Nerf Bishop

1262728293032»

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    It's much easier for D3 to tone down, but not completely gut the handful of over the top characters we have currently. As opposed to those who would like the current group of OP characters left alone and instead the other couple hundred characters who need buffs or in some cases redesigns, to get reworked. 

There are just too many characters that are left in the dust which is sad for a game that wants you to keep adding all the new characters they rapidly add to this game. It's also annoying to me and I'm sure others that some of the OP or metas are characters like Kitty, Okoye, Bishop, and not some of the bigger names you'd expect. 

If they want this game to keep going and hit a healthy consistent level across the board, then they really need to do some rebalancing. Especially broken PVP, between the OP club, **** matchmaking system, it's putrid these days and getting worse fast with the dilution added on top 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of drifted away from the forums as this thread started, it's interesting to still see it going: I figured folks would adapt and move on.

I saw Bishop as 'broken' early on, BH'd him exclusively and max champed him very early. You'll see me floating in sim with it often (I think I'm trying something else this season).

And honestly...that's basically the only place I see Bishop at all anymore. Now six+ months after I've max champed him I see lots of big bishops - when he's boosted he's not as great at that high level, without being able to choose two companions (sim) he doesn't seem that great in PVP.

I see way, waaaaay more Grokitty than any other 5/4 combo. I see way, waaaaay more Grocket/Juggz than any other 4/4 combo. I see almost as much Cap as I do Bishop these days, through PVP/LR's/Sim. From looking around at other teams out there, it seems like people have adapted and discovered ways to get around him (4*'s tend not to trigger Bishop/Cap...)

It makes me think twice and I can't just go into matches with expectations to win without thinking and without challenge. Is that bad? Guess that depends on what you were looking for.