** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) ** [PRE 2015-05]

Options

Comments

• Ronfar wrote:
    Is is just me, or does Gravity Warp actually do this, instead of what the description says?

If there is an enemy special tile on the board, choose one at random and swap it with the targeted tile. If there are no enemy special tiles on the board but there are allied special tiles, swap one of them with the targeted tile, destroy the special tile that was moved, and do damage. If there are no special tiles at all, destroy the targeted tile and do damage.

I've never had it move my special tiles. It just destroys the chosen tile and causes damage.
  • I've never seen Gravity Warp destroy or pull my own special tiles, though I swear sometimes the computer destroyed his own special tile with it.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    I used Moonstone along Bullseye in the Bad is Good event, and she killed my Protect tiles when I tried using Gravity Warp when my opponent didn't have any special tiles. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I have to agree with all that's been said. Moonstone seems too weak at the moment and her black power cost is way way way too expensive for what it does. I'm at 3/3/1 at the moment and I think I'll hold off on adding purple/red covers and await some change.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to agree with all that's been said. Moonstone seems too weak at the moment and her black power cost is way way way too expensive for what it does. I'm at 3/3/1 at the moment and I think I'll hold off on adding purple/red covers and await some change.
    Her red is actually pretty legit if you need to fill a red damage gap. It even increases greatly when there are multiple reds on the board. Her other two skills are the questionable ones.
  • I'm pretty sure for the all women's tourney, you'll be forced to use Moonstone.

Your setup would contain:
    One of the 3 Black Widows
    One of the 2 Storms

And the last one would be a choice between Invisible woman, Yelena, and Moonstone.

So, guess what? Unless you have a 230 Invisible Woman, you'll be using Moonstone.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I'm pretty sure for the all women's tourney, you'll be forced to use Moonstone.

Your setup would contain:
    One of the 3 Black Widows
    One of the 2 Storms

And the last one would be a choice between Invisible woman, Yelena, and Moonstone.

So, guess what? Unless you have a 230 Invisible Woman, you'll be using Moonstone.

Come on now, I wouldn't use a 230 Bag Lady over Miss Marvel **** icon_mrgreen.gif

But seriously I wouldn't, Moonstone has probably the best damage output of this tourney other than gsBW and cStorm's aoe skill.
  • C.Storm is a bit squishy, she's exposed when grabbing green. GSBW takes a bit of effort to get enough green.

Remember to kill c.storm first, otherwise if you save her for last, she'll nail your team with the nasty raging tempest at half hp.
  • Rule of thumb is always to take out Storm first, regardless of Classic or Modern. And that's even after the Passive Nerf.

Don't be quick to discount Modern Storm either. I've seen her generate almost infinite loops by spamming Mistress and Lightning, along with a team stun char like Venom or Modern BW.
  • Gravity Warp behavior is a bit weird. I've noticed that it can affect any enemy special tiles, and allied countdown/attack tiles, but not allied strike tiles? And for some reason, when it hits an allied tile, it destroys it, but doesn't do the same for enemy tiles? Is this skill working as intended?
  • It's not supposed to warp any ally tiles regardless of the level of the ability. I know what people mean with the ability seemingly randomly destroy your own tiles but I've never been able to reproduce it reliably, so either it's very rare or I just forgot about an enemy special tile somewhere.
  • I have to agree with all that's been said. Moonstone seems too weak at the moment and her black power cost is way way way too expensive for what it does. I'm at 3/3/1 at the moment and I think I'll hold off on adding purple/red covers and await some change.
    Her red is actually pretty legit if you need to fill a red damage gap. It even increases greatly when there are multiple reds on the board. Her other two skills are the questionable ones.
    You're right about this, but as fate would have it I have max red Thor. If she does not get changed, then I will go 5/5/3 because her black skills costs too much to be used at all, period.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I have her at 5/3/5 and I'm thinking that I made a mistake. I was operating under the assumption that I'd always have a better red character with her, but a 5 in her red could've been useful in the No Mans Land tourney. Though I recently swapped out Grey BW for Original BW and I was able to actually trigger her black for once. Too bad it was at the end of the match.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Yeah, I have her at 5/3/5 and I'm thinking that I made a mistake. I was operating under the assumption that I'd always have a better red character with her, but a 5 in her red could've been useful in the No Mans Land tourney. Though I recently swapped out Grey BW for Original BW and I was able to actually trigger her black for once. Too bad it was at the end of the match.

Her black is so bad, that one of the endgame Moonstones in the Hulk event was level 200+ and didn't even have a single cover in black.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's not supposed to warp any ally tiles regardless of the level of the ability. I know what people mean with the ability seemingly randomly destroy your own tiles but I've never been able to reproduce it reliably, so either it's very rare or I just forgot about an enemy special tile somewhere.

That's why I asked if it's working as intended. Using her during the tournament, I realized that if I Gravity Warped while the opponent had Hailstorm tiles out, it would switch as intended. But if I Warped while my own Hailstorm was out, it would switch and then destroy the switched tile instantly, dealing the skill's damage. Same thing happens with allied countdown tiles.
  • Her Red ability is underrated a little bit. Don't forget, if there are 10 red tiles on the board, it can easily deal around 2300 damage at max level.

About the same as Wolvie's adamantium slash actually...
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Her Red ability is underrated a little bit. Don't forget, if there are 10 red tiles on the board, it can easily deal around 2300 damage at max level.

About the same as Wolvie's adamantium slash actually...
    But there lies the problem. If you're matching red, there wouldn't be many red left on the board, and you'll have to wait a few turns. And the current meta here is rush/snowball/chain your spells asap so your opponent doesn't have time to respond, which means "waiting a few turns" is a big problem.
  • Pair Moonstone with a board clearer. I was using Moonstone, Original Black Widow and Modern Storm (my Classic is too low level) and Storm's green ability kept the number of red tiles available up and easily replenished AP. It made her black ability pretty useful as well.

The combination was particularly nice, Moonstone stunned and did pretty good damage with her red, Black Widow stole AP and healed, Storm cleared the board with her green and red. All 3 ranged between 30 and 40 in levels and I was consistently taking out teams that included Classic Storm and Grey Widow that were over level 40 and finishing with full health.
  • That's interesting, thanks for the tip. I do level up both OBW and Modern Storm, and could possibly try to Lightning Storm after I build up enough Red AP so I can get off a good Photon Blast.
  • Woukd making Moonstone black power (control shift) alter 2 -4 tiles instead of 1 help? I mean if it takes 19 ap why shoukdnt it be able to change more that 1 tile. And her purple power needs way more control, i was thinking she should be able to swap alot of tiles like magneto . . .
This discussion has been closed.