** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) ** [PRE 2015-05]

Options

Comments

• Control shift makes her fingers look crippled. She's a broke ****. icon_e_wink.gif
  • She has fingers?
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    Jb what on earth are you blabbering about?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    You could put a fitted kitchen in there.

Oh that was funny
  • Not sure what the hell happened this afternoon. Fighting Moonstone in one of the last Hulk missions and her gravity shift didn't move my spidey web or protect tile and instead she eliminated one tile and did 1000+ damage to me.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Not sure what the hell happened this afternoon. Fighting Moonstone in one of the last Hulk missions and her gravity shift didn't move my spidey web or protect tile and instead she eliminated one tile and did 1000+ damage to me.
    Web doesn't count as they're not team-specific. Your protect tile, otoh, should have worked.
  • Forge wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Not sure what the hell happened this afternoon. Fighting Moonstone in one of the last Hulk missions and her gravity shift didn't move my spidey web or protect tile and instead she eliminated one tile and did 1000+ damage to me.
    Web doesn't count as they're not team-specific. Your protect tile, otoh, should have worked.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've seen spidey webs being moved by Moonstones purple Gravity-whateveritsnamed power. I'll have to check that out when I play next.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    I'm positive that at one point Gravity Warp did not move webs. It might or might not now -- haven't checked in some time.
  • I'm positive that at one point Gravity Warp did not move webs. It might or might not now -- haven't checked in some time.
    Perhaps she only had 2 ranks in Gravity Warp. I wonder if they always scale the abilities with the levels? I only checked the "Send Osborn a message" level, and she has rank 5, but I suppose it's possible that if she starts at level 17, and you're fighting her at 180, then she still only has the level 17 skills.
  • The ability rank levels of the enemies is definitely tied to their level. I don't recall ever seeing a hero not having level 5 abilities if they're higher than what level they normally could be if they were controlled by you, though.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    You could put a fitted kitchen in there.

That made me LOL. Thanks.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She got the Thunderous Clap!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Speaking of fitted kitchens, I just banned three different IP ranges that had been solely used by the spammers this morning. No users had used them, but if anyone from those particular ISPs in Uganda, Malaysia and Chile try to join later they're going to have a rough time of it.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    Control shift makes her fingers look crippled. She's a broke ****. icon_e_wink.gif
    Her fingers ain't broke. They just struggle to contain all that gap-generated Photon power.

Also, Unity, DjangoUnbuffed would like to have you if you're interested. Please swing by our alliance chat when you get a chance: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4031&start=240

Thanks.
  • I still do not understand why her gravity warp (purple) does not work for web tiles.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    I still do not understand why her gravity warp (purple) does not work for web tiles.

Maybe because web tiles aren't owned by either team. For instance Spidey and Venom don't discriminate when using stuns, heals, devours. The take in to account all web tiles regardless of which character from what team created them.
  • I have a 4/5/4 build right now. I dont know why, but I like gravity warp at 4 just because it narrows down the type of tiles I can hit... not by much but I guess it makes the randomness a little better? Im starting to think that Id like the extra damage though...

Moonstone might not be the best character ever but I do think shes abit underrated. They definitely need to lower the cost of her black to like, 12 or something. The fact that the countdown tile you take over is random makes it bad enough, but costing 17 is just too over the top.

Gravity Warp is pretty nice though. At level 5 it does just as much damage as Mjolnir's Might on 2* Thor for the same cost, but in the incredibly under-used purple color. Ive also been able to use it before to make some crazy color cascades. Especially against guys like Wolverine and Daken, it can set up an insane red cascade under the right conditions which can immediatley power a photon blast.

Photon Blast is iffy, once again you need the right circumstances. But Ive gotten 3000 damage off with it before which is pretty insane. Its all about pairing her with a board clearing character (Like Storm, which gives you rainbow coverage too btw) to refresh things after you match most of the red. Another viable option is IM40 who gives you red without requiring you to do any matches via recharge.

She also has a fantastic amount of HP at max level. Shes not the best character ever, and could definitely use some tweaking on D3s part, but I dont think shes as bad as everyone makes her out to be
  • MikeHock wrote:
    I still do not understand why her gravity warp (purple) does not work for web tiles.

Maybe because web tiles aren't owned by either team. For instance Spidey and Venom don't discriminate when using stuns, heals, devours. The take in to account all web tiles regardless of which character from what team created them.

That definitely sounds like the answer! Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • teorouge wrote:
    Sorry guys, did you observe a discrepancy between user and CPU rules for purple power? I mean, CPU can choose not to swap anything and simply crush tile and deal damage even with special tiles in play, while players must choose a special tile if there are any.

the CPU might not have the power fully leveled, meaning that she can only swap certain colors. So if none of the colors she has the ability to swap are on the board (Lets say she can only due purple black and blue) then none will be swapped and damage will be done

Heres a thought to make Moonstone more playable: on leve 5, make Gravity Warp destroy the selected swap spot and do damage, then swap the new tile into its place. How great would that be?
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Bygix wrote:
    teorouge wrote:
    Sorry guys, did you observe a discrepancy between user and CPU rules for purple power? I mean, CPU can choose not to swap anything and simply crush tile and deal damage even with special tiles in play, while players must choose a special tile if there are any.

the CPU might not have the power fully leveled, meaning that she can only swap certain colors. So if none of the colors she has the ability to swap are on the board (Lets say she can only due purple black and blue) then none will be swapped and damage will be done

Heres a thought to make Moonstone more playable: on leve 5, make Gravity Warp destroy the selected swap spot and do damage, then swap the new tile into its place. How great would that be?

Moonstone could use some tweaks. She's actually one of my favorite 2* being so underused and with a whopping 4.1k~ HP (Off the top of my head) at 85. I've got her at 5/5/3, which would be the norm for her.
    She needs only a little bit of loving and she'd be perfectly usable.

1)Her red's base damage should go up, and then just be left at +200 damage for each red on board. Very rarely will you have any red left on board after you charge her skill up. It's lame to see photon blast at 11 AP and do a pitiful 800 damage. As someone said, you need 13 Red on the field to do more damage than Adamantium Slash, which costs only 2 more Red. If you want to be lazy, just slap on team damage. A red AOE, even at 800 damage x3 would be good. There aren't any red tile generators (I think) so it's not like she's going to be doing obscene damage, unlike 2*, 3* Thors.

2)Gravity warp is nice. I was playing her a bit in the First Avengers pvp. I needed a purple user and just slotted her with LCap and Hood. Gravity warp does a solid 1k damage. The only change I'd recommend is at level 5, you have the option of swapping any tile or flat out collapsing it. Functionality is always good. You could swap a tile it for a crit, or if the board sucks just collapse it. This skill is surprisingly good in PVP. Unless of course you run into Daken icon_twisted.gif

3)Her black needs an overhaul. Couple of suggestions have been floating around. Lower cost and functionality or at 17 black, make it a game ender. Right now, it's pitiful, but there have been good times where I've stolen a high leveled tommy gun and won because of that in PVE. icon_e_ugeek.gif
This discussion has been closed.