*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• I suggest all of you start bringing Spider-Man into PVP immediately. Don't bother shielding, either.

Include a 1* as your third if you want to make things super-efficient for me.
  • The only feasible way I could consider using Spiderman, is if the devs had some wacked out PvE node that featured a 'boss character'. One that hit like a ton of bricks and had a lot of HP's to chew through.

So, yeah ...
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Ghast wrote:
    I suggest all of you start bringing Spider-Man into PVP immediately. Don't bother shielding, either.

Include a 1* as your third if you want to make things super-efficient for me.

Way ahead of you man! Been doing that for months! Someone has to provide points in the 900-1000 point range.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    In light of the recent character and rules changes, I'm now referring to Spider-Man as, "Bagman II: Electric Boogaloo."
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    I'm now referring to Spider-Man as, "Bagman II: Electric Boogaloo."
    Yeah, now Spider-Man rating to Bagman, he's down from top 3 character to top 40 icon_lol.gif
  • Spidey is still better than Daredevil against all-goon teams...and that's about it.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    In light of the recent character and rules changes, I'm now referring to Spider-Man as, "Bagman II: Electric Boogaloo."

Yep, two nerfs in a month !!!

So I was going to respec him to 5/3/5 but now, after they nerfed healing, I wonder if it would be better to leave him 3/5/5 or 4/4/5. I suppose I won't be using blue a lot, but at least there are some usage differences from 4 to 5 blue (and maybe after they nerf Magneto it would be more useful). Right now my Spidey is 4/4/5 but I have a blue cover that will expire in two days, so I have to make a decision soon icon_razz.gif

Any advice?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    However you look at it he's useless; spec however you like and it seems to me that 5/3/5 is still best because that stun can't be relied on at all.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    I changed mine to 5/3/5, but I wish I'd stayed 3/5/5. Healing is now pretty much worthless -- at least with stuns they're situationally useful. So I'd say go with 3/5/5.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    john1620b wrote:
    I changed mine to 5/3/5, but I wish I'd stayed 3/5/5. Healing is now pretty much worthless -- at least with stuns they're situationally useful. So I'd say go with 3/5/5.

Agreed. I kinda regretted it switching from 5 blue to 5 yellow (previously 4/5/4). Now I need another blue + purple.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Considering the name of the game now seems to be damage prevention instead of healing, who has the best shield tiles when you consider easiest to obtain quickly? I'm assuming in volume of damage mitigated, Falcon would be among the highest, but 12ap takes a bit, even with boosting. With Spidey being passive, you can have a few on the board quickly. Mine isnt levelled, so I don't know how much they absorb though.

Thoughts?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    raek13 wrote:
    Considering the name of the game now seems to be damage prevention instead of healing, who has the best shield tiles when you consider easiest to obtain quickly? I'm assuming in volume of damage mitigated, Falcon would be among the highest, but 12ap takes a bit, even with boosting. With Spidey being passive, you can have a few on the board quickly. Mine isnt levelled, so I don't know how much they absorb though.

Thoughts?

Yeah I forget how the shild calculation goes, but base shield strength is 193 I beleive if maxed. One of the best defensive combos is spidey/falcon in terms of early shields. Match Purple, until you can fire off Falcon, then just match yellow, use spidey heal and you are pretty protected, albeit no dmg
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    193 is decent. You're right, that team wouldn't get touched, and the pinks provide great defense synergy. But it would take about an hour to kill anyone, so not sure it's a great overall option.

*Edit* I'm an idiot, I found the list.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Honestly, with the new healing changes, I wish they'd just get rid of all healing abilities and replace them with something else. By the time you can use them they're pretty much useless, and since there's only three abilities in the game (5 if you count Hot Dog Stand and the Lieutenant) it wouldn't be that much time. At least Spidey's yellow could be useful, then -- an offensive power would be nice.

(And then, make healing time for characters even shorter and increase health packs to make the game playable more often. But that's another [50-page] "discussion".) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Simply change his additional web-tile healing to true-healing. This way he's more more useful than OBW and still viable as a secondary support.
      Web Bandages - Yellow 12 AP
      Spider-Man webs makeshift slings, giving his team a burst of 142 health. If 3 or more Web tiles exist he converts them to bandages, true-healing his team for an additional 149.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Increases base burst healing to 199. Level 3: Increases base burst healing to 256. Level 4: Increases base burst healing to 312. Level 5: Increases base burst healing to 369.
      Max level 141 5/5: Burst heals for 2314 with an additional 934 true-healing with 3 Web tiles.
    • Cragger
      Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
      Krow, that is an elegant and simple compromise that would go a small way to making Spidey slightly closer to the power level that he deserves. Easy to implement with existing healing architecture. I would just want to make sure that the "true" healing goes in under the "burst" healing. Great idea!
    • Since not many people look at the suggestions forums, I'm linking this here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10864
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      Or replace his yellow with an offensive move. "Spider-Man swings into battle, doing X damage plus Y for every web tile. Web tiles are then destroyed, but do not generate AP."

Wouldn't that be more fun?

Note: I still think web tiles are a broken mechanic, I'm just offering something that matches his current systems.
    • Nonce Equitaur 2
      Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
      Suggested change for his Blue power.
        Web Interference - Blue 5AP
        Spider-Man picks a strategic spot for a web countdown tile. Opponent powers using the chosen color are unusable for 2 rounds. When the countdown is over, just the webbing remains.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Powers are unusable for three rounds. Level 3: Countdown tiles powered by the chosen color are halted. Level 4: Protect, Strike, and Attack tiles of the chosen color stop functioning. Level 5: Interference lasts for 4 rounds.
      • Suggested change for his Blue power.
          Web Interference - Blue 5AP
          Spider-Man picks a strategic spot for a web countdown tile. Opponent powers using the chosen color are unusable for 2 rounds. When the countdown is over, just the webbing remains.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Powers are unusable for three rounds. Level 3: Countdown tiles powered by the chosen color are halted. Level 4: Protect, Strike, and Attack tiles of the chosen color stop functioning. Level 5: Interference lasts for 4 rounds.

I'd actually leave blue as is, and make this his yellow. Might be enough to make him useful again--and what on earth, canon-wise, does Spidey have to do with healing anyway?