*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    AethD wrote:
    This poll has huge issues as well. There's basically one option that is the most common sentiment expressed, that he was OP and needed fixing, but they screwed it up. The 50/50 split in the first poll was mostly from people having to weigh between being happy something was done, and upset at the extent of the nerf. Here you've just tried to throw all those people in one choice. The top two choices are weird in that they're basically the same, except one is talking about the process? Everything else is talking about the actual changes.

Yeah, it's definitely geared towards steering people to a specific answer, while the other one was more ambiguous. Many things in life fall under the "It's better than it used to be, but it could be even BETTER" with whatever your personal opinion on what 'even better' entails. It's very difficult to put together a poll that doesn't bias one way or another.

I certainly don't think any accusations of rigging the former poll have much merit, since even though the 'unsatisfied' response is a negative term, the description of the response states that the voter actually prefers the current implementation to the previous one, which would include those who are 'happier' than they were before.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just fought a spidy in PVP and he was a bit more of a nuisance, not nearly as bad as before but still a pain. With his new purple you really have to watch that either he does not get them or that you can destroy them. I do find it odd that they did not revamp him completely. I expected some sort of AP steal effect, or he could target the board for X amount of tile swaps (or grabs). It's not very character oriented that he blocks damage better than stunning (which is a absolute joke now).
  • Unknown
    Options
    The purple used to be 66 Base, 76 per increment.

The nerf set it to a record god-awful low of 20 base. That made his purple even more useless than his blue. But this current buff brought it back to 104!! The increment is around 30, less than the previous, but that's fine and all.

I have my Gold Bagman at 3/5/5. Was thinking of respeccing him to 5/5/3, but I guess I don't have to any more!!

Should I spec him to 5/3/5? I don't know, his blue is **** now. I mean, who's brilliant idea was it to have a 1 turn stun for 5 AP? Hell, it's even worse than Venom now! Was that the idea? Make him worse than Venom? 5 AP for 1 turn stun, 10 AP for 3 turn stun. What a brilliant idea......

Anyway, I guess this means his purple is actually back up to a usable state, and a controlled max power cap, unlike the previous version. (Could reach over 1.2k damage reduction.)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's gold bullseye now, get it right icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    omg, I just realized he can have 4 protect tiles out at once now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What about lower to 4 blue ap the webs cost at skill lvl 5?
    It will be comparable to the others 3 or 2 stars characters:
    storm 11ap
    hawkey 10ap
    captain 12ap (but return 10)
    etc..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whatever will you do with all that protection?!?

...wait, never mind, don't answer that. icon_twisted.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well Spidey/Falcon sounds annoying as hell again, and Punisher/Spidey/Falcon have been made somewhat more viable again - although not much, as Punisher isn't someone named lazyThor. I might need to respec Spidey to 5-3-5, too, as I can't get to 15 blue anyway/get 12 yellow without depleting ALL the yellow for webtiles on the board.
    Edit: oh, wait, my Spidey is 4-5-2. *sob* lol
    Purple is the new blue!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just want to say, you guys are good. That was awesome. I only wish I was that creative. Well, even though I'm nowhere near as creative as you guys, I did managed to somehow came up with my own song, hope you guys like it.

Here goes.
    Ice-Nine, Ice-Nine
    Friendly Forum Admin Ice-Nine
    He's so totally not asinine
    I'll give his face a 3, but his **** a 9.
    Look out, here comes the Ice-Nine.

Is he cute? Listen, lass.
    He's got thousand followers tailing his ****.
    Can you follow him on his Tweets?
    No, but there's an Ice-Nine tracker, Google it.
    Hey there, there goes the Ice-Nine.

In the middle of the forum,
    Comes a kitchen spamming bot.
    With the touch of a button,
    He got banned, on the spot!

Ice-Nine, Ice-Nine
    Friendly Forum Admin Ice-Nine
    Legit complaints, he's ignored.
    He's even made a forum troll a mod.
    Look out, here comes the Ice-Nine.

Oh, btw, I also pictured Michael Buble singing it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQJg5fP ... WQJg5fP0U8
  • Unknown
    Options
    Other:
    My gripe is how long they let him be overpowered, no matter about the exact nature of the changes. I guess Rags was the test balloon for this but I'm pretty sure they had a sales metrics for this and waited until people stopped straight up buying their way to a high spidey and only then nerfed him and nerfed him hard enough to make all that money pretty much a waste now, apart from all the covers people got from placing high. Move on to the next OP char, rinse, repeat and profit. :/
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    All I've done is given people a 5 point scale rather than a 3 point scale. Plus I've allowed people to opt out by selecting the other code. Ultimately you can net the two scores into a satisfied and unsatisfied score. Both negative and positive codes are similar, which is intended as it meant to provide scale in a closed question setup.

One aspect of bias implies I had a leading question,sure I could have worded the question more neutrally, but the things done to Spidey were reductions in power, not neutral changes. If you wanted actual research done on this, I would have filtered everyone by Spiderman ownership and level, funneled them to a a couple of rating scale questions and had them validate their responses with an open ended section. But unfortunately the capacity for this on the forum is limited icon_e_smile.gif Should have made a survey monkey survey!

All I know is that it should never have been even close to 50/50. And this poll illustrates that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Guys, so is 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 the recommended build now?

Hmm, I think we should call him a Gold Bagman/Bullseye hybrid lol.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 is definitely what I want now, but I still think he's no longer worth using much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmm, I guess no one likes it. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's a suggestion: just remove Spider-Man from the game.

It depresses me to look at him in my roster and know that I'll never use my favorite character in the Marvel Universe. It literally saddens me to know that Marvel's biggest, most famous hero is so useless, while 3rd tier guys, like Daken and Hood, that I have absolutely no connection to, are so much better. Honestly - Daken? Who cares about this guy? If he died in the Marvel Universe tomorrow and was never seen again, would anyone mind? But Spider-Man has been beloved for over 50 years. For 50 years kids the world over have been wearing this guy's tee-shirt!!! But what is he in MPQ? A joke. A frigging punchline. But not just once - twice, because he's got 2 useless versions.

Please just take him out of the game and end my suffering. Out of sight, out of mind, right?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the point they're trying to make was that you were not necessarily disatisfied by him getting a nerf, but it being too much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd have thought someone named Dormammu would be big fan of the Hood.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The way I see the new changes make 5/3/5 the best build. His stun is useless, and although his yellow is much worse (seeing as how in the past web tiles were a dime a dozen) it still heals.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He doesn't need respec'd regardless, just benched.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He doesn't need respec'd regardless, just benched.

He needs a costume change.

YfbE7dP.jpg

Fixed!