** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) ** [PRE 2015-05]

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Photon Blast is pretty average so far as 2* red goes. It is a very slow red power because even if you could just match red every move that wouldn't leave you with very many red left over for the criteria. Ironically it functions better as a TU skill since you don't have to match red to power it. I think only Adamantium Slash will beat it in damage in a somewhat favorable configuration (say 10 red on the board, more than the average but not unusual) but it can take a while for the board to replenish the reds. Compared to Hawkeye, anything that hits everyone is supposed to do more damage because otherwise it's almost always better to concentrate the damage on one person, and it gets a bonus for being a CD because it can be stopped the same way. Same applies to Magnetic Flux not to mention it's 5 matches to get it off. It's more like a power you use to take out the second person because you just won't have enough red replenished to take out the first guy in most games.
    10 red on the board puts it just barely above rampage's unboosted damage (*3 for each person on the team). And like you said it's expensive, 4 matches
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Photon Blast is pretty average so far as 2* red goes. It is a very slow red power because even if you could just match red every move that wouldn't leave you with very many red left over for the criteria. Ironically it functions better as a TU skill since you don't have to match red to power it. I think only Adamantium Slash will beat it in damage in a somewhat favorable configuration (say 10 red on the board, more than the average but not unusual) but it can take a while for the board to replenish the reds. Compared to Hawkeye, anything that hits everyone is supposed to do more damage because otherwise it's almost always better to concentrate the damage on one person, and it gets a bonus for being a CD because it can be stopped the same way. Same applies to Magnetic Flux not to mention it's 5 matches to get it off. It's more like a power you use to take out the second person because you just won't have enough red replenished to take out the first guy in most games.
    10 red on the board puts it just barely above rampage's unboosted damage (*3 for each person on the team). And like you said it's expensive, 4 matches

Anything that hits the whole team generally does more damage per AP than something that hits a single guy because there's significant value in being able to take out one guy quickly as opposed to wounding everyone. She doesn't work in practice because AR completely dominates Gravity Warp (or just about any other purple really) and red is easily covered in 2* so that leaves you with only Control Shift as her contribution to the team. If for whatever reason you don't have OBW Moonstone is quite playable, but I don't know why you'd want to do that unless you want just handicap yourself.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Anything that hits the whole team generally does more damage per AP than something that hits a single guy because there's significant value in being able to take out one guy quickly as opposed to wounding everyone. She doesn't work in practice because AR completely dominates Gravity Warp (or just about any other purple really) and red is easily covered in 2* so that leaves you with only Control Shift as her contribution to the team. If for whatever reason you don't have OBW Moonstone is quite playable, but I don't know why you'd want to do that unless you want just handicap yourself.
    Sure, but we're talking about her redflag.png. Which is nowhere near the 2nd best 2* red
  • Though fully covered, my icon_moonstone.png is perpetually level 15, and only through HailMary's constant declarations of undying love, does she even keep her spot on my roster every time a new character is released. So needless to say I don't use her much.

But did just have her gank my Recovery tile:

xG2Pq8t.jpg

Needless to say, I made the green match in the bottom left and killed her with X-Force the following turn...but I was tempted to let her heal just to see it happen.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gravity Warp
    Why on earth is Her Purple ability a radomizer when you all ready have to deal with the fact that her power is a maybe or maybe not depending if they have a special tile or not. SHE MANIPULATES, SHES NOT SCARLET WITH WITH LUCK POWERS.
    Explanation= This power wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost 8 ap. While 8 ap is cheap. Its worthless against a character like Daken only thing your gonna get is a 3 match.

How To make it better: There is three logical options #1 decrease ap cost to 4 while decreasing the maximum damage by half. #2: Keep the Power and it's cost the Same but if fully covered Always Damages. #3: get rid of the damage and just have her Swap 3 pairs of tiles for 9 ap only allowing access to any tile when fully covered.

Photon Blast
    I think this power is perfect though the ap cost should be increased to 13. The damage it deals is just unfair for only 11 ap. or consider making it yellow? So it won't seem so useless. Come to think of it there isn't a 2 star with a damaging yellow power(I could be mistaken)

Control Shift

Omg don't even get me started on the useless-Ness of this power 17ap -_- really? I mean I get 19 for Captain America's 3 strong protect tiles... but 17 black for a 2 turn stun?

Granted it does change "A" count down tile too your team but that's only if the oponent even has countdown tiles. If not then your saving 17 ap for.... Wait for it..... Wait for it..... Omg a 2 turn stun!.. -_-

How To Make it better: With the name control shift there's some good possibilities of what could be done with this power. But let's start with of you kept the power with the same theme. #1 Keep the Ap cost the Same but Make the stun 6 turns (since it Will probably take you 20 turns to get 17 ap -_-) and increase the maximum countdown tiles Converted to 2 That would be worth it #2: Reduce ap cost to 11 while stunning for 2 turns and converting 1 countdown tiles. #3: Remove Stun and Only allowing the Conversion of 5 count down tiles fully covered for 13 ap

Now if you were to revamp the power some simple ideas would be. #1: "MoonStone Controls the Enemies Power Source and uses it for herself. Shifting 2 ap from thier strongest color and adding it to the teams strongest color.
    1 cover: Shifts 2 ap ( Cost 8 black)
    2 cover: Shifts 4 ap ( Cost 10 black)
    3 cover: Shifts 5 ap ( Cost 10 black)
    4 Cover: Shifts 6 ap (Cost 11 black)
    5 Cover: Shifts all ap From the enemies strongest color ( cost 14 and ends the turn)

I really like what I've created and I think it really fits this character but if this is asking too much Please give it too a character Someday

*************FEED BACK APPRECIATED*********************
  • You want Moonstone, Bullseye, Yelena, and all the Dark Avengers broken and weak. We are fighting them and the better they are, Ares and Juggernaut, the more they can hurt us. Scaling is already bad enough, add the fact that goons feed the powers of the AI doesn't help either. Fixing them just makes life harder on everyone of us. That's why I don't get why people want them buffed.

Now if Demiurge is steadfast on fixing all the Dark Avengers please make the goon AP into just Team-Up AP so that the AI can't tap into it. That way the power AP and the goon AP can be separate fixing the issue of scaling somewhat. Now the AI has to collect the AP instead of just being given 3 or 4 AP a turn in their color, this will take longer giving us a chance. This would greatly slowdown Ares and Juggernaut the two biggest offenders of this AI exploit. Right now it is either you crush the AI with minimum damage or you get crushed and have to spend 3 health packs. This is just too random and frustrating. Many players have raged quit because of the horrible PvE play.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    Ummm I think I cane up with good balances. I didn't give her any damage buffs.?

What's the problem.
  • Just don't play her.

2 stars are so common, you can easily form an Ares/OBW/Storm/Magneto team in a few PVPs.
    And those are all you really need in the 2 star range.

There are so many dysfunctional 3 and 4 star characters that need work, like Invisible woman, Beast, Doc Oc, Ragnarok, She-Hulk, Colossus, Elektra and Starlord, that it would be pretty insane if they spent any time at all on any of the bad 2 stars.

Just avoid leveling Moonstone, Bullseye, Bagman and Captain America.

2 star range is very temporary. Just bear through it and save your ISO for 3 and 4 stars.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They should just make her purple a chosing power, not random. Once you're in 3-star land you usually only see her in buffed form and she can hit you pretty hard then. No improvement needed there.

Besides, Thor's yellow, Ares yellow are damaging yellows last time i checked.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No buffs for any Dark Avengers until the Dark Reign events are substantially reworked or completely abandoned, thanks.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please do not post the same topic multiple times. Not even to different forums.
  • Actually her purple and red are fine for a 2*. Remember, she is a 2*. I would lower the black AP cost, but that's it.

You do not need to increase the AP cost of her red. The inherent nature of this ability is that by the time you match enough red to use the ability, the board is usually pretty red barren.

Lazy Moonstone on the other hand. I would increase Purple and Red damage.

Black I would make steal all the CD's of one character. (Too bad Sentry was put into intensive care by the nerf bat).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What's the problem.
    The problem is that when we face her in PvE and she's buffed to lv300 or higher, she can already kick our ****. Why would you want to make that worse?
  • simonsez wrote:

What's the problem.
    The problem is that when we face her in PvE and she's buffed to lv300 or higher, she can already kick our ****. Why would you want to make that worse?

Good point. Daken was bad enough before blue and doom before purple. I'm thinking these third abilities is why they fixed match damage by scaled ai characters.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    If you dotn want her buffed cuz shes a 2 star....... then...... Whens Gold Star Moonstone (Thunderbolts)
    1007816-moonstone.jpg
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right after vampire Jubilee;

3425342-8677737234-X-23_.jpg
  • konannfriends
    Options
    Right after vampire Jubilee;
    Ewww never Not even relevant since 1900
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is a tiny window of time where every MPQ player wants buffs for Bullseye and Moonstone.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    There is a tiny window of time where every MPQ player wants buffs for Bullseye and Moonstone.
    So this happens to us all. When will I get over it cuz it's pissing me off that Ares gets 2k for 10 yellow , 1200 for 6 green and his red power does a lot of damage for his already overpowered moveset
  • Trisul wrote:
    So this happens to us all. When will I get over it cuz it's pissing me off that Ares gets 2k for 10 yellow , 1200 for 6 green and his red power does a lot of damage for his already overpowered moveset
    Well, then get an Ares...
This discussion has been closed.