso on hand.  I have a Rank 5 Blackbird, about 7-8 Rank 4's maxed, and am working on a few of my Rank 3's which are decent.

I'd probably trade in some Supports for shards of characters, though.  Now that I see I will never use about half of them, if not more.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, now that supports have congealed, i've been leveling them from top to bottom so i'm generally pretty dry on RISO. I have 6 4*s leveled, 7 3*s with 6 leveled and one 2/3 finished, and then the rest are 2 and 1s in various states of build. I have about 15K
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, now that supports have congealed, i've been leveling them from top to bottom so i'm generally pretty dry on RISO. I have 6 4*s leveled, 7 3*s with 6 leveled and one 2/3 finished, and then the rest are 2 and 1s in various states of build. I have about 15K
    I’m doing the same, particularly for supports I actually use. If they use riso as this new feature, I’m not going to be happy. Lol
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:

I'd probably trade in some Supports for shards of characters, though.  Now that I see I will never use about half of them, if not more.
    Is there a way to sell supports? I don’t see one currently. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf said:

Is there a way to sell supports? I don’t see one currently. 
    No, not at all.  I just figured if we are pretending Riso could fuel Targeted characters, I could pretend I could trade in my useless Hulkling for some of that currency. 
  • Aldaen
    Aldaen Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    RickOShay said:

I would love a direct conversion, or have it work for both/either.
    Have 2.6M RIso currently, and that's low compared to many.    
    Sitting on well over 5M Riso, and I'm sure there are plenty with more.  I only have 3 4* supports and they suck.  My best is 3* Talon Fighter, which I maxed along with a couple of maxed 2*, which add a little value.  Otherwise, they're pointless.  I'd be thrilled with an alternate use for my Riso.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I like the „achievement“ idea to get things for chars. Could breathe new wind in this DDQ or even sim. However, from what D3 has added to the game in 5 years has shown us, that this would too complex for them to implement. So, it‘ll surely be either cover pull based, prog/win/placement based or a new/existing currency.

If it‘s a new currency, let me be the first to coin it Shiso.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Hot take theory: they don't have anything planned. Ice just made the teaser announcement to get us started, and now that we came up with all these ideas they picked one at random and are throwing it together. 
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    When do they plan on release it? When is the next update for this? Cause this is already stale and we need some more news for this.
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2019
    jp1 said:
    I know it’s an exciting development, but if we start giving them a hard time about the timeline for rollout we won’t be seeing early teasers like this in the future. 

I think being positive and having some patience is key in this situation if we really want the communication we keep asking for.
    Fair, but it's been almost 2 weeks (13 days).

I mean of course it's nice to have official word they are working on something (although maybe part of this was getting ahead of the rampant spreading of datamined info that this system is coming) but maybe they could commit to at least a weekly update with some information or a target or a progress bar or something.

As things stand we got some early information and a few questions answered, but now have heard basically nothing on here for a week on any thread.

I don't think frustration is out of place in that situation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah...see all of the above is why this thread is a disaster. We have gone from targeting heroes to Red Iso and quite clearly human sacrifice will be next on the speculation merry-go-round. 
    I'm not sure I want teasers THIS early if it's going to be 100% ghost town for <indeterminate period of time> before any news shows up again. 
     /\
    This.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, I understand being frustrated. I agree an update is warranted, but it is possible that during development there were some unforeseen challenges, something came up in QA, final approval is sitting on someone’s desk who is out for vacation, etc... 

They might not have an answer is my point. I’m just saying if they get backlash when they listen to ya and offer some communication history seems to indicate they will just stop altogether, not pop in and offer additional info as requested.

Also, to be fair they have already indicated the timeline was not specific. I’m not trying to invalidate anyone’s feelings of frustration here, I have them too...I just think we need to temper our expectations a little.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Sure, I understand being frustrated. I agree an update is warranted, but it is possible that during development there were some unforeseen challenges, something came up in QA, final approval is sitting on someone’s desk who is out for vacation, etc... 

They might not have an answer is my point. I’m just saying if they get backlash when they listen to ya and offer some communication history seems to indicate they will just stop altogether, not pop in and offer additional info as requested.

Also, to be fair they have already indicated the timeline was not specific. I’m not trying to invalidate anyone’s feelings of frustration here, I have them too...I just think we need to temper our expectations a little.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m talking practicality here, not what’s right or wrong. 

If people want to prevent this type of communication in the future then negative backlash is a sure fire way to accomplish that. 

Sure you can scream about the breadcrumbs not being a sandwich, do you think you will get the sandwich or they will quit throwing the crumbs? Hedge your bets wisely.

I am as frustrated as anyone about lack of communication. The fact is it’s entirely in their hands how to respond, it’s easier to spin a meeting in your favor with “look at how they respond when we give them something” than it is to say “I abandoned the thread for two weeks and people got upset”. Which seems more likely? 

Anyway, it’s not a hill I’m ready to die on. Folks will do what they will do.