** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) ** [PRE 2015-05]

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's the problem now, the meta game. Use Ares of Die.
    .Moonstone has so much potential. The Devs don't devs don't giv af cuz they feel like if no one is gona a have to pay for the cover then there's no point in touching it.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    Just don't play her.

2 stars are so common, you can easily form an Ares/OBW/Storm/Magneto team in a few PVPs.
    And those are all you really need in the 2 star range.

There are so many dysfunctional 3 and 4 star characters that need work, like Invisible woman, Beast, Doc Oc, Ragnarok, She-Hulk, Colossus, Elektra and Starlord, that it would be pretty insane if they spent any time at all on any of the bad 2 stars.

Just avoid leveling Moonstone, Bullseye, Bagman and Captain America.

2 star range is very temporary. Just bear through it and save your ISO for 3 and 4 stars.

Yeah I get the Elektra needs a buff (and make her head while in front of party smaller) but only on her purple power. Other wise she's fine

Invisible Woman : hmmmm having to rack up 13 blue ap is a lot especially when her health is bottom tier. The cost needs to be reduced to 9 other wise she seems pretty solid. She's a support character.
    I was thinking they could make force bubbles like Diabolical plot but that would be really op.

They could make it where she creates a Force bubble on a Random spot every turn there are less than 7 ( but then she would lose her protect tile

So because she loses protect tile make her yellow create a Protect tile and an invisible tile for a minimum of 12 ap fully covered. ( but wouldn't that be broken)

Her green power is perfect. I mean who gets 24 ap and a board shake up for only 8 ap

SHE HULK. YEAH SGE SUCKS. BUT I WOULD HATE TO FACE A HER IF SGE HAD GOOD POWERS. SHES FINE. SHE CAN HEAL, DEPLETE AP, DAMAGE THE WHOLE TEAM, AND REMOVE ENEMY SPECIAL TILES. <==== MAYBE SGE SITUATIONAL BUT PAIRED WITH A CHARACTER LIKE 3* THOR OR LUKE CAGE SHES TOP TIER.
  • Locking this thread. Please continue this conversation here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=790 in order to keep things organized.
    Thanks!
  • Has anyone tried her with a fully covered Cyclops? It seems like an interesting pairing, but I need more cy covers to try it myself.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just wondering, with the upcoming changes to MNMags, do you think Moonstone will be a viable partner for him now? She tanks purple for MNMags and his purple will add more red tiles on the board for Photon Blast. Thoughts?
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Moonstone is my favorite 2*character I have her max lvl 5/5/3 and I get a lot of use out of her. I wish they could make her black passive like falcon's redwing.it would make her so useful.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I got Moonstone quite recently and am using her for the first time in the gauntlet PVE event. She's underlevelled and i don't have her red power yet but i want to try her out on some of the easier nodes.

I get the blackflag.png skill, that makes sense to me even if it is costly.

However, the purpleflag.png skill makes no sense to me. I don't get how it works nor why you would use it. What does it do exactly? i've used it a couple of times and can't really get the hang of it. It seems really odd.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loftus wrote:
    I got Moonstone quite recently and am using her for the first time in the gauntlet PVE event. She's underlevelled and i don't have her red power yet but i want to try her out on some of the easier nodes.

However, the purpleflag.png skill makes no sense to me. I don't get how it works nor why you would use it. What does it do exactly? i've used it a couple of times and can't really get the hang of it. It seems really odd.

If the enemy has a special tile on the board it will swap it with any basic tile you choose (depending on the color of enemy special tile and how many covers you have for her). This skill is a complete crapshoot if there is more than 1 color of enemy special tiles on the board and borderline useless if they have 3 or more different color special tiles, which is why most people find it more useful to use if there are no enemy special tiles in which case it just blows up one basic tile and deals damage to the enemy. Blowing up one tile makes it easy to use to get a match and deal damage, whereas swapping tiles if there's more than one color could land you with nothing but 2 tiles in different places.

Her black skill is way overpriced and takes control of a random tile, which in some cases won't help you at all.

Her red is decent, but there are much better skills out there for red.

In summary: She's a pretty pointless niche character, that will be taking the spot of a useful character if you keep her.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Loftus wrote:

If the enemy has a special tile on the board it will swap it with any basic tile you choose (depending on the color of enemy special tile and how many covers you have for her). This skill is a complete crapshoot if there is more than 1 color of enemy special tiles on the board and borderline useless if they have 3 or more different color special tiles, which is why most people find it more useful to use if there are no enemy special tiles in which case it just blows up one basic tile and deals damage to the enemy. Blowing up one tile makes it easy to use to get a match and deal damage, whereas swapping tiles if there's more than one color could land you with nothing but 2 tiles in different places.

Her black skill is way overpriced and takes control of a random tile, which in some cases won't help you at all.

Her red is decent, but there are much better skills out there for red.

In summary: She's a pretty pointless niche character, that will be taking the spot of a useful character if you keep her.

thanks for the summary icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • konannfriends
    Options
    Photon Blast
    I think this power is perfect though the ap cost should be increased to 13. The damage it deals is just unfair for only 11 ap. or consider making it yellow? So it won't seem so useless. Come to think of it there isn't a 2 star with a damaging yellow power(I could be mistaken)

Control Shift blacktile.png 8 ap "MoonStone Controls the Enemies Power Source and uses it for herself. Shifting 2 ap from thier strongest color and adding it to the teams strongest color.
    1 cover: Shifts 2 ap ( Cost 8 black)
    2 cover: Shifts 4 ap ( Cost 10 black)
    3 cover: Shifts 5 ap ( Cost 10 black)
    4 Cover: Shifts 6 ap (Cost 11 black)
    5 Cover: Shifts all ap From the enemies strongest color ( cost 14 and ends the turn)

I really like what I've created and I think it really fits this character but if this is asking too much Please give it too a character Someday

i like the ideas you guys have but i just think a simple something for gravity warp would be easy.

have her swap 3 tiles.

or have her collaspe 3 ( this would make for great board manipulation
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think one of the simplest fixes to Moonstone's blackflag.png Control Shift would be if it became a passive ability, working similarly to Falcon's blueflag.png Redwing, as dfields3710 also suggested above.

"If the team has at least __ Black AP, Moonstone shifts control of one random enemy countdown tile to her team. Only one control-shifted countdown tile may be present at a time."

Higher ranks could reduce the AP requirement and possibly allow for two control-shifted countdown tiles @ 5 covers.
    Done.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would still be wonky against those enemies that make a bunch of purple CDs, but I do like the sound of that. Controlling one enemy CD at all times seems pretty awesome and ridiculous, but might actually be worth saving up 17 every time, unlike the current version (still think they should increase the "stun if no CDs" to like, 5 turns.) You'd kind of just own the fight after that point, however, and it's probably broken in multi-wave missions.

I think the simpler way to improve it would be to make it cost ~14 and targetable, or stunning for 3-5 turns with no CDs on the board.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    It would still be wonky against those enemies that make a bunch of purple CDs, but I do like the sound of that. Controlling one enemy CD at all times seems pretty awesome and ridiculous, but might actually be worth saving up 17 every time, unlike the current version (still think they should increase the "stun if no CDs" to like, 5 turns.) You'd kind of just own the fight after that point, however, and it's probably broken in multi-wave missions.

I think the simpler way to improve it would be to make it cost ~14 and targetable, or stunning for 3-5 turns with no CDs on the board.

even then 14 is still just to costly i think a solid 11 ap would be good. and maybe at level 5 covers the stun amount is increased to 4 at all times and the ap cost goes up to 13

i really like her purple but against anyone who has special tiles it then becomes essentially useless only to make a 3 or occasional 4 match. and then you dont even know which one shes going to switch

in my opinion they could keep the power the same but reduce the ap cost to 4 or 5 but no more.

and if they were to change it make her be able to choose the tile she swaps at an ap cost of 7

and for the last one let her choose a purple tile that then draws in 3 red tiles above and 3 black tiles below the purple tile. dealing damage and gaining ap. at max covers/ level, she collapses the gravity warp hole and it deals an additional 700 damage.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was playing deadpool quest today. On the the Dat Required Character, I was using Dr. Doom, 2* daken and 2*wolverine. I had 2 red strike tiles on the board, but the AI used a Moonstone Gravity Warp and instead of swapping a special tile, it collapsed a tile and caused damage. That was weird. Granted it wasn't very powerful, but it caused a cascade that just prolongs a **** match.
  • Unknown
    Options
    At lower covers, Gravity Warp has restrictions on what types of tiles it can affect, so if this Moonstone had just 1 cover, that's not a bug.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never noticed that, thanks. That is weird because if you want more damage, its almost better to have 1 cover for her.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi, all,

Will here from Demiurge to let you know about an upcoming change to Moonstone’s Control Shift power.

To refresh your memory, Control Shift steals an enemy Countdown tile and stuns the enemy if there are none. Upgrades increase the stun and can shorten the Countdown.

Control Shift can lead to some great stories (like that time Miles stole a Recovery Countdown from Wolverine (X-Force)), but it has a lot of drawbacks: It’s situational and complicated for a 2-star. It’s expensive to fire at 17 AP. The nature of the power doesn’t lend itself well to a clean, understandable upgrade path. And it adds development and testing effort to every power that uses a Countdown tile in a new way, creating bugs and taking time away from other features we could be developing.

We fought to make it work for a long time because it can lead to cool moments, but ultimately a simpler, less expensive ability makes more sense for this character.

The cost of Control Shift is decreasing from 17 to 9, and the power now steals enemy special tiles:
    At level 1, 1 Attack tile.
    At level 2, 1 Attack or Protect tile.
    At level 3, 2 Attack or Protect tiles.
    At level 4, 2 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.
    At level 5, 3 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

(As always, these numbers might change between now and when the change goes live as a result of further testing.)

Whenever we make significant changes to a character, we increase their sell price. That’ll be true for Moonstone, too: her sell price will increase (to roughly 50% of the Iso-8 that was needed to level her up, or the current sell price when that’s better) for 2-4 weeks when the change happens.

We expect this change to happen in a patch the middle of next week.