*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it's been a couple of days after the bugfix to Spidey and we've only seen 4 posts. What do people think about this new Spidey? It seems like his new role has become 3* bullseye, which seems somewhat viable now.
  • So it's been a couple of days after the bugfix to Spidey and we've only seen 4 posts. What do people think about this new Spidey? It seems like his new role has become 3* bullseye, which seems somewhat viable now.

Well, now he at least have that one ability so those who have him maxed AND nothing else on the roster may as well put him -- and he is now actually better than bagman of bulls by a small margin.

It's also good that the protect is big right on and the increase not worth worrying about.

But the whole discussion still applies, the skills are weak in the game and cost way too much, anyone else does a better job for the team and dropping ISO his way is a waste. If yellow costed 9 and blue 4 he might get considered though still unlikely make the cut. But at least be in the race. And that difference is huge.
  • The recent change they made to buff his purple after the nerf is nice. Hes back to at least having a support role as a purple match character which is what I used him most for on my team anyway. Thats a far cry from being a good or even decent character though. Hes still a horrible blue ap spender. Yellow is about where it should be I suppose. The issue is getting out web tiles is damn near impossible and protecting them for the amount of time it takes to collect blue AP is just a hassle that is no where worth it. You can be doing damage for the amount of ap with other characters and killing off characters instead of stunning for a few turns. Im not sure how to fix it. Maybe one stun should put 3 web tiles out so that they arent as hard to protect and hes much better after the first stun used. The current ap spent compared to the results is very much out of wack for blue. I have used him on a couple team with another blue user as well and I NEVER spend the AP with spiderman, always a different character. Which in turn means no web tiles making all his abilities weak.

Spiderman isnt feared at all compared to a character like Ares or Widow at lvl 85.....

However the purple buff is a step in the right direction. He has a purpose on a team now. Protect tiles. Blue isnt worth using almost at all.
  • Some were asking what the IceIX tracker is. Here
    http://mpqjunkie.com/iceix-tracker/

It's a little backdated, so I guess you guys are going to have to find better means to stalk him.

Wow. No one likes my song. Seriously?
  • An active heal that heals 2500, a 5AP stun, and passive shields that protect 110-190...

Definitely worthless...
  • Now imagine You're this geek guy, who just got into MPQ.

"Wow, Spider-Man [both variants]! Wow! Wo! My fav char! I will max him, he will be my main!"

And after a while, when this guy is hooked up to the game, he learns that Spidey sucks. But, as he's hookep up, he might decide to buy some ISO/HP to level other hero.

D3 wins:
    alien-vs-predator-whoever-wins-we-lose-paul-ws-anderson-3700999.jpg
  • Kuchiri wrote:
    An active heal that heals 2500, a 5AP stun, and passive shields that protect 110-190...

Definitely worthless...

This is a statement from someone who isn't currently using Spiderman.
  • I don't have all his covers yet. I plan on maxing Doom next after Patch, then Hulk, then Iron Man M40. If I get another one of his covers then he will be the one after M40, and I plan on using him as a support with Patch. Fewer enemy strike tiles from Patch's green and Protect tiles to soften any hits from Patch's green.

Then with Patch not needing Yellows, 2k team heals are nice.
  • Kuchiri wrote:
    I don't have all his covers yet. I plan on maxing Doom next after Patch, then Hulk, then Iron Man M40. If I get another one of his covers then he will be the one after M40, and I plan on using him as a support with Patch. Fewer enemy strike tiles from Patch's green and Protect tiles to soften any hits from Patch's green.

Then with Patch not needing Yellows, 2k team heals are nice.
    By the time You max Patch, then Doom and Hulk, You will know whom not to level next.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Spider-Man and OBW are still the only characters that can heal the whole team, and Spidey's heal is still stronger than OBW's. He won't be doing much stunning, but we're kinda stuck with him because healing can be just that important. His Purple skill is also good again; even with no Web tiles in play, they block a lot of match damage. As things stand now, we might want to consider going 5/3/5 and using Spidey as a healer and protect tile generator and just forget about stun locking. (And even a one turn stun can still shut down Hulk's Anger for long enough to use an offensive power or two.)

He's definitely a shadow of his former self, but you'll still need him for when you're running low on health packs.
  • yeah, the purple is fixed and the yellow is fine. the blue is absolutely terrible though. c.storm and mbw give you much better options for stunning, and i'd use CA over him too, since he can hurt things (though his build up is steep). now you really need mn.mags or im40 (or cmags) to battery your blue (mn is better). you can stunlock 2 enemy heroes at once, but that's about the limit now. 5/3/5 sounds like heresy, but that's just how badly his blue power has fallen.
  • i guess something will be done for spidey blue skill..Atm it's quite useless.
    I think 4 tiles to get blue skill should be fine, otherwise stun power should be increased by 1
    (starting with 2 turns and so on)
  • Yeah I think they will visit his blue power again as well and adjust it to be better or possibly different. If stunning is such a volatile topic then just change his blue completely to something else D3. Its bad as is. Id rather have a different power (damage or support) that replaces what seems to be a an unusable skill now.
  • They are never going to go back and change things. They are a small staff and would rather focus on new content instead. Which is why so many heroes still lack a third skill and many of the 2* characters are worthless.

Not being a wet blanket, just letting you know the reality of the game.
  • After how much time they got back to Rags to make him reasonable again?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    The easiest way to fix him is to allow random web tile creation on yellow or blue tile matches, i would say purple but purple already creates random defensive tiles. This would allow spidey to combo matches in order to boost his other skills. It would fit, it would be easy, and it wouldn't be overpowered. Therein lies the problem with spiderman all along. His blue was so cheap because it relied on web tiles and the only way to create web tiles was blue. When they changed blue, the power of the skill is fine, but the web tile portion of it is crippling, because you can only make web tiles with blue. If they allowed another way to make a webtile it would leave his blue skill very good as you wouldn't need to rely only on blue to pump blue.
  • summerlui
    summerlui Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The easiest way to fix him is to allow random web tile creation on yellow or blue tile matches, i would say purple but purple already creates random defensive tiles. This would allow spidey to combo matches in order to boost his other skills. It would fit, it would be easy, and it wouldn't be overpowered. Therein lies the problem with spiderman all along. His blue was so cheap because it relied on web tiles and the only way to create web tiles was blue. When they changed blue, the power of the skill is fine, but the web tile portion of it is crippling, because you can only make web tiles with blue. If they allowed another way to make a webtile it would leave his blue skill very good as you wouldn't need to rely only on blue to pump blue.

I agree that can be a way to solve the lack of web tiles recreation. Using 5 blue to create 1 web tiles is too too too slow. Also, with this web tile creation speed, usually there only maximum 3-4 web tiles on the board with the destruction skills or matching from AI. That makes spiderman blue useless.

Someone may think there will be too many web tiles on the board and the skill is again OP. I suggest after beta test, if there are really too many web tiles and too easy to generate a number of web tiles, then the skill can be changed to per 2 web tiles for 1 stun turn, having a max 3 to 4 stun turn. That will be much better than now.
  • If they wanna line up spiderman with the other stunning characters, i think they have to lower the cost to 4 blu AP (at the maximum skill level) that is twice as much as it was before...
    Probably there is no interest in fixing it (no matter how we spent... icon_e_sad.gif )
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    panicellu wrote:
    If they wanna line up spiderman with the other stunning characters, i think they have to lower the cost to 4 blu AP (at the maximum skill level) that is twice as much as it was before...
    Probably there is no interest in fixing it (no matter how we spent... icon_e_sad.gif )

They MUST change blue cost, 5 is way too much. Purple after the fix is now the best Spidey ability and I think yellow is ok, but blue was nerfed too much. 4 is probably the best cost, maybe 3 could be ok not op now that stun duration has been capped at 3 turns. Right now I allways use Spidey powers without web tiles, at their base level I don't see any point in using 5 blue for just one turn stun and 1 web tile.

Other possibility fix to blue would be to create two web tiles each time you use the ability, so when you use the ability two times you have all the web tiles for maxing the other powers.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had made numerous posts months ago that the biggest issue for spidey was that his skills were tied to web tile creation. Which is why blue cost was so low as to actually create webtiles. This was going to be the issue with Spidey and D3 was warned by the community that just a straight up AP Nerf was going to kill him since it massively reduces his ability to create web-tiles and thus kills yellow and purple at the same time. What do they do? They nerf blue by increasing AP nerf the other skills but don't take into account that you essentially just increased the cost of creating a webtile by 250%. Now they did fix purple which was nice, but the only way Spidey can become viable is if they
    A.) reduce some of the webtile requirement off of blue
    B.) allow another way to creat a web tile
    C.) allow blue to create 2 web tiles
    D.) lower blue AP cost to 4

Of these four choices I do not see B or D happening. they have set their standard of nothing costing below 5, and allowing another webtile creation would be too much programing. That leaves us with choices A or C. both are functionally the same however A. is probably the most balanced approach as creating 2 webtiles per blue usage drastically increases the power levels of yellow and purple at the same time. So here is what the simplest to fix and most blanced version of blue should be

All Tied Up - Blue 5 AP
    Spider-Man slings webs, stunning the enemy for 1 turn. He then adds a Yellow Web tile to the board.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist
    Level 3: +1 turn of stun if 1 Web tiles exist
    Level 4: +1 turn of stun if 0 Web tile exists
    Level 5: +1 or +2 turns of stun when 0 or 1 Web tiles exist.

althougth I actually think this is better

All Tied Up - Blue 5 AP
    Spider-Man slings webs, stunning the enemy for 1 turn. He then adds 2 Yellow Web tiles to the board.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: +1 turn of stun if 3 Web tiles exist
    Level 3: +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist
    Level 4: +1 turn of stun if 1 Web tile exists
    Level 5: +1 or +2 turns of stun when 1 or 2 Web tiles exist.

One can only hope