Captain Hammertime and his broken friends

Options

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LLohm said:
    My thoughts @fight4thedream and you’re free to keep yours if you still don’t find the sense behind it. Both sides to the coin.

Whales don’t chase 4*. They’re byproducts of the act of chasing 5*.

The time for spending in the 4* tier has long past even if its meta. 

The sheer amount of pulls super whales need to cover those huge 550s are frequently enough to create more than a few maxed champed 4* via BH.

I can’t speak on behalf of the mega whales but I am betting that if their 550s are easily squashed by Worthy Cap and Bishop teams, it brings into light the question of why bother with 550s. 

Why did Demiurge try to relegate the worth of their 5* is more called into question. Once the shiniest trophies are trodden upon, it will result in loss of revenue as people don’t need or see the want to chase that anymore.

The chase for a specific 4*, diluted as it is is never the equivalent of the chase of a 5*.

To be more specific on hoarding, if players cannot find a 5* that tickles their fancy, buying will slow and people will just hoard instead. There are enough people walking around with 20k CP.
    To be honest @Llohm, it was presumptuous on my part to assume I understood the mentality of mega whales. I don't.

Looking back on my response to your initial post, I can see it was more a reflection of my own values and views of the game than any sort of legitimate analysis of mega whale spending. You bring up a legitimate question on the value of max champing 5*s in a meta where such teams are defeated by significantly lower level teams, whether it be Okoye/Thor or a 4*/5* combo.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify your thoughts.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just tried a hawkcap team in shield sim class of 2015. i knew i was going to lose, but i thought i'd try bishop + gritty. to see what would happen.

my team was stun-locked after 3 turns and downed in 5. yeah. i think the first run of galactus was more fair... 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since Hawkcap is going to spam powers, Dr Strange would be a natural choice to deal with them. Strange+GotG should take Cap down once two or three powers are fired. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since Hawkcap is going to spam powers, Dr Strange would be a natural choice to deal with them. Strange+GotG should take Cap down once two or three powers are fired. 
    next time i will try that.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    just tried a hawkcap team in shield sim class of 2015. i knew i was going to lose, but i thought i'd try bishop + gritty. to see what would happen.

my team was stun-locked after 3 turns and downed in 5. yeah. i think the first run of galactus was more fair... 
    Try bishop/5* strange/okoyoe.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jredd said:
    this is why we need some manner of 'training barracks' where you can pick your opponents, set levels and all that and just try matches + combinations.
    This This This. I've wanted something like this the game's launch and am dumbfounded it doesn't exist yet. It wouldn't be hard to implement; no rewards, minimal new art, and no new A.I. -- just setting an opponent team of three, levels and power levels, and have at thee. If only there were some in-universe excuse to justify this ROOM of DANGER.........
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Options
    jredd said:
    jredd said:

Try bishop/5* strange/okoyoe.
    i'll try that too.

this is why we need some manner of 'training barracks' where you can pick your opponents, set levels and all that and just try matches + combinations.
    It actually works, at least for unboosted cap, had one in sim, took double silver ap, double purple blue ap and all ap stock ups with me, was a quick victory, only real damage came from a jj trap tile
    also remember Strange‘s stun can destroy ap, so place on blue and red

• theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Just fought Hawkeye5, Peggy and Hammercap. Absolutely awful. I tried Okoye, Deadpool and Drax but had no chance.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    theomen said:
    Just fought Hawkeye5, Peggy and Hammercap. Absolutely awful. I tried Okoye, Deadpool and Drax but had no chance.
    You need Strange against that team.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    theomen said:
    Thanks. I'll try. To me it seemed borderline broken but it's early days.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    theomen said:
    Bowgentle said:
    theomen said:
    Thanks. I'll try. To me it seemed borderline broken but it's early days.
    It's completely broken, but it'll get easier to handle once Cap's new char buff time is over.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    theomen said:
    With 30 blue ap turn 1 Peggy is going to stun 2/3rds of your team.   Then you're going to eat a Peggy red.  If Strange isnt the one who was stunned hes dead within 3 turns.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    dkffiv said:
    Bowgentle said:
    theomen said:
    With 30 blue ap turn 1 Peggy is going to stun 2/3rds of your team.   Then you're going to eat a Peggy red.  If Strange isnt the one who was stunned hes dead within 3 turns.
    Strange Bishop Okoye?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This team is insanely hard to beat. Probably even harder than Bishop teams, although that could be because I lack the appropriate teams to get around it. 

I’ve had occasional success with Gritty/Bishop as well as Okoye/XFDP/Sabretooth if I bring AP boosts and get a favorable board. Other times the AI makes a stupid choice with the AP pool and I survive long enough to sneak in a win. 

Certainly understand the frustration though, but I stubbornly refuse to ever advocate for a nerf. I’ll just be hoping I luck into 5 Hawkeye to join the fun.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I am not going to pretend that any nerf will occur. Not enough staff anymore, not any money in it.

I would like to know how people feel once Hammercap has been given out in PVE 1-2 more times and suddenly there are a lot more champs walking around.

Sim will be a choice of skipping Grittyshop or Troll Team Cap.

Although Okoye/Strange/Bishop does work well against this particular flavor of "make a match and suffer".
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I am not going to pretend that any nerf will occur. Not enough staff anymore, not any money in it.

I would like to know how people feel once Hammercap has been given out in PVE 1-2 more times and suddenly there are a lot more champs walking around.

Sadly true, only way for sim is 75 wins then chuck out a troll team. If you want anything actually done about this the top end of the player base has to stop playing pvp. Play to 575 and all just quit and sit there. But greed and all that. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dkffiv said:
    Bowgentle said:
    theomen said:
    Welp, time to become part of the problem!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Although Okoye/Strange/Bishop does work well against this particular flavor of "make a match and suffer".
    Oh, I feel it now personally. Not even going to pretend it isn’t annoying. I can’t just subvert everything I believe about nerfs now that one of these super meta teams haven’t shaken out in my favor though.

I’ll be hoping for a useful and obtainable counter, until then I’ll suffer like the Bishop haters. Mild solidarity achieved.